PDA

View Full Version : Obama transparency getting worse...

jimnyc
03-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I knew it was a big fat lie the day this asshole stated this crap. I also knew the "hope and change" was a bunch of thought up bullshit feel good crap to get people to vote for him, and I'm confident that many, many dummies out there believed it and fell for it. But the trsnaprent thing is funny - as it shows him to be the liar he is - as well as gives another opportunity to show the hypocrisy on the left, who don't call him out for this bullshit, simply because he's got a D next to his name. ALWAYS with the democrats and their supporters - party before country.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration has a way to go to fulfill its promises from Day 1 to become the most transparent administration in history.

More often than ever, the administration censored government files or outright denied access to them last year under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act, cited more legal exceptions it said justified withholding materials and refused a record number of times to turn over files quickly that might be especially newsworthy, according to a new analysis of federal data by The Associated Press.

Most agencies also took longer to answer records requests.

The government's own figures from 99 federal agencies covering six years show that halfway through its second term, the administration has made few meaningful improvements in the way it releases records. In category after category - except for reducing numbers of old requests and a slight increase in how often it waived copying fees - the government's efforts to be more open about its activities last year were their worst since President Barack Obama took office.

In a year of intense public interest over the National Security Agency's surveillance programs, the government cited national security to withhold information a record 8,496 times - a 57 percent increase over a year earlier and more than double Obama's first year, when it cited that reason 3,658 times. The Defense Department, including the NSA, and the CIA accounted for nearly all those. The Agriculture Department's Farm Service Agency cited national security six times, the Environmental Protection Agency did twice and the National Park Service once.

And five years after Obama directed agencies to less frequently invoke a "deliberative process" exception to withhold materials describing decision-making behind the scenes, the government did it anyway, a record 81,752 times.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUNSHINE_WEEK_FOIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Perianne
03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
This Obama administration is without doubt the nastiest administration ever.

Here's what worries me: It seems that each administration builds, or takes, from the previous one. If this is the case, where will we go from here?

Gaffer
03-18-2014, 11:07 AM
This Obama administration is without doubt the nastiest administration ever.

Here's what worries me: It seems that each administration builds, or takes, from the previous one. If this is the case, where will we go from here?

The problem is they hire, not appoint, people to position of authority in the administration protected by unions laws preventing them from being removed. These people then continue the work of the administration and undermine whatever opposition administration takes over. They are dug into a huge bureaucratic system that doesn't allow for them to be removed.