PDA

View Full Version : Lets set this lie straight!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I just post this correction at another forum where a fool proclaimed we owe Islam for Algebra. Which is nothing more than a damn lie! -Tyr

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2013/01/muslims_did_not_invent_algebra_1.html

Muslims Did Not Invent Algebra
By Bernie on 07 Jan 2013

Muslims enjoy passing around the absurd lie that it was a Muslim who invented Algebra. For example, on Yahoo!

Nope, elementary Algebra as we know it today was used extensively first by the Greek Mathematician Diophantus (cf Diophantine equations).

The Persian Mathematician Al Khwarizmi merely formalized it, he did not "invent" it and moreover, he may have been a Zoroastrian, it is disputed whether he was Muslim at all.

s, algebra is an Arabic word. So is sugar (from the Arabic word سكر sukkar) but that doesn't mean Muslims invented sugar.

When Arabs overran Persia, Egypt, Constantinople and other countries they found great literature and books of discovery. But ascribing greatness to Muslims for translating the ideas of others into Arabic is like saying the Nazis were artistic geniuses for invading the museums of Europe and carting off the great works of art back to Germany (1). Give me a break.

Yes, algebra is an Arabic word. So is sugar (from the Arabic word سكر sukkar) but that doesn't mean Muslims invented sugar.

When Arabs overran Persia, Egypt, Constantinople and other countries they found great literature and books of discovery. But ascribing greatness to Muslims for translating the ideas of others into Arabic is like saying the Nazis were artistic geniuses for invading the museums of Europe and carting off the great works of art back to Germany (1). Give me a break.

If Islam inspires its adherents to make great discoveries in science and technology then why are 99% of Muslims in the world:

"... the poorest, the most illiterate, the most backward, the most unhealthy, the most un-enlightened, the most deprived, and the weakest of all the human race..."

-- Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf

And it has been like that for the past 1,000 years

We should all start refuting the lies that are so numerous and recited by ignorant people attempting to defend Islam as if it brought light to the world. It actually destroyed enlightened civilizations as it spread like a cancer while murdering millions.. --Tyr

aboutime
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
The only thing anyone owes ISLAM is...sending our illigitimate, so-called, wannabe, pretend president back to wherever he came from.

Personally. I OWE THEM NOTHING, and neither should anyone else feel beholden to them for anything.

Take a quick look around the world, and you will see. Wherever Islam happens to exist. Nothing but anger, hatred, death, and selfishness exist...that leads to endless war.