PDA

View Full Version : Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

DragonStryk72
03-15-2014, 04:44 AM
Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops N E W L O N D O N, Conn., Sept. 8, 2000

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

I just... the sheer degree of stupid involved in this is just mind-boggling. If there is a guy who is of high IQ, and willing to fight you in court for a decade to be able to work for you.... fucking hire him!

You know what happened when the Navy found out I had a high IQ? The recruiters were on me like a starving wolf on a lame deer to try and get me into advanced programs.

tailfins
03-15-2014, 05:36 AM
I just... the sheer degree of stupid involved in this is just mind-boggling. If there is a guy who is of high IQ, and willing to fight you in court for a decade to be able to work for you.... fucking hire him!

Q: You know what happened when the Navy found out I had a high IQ? The recruiters were on me like a starving wolf on a lame deer to try and get me into advanced programs.

A: They realized their test was defective.

Gaffer
03-15-2014, 09:57 AM
It's called affirmative action. I have had the same experiences in the past with jobs. Hell I once applied at a prison having over two years experience at another prison and the guy doing the hiring couldn't wait to get me in. There were 19 openings to fill. When it came time to hire I couldn't get the job because I was white. They hired 18 black guys and one Mexican. Cincinnati police and fire exam. White males must score 98% just to get an interview. Black males needed to score 49%. I don't remember the scores for women, but a black woman could practically walk into the job.

I have also scored number 1 on a police exam only to be ignored because of my age, at the time I was in my 40's. The exams are used to appear as if they are giving everyone an equal opportunity. That's not the case. Racial make up and nepotism are the too primary factors in hiring for govt jobs.

aboutime
03-15-2014, 02:56 PM

You know what happened when the Navy found out I had a high IQ? The recruiters were on me like a starving wolf on a lame deer to try and get me into advanced programs.

DragonStryk. In a way. This kind of story sort of backs up my endless contentions that present day governments, local, state, and federal...DO NOT want people....NAMELY DEMOCRAT VOTERS....to become knowledgeable, or to gain intelligence. Doing so would EXPOSE the Politicians as the phony, double-talking, liars they really are.

An Informed Citizen is a hazard to all politicians. And if you allow anyone SMARTER than politicians to become Police Officers..., or members of the military. They (the politicians, congress people, presidents) may not like the Opposition to their abuse of, and ignorance of LAWS.

jafar00
03-16-2014, 05:04 AM
This is the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOtrGuXnOko

Jeff
03-16-2014, 06:34 AM
It's called affirmative action. I have had the same experiences in the past with jobs. Hell I once applied at a prison having over two years experience at another prison and the guy doing the hiring couldn't wait to get me in. There were 19 openings to fill. When it came time to hire I couldn't get the job because I was white. They hired 18 black guys and one Mexican. Cincinnati police and fire exam. White males must score 98% just to get an interview. Black males needed to score 49%. I don't remember the scores for women, but a black woman could practically walk into the job.

I have also scored number 1 on a police exam only to be ignored because of my age, at the time I was in my 40's. The exams are used to appear as if they are giving everyone an equal opportunity. That's not the case. Racial make up and nepotism are the too primary factors in hiring for govt jobs.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gaffer again.

Affirmative action , what a joke. Affirmative action has done more to destroy this country than Obama :eek: well that isn't true Obama holds that title securely