PDA

View Full Version : Arm muslims while disarming Americans.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2014, 10:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/us-delivers-missiles-ammunition-iraq-172221162.html

US delivers missiles, ammunition to Iraq

Baghdad (AFP) - The United States delivered nearly 100 Hellfire missiles, M4 rifles and hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition to Iraq this month, the US embassy in Baghdad said Sunday.

The delivery is part of US efforts to help Iraq combat Sunni militant groups, including the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, amid ongoing instability in Sunni Arab areas, particularly western Anbar province where militants have held an entire city for more than two months.

"Earlier this month, the United States delivered nearly 100 Hellfire missiles together with hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition and M4 rifles," the embassy said in a statement.

"It is essential that Iraqi security forces are equipped with modern and effective weaponry given the serious threat the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant now poses to Iraq and the region," it said.

The embassy said the US had delivered more than 11 million rounds of ammunition as well as thousands of machine guns and rifles, along with thousands of flares, grenades and other weapons since mid-January.

"Additional deliveries are scheduled in coming weeks," it said in the statement.

Iraq is grappling with its worst prolonged period of violence since it emerged from a bloody sectarian war that left tens of thousands dead in 2006-07.

More than 250 people have already been killed this month, according to an AFP tally, and militants have held control of Fallujah since early January.

Analysts and diplomats have urged the Shiite-led government to reach out to the Sunni community, who allege they are mistreated by the government and security forces.

But with elections looming on April 30, political leaders have been loath to be seen to compromise, and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has taken a hard line, focusing on security operations and singling out Saudi Arabia and Qatar, accusing the two Gulf states of backing militant groups and effectively waging war on Iraq

The Obama admin seeks to disarm we law abiding citizens while they spend billions arming muslim nations. Does anybody see something very wrong with this picture? Suddenly with Obama in charge we spend billions going to muslim regimes. And now tell me how he isn't a "muslim in hiding" so I can yet again laugh at the stupidity and sheer blindness some people have..-Tyr

fj1200
03-17-2014, 12:32 PM
I just have two questions, any Americans been disarmed yet by the Feds? and have we only been arming Muslims for the past 5 years?

Gaffer
03-17-2014, 01:00 PM
I just have two questions, any Americans been disarmed yet by the Feds? and have we only been arming Muslims for the past 5 years?

DC and Chicago come to mind along with NYC, where they have laws against owning and carrying fire arms in spite of the SC ruling. ATF raiding gun shops and parts manufacturers, laws preventing the sale of fire arms in cities and over the internet. Lots of examples of disarming and attempts to disarm Americans.

We have been arming muslims that can't be trusted with arms over the past 5 years. Syrian rebels, Libya, Iraq for example. Also afghan and pakistan receive our aid as well. The arms shipments are either pay offs or bribes.

jimnyc
03-17-2014, 01:25 PM

Replying in the strictest sense, yes, they have. :)

fj1200
03-17-2014, 01:32 PM
DC and Chicago come to mind along with NYC, where they have laws against owning and carrying fire arms in spite of the SC ruling. ATF raiding gun shops and parts manufacturers, laws preventing the sale of fire arms in cities and over the internet. Lots of examples of disarming and attempts to disarm Americans.

We have been arming muslims that can't be trusted with arms over the past 5 years. Syrian rebels, Libya, Iraq for example. Also afghan and pakistan receive our aid as well. The arms shipments are either pay offs or bribes.

I agree that some states have been continuing strict 2A limits for a lot longer than 5 years. We've also been arming countries that are not the most trustworthy for longer than 5 years.

Replying in the strictest sense, yes, they have. :)

I did ask two questions. :poke:

jimnyc
03-17-2014, 01:41 PM
I did ask two questions. :poke:

We have most definitely armed others, sadly. I don't know the figures and to whom... But I'll ask this in reply to that question - which countries have weapons been supplied to where there is/was an uprising, and the weapons are/were used against citizens? While I'm confident arms have been sold or given to others as a part of agreements - WHO is abusing and/or using them in a 'criminal' manner is then narrowed down.

fj1200
03-17-2014, 01:47 PM
We have most definitely armed others, sadly. I don't know the figures and to whom... But I'll ask this in reply to that question - which countries have weapons been supplied to where there is/was an uprising, and the weapons are/were used against citizens? While I'm confident arms have been sold or given to others as a part of agreements - WHO is abusing and/or using them in a 'criminal' manner is then narrowed down.

Of course we have armed others for decades, no question there. And of course it would be easy to find where we've provided arms used against citizens, i.e. the Shah, Pinochet, etc. and of course we've supplied weapons during uprisings, i.e. the Contras, etc. We haven't "suddenly" armed anyone.

EDIT:

I'm sure Rev could give a more accurate accounting than myself. :laugh:

jafar00
03-17-2014, 03:25 PM
The Obama admin seeks to disarm we law abiding citizens while they spend billions arming muslim nations. Does anybody see something very wrong with this picture? Suddenly with Obama in charge we spend billions going to muslim regimes. And now tell me how he isn't a "muslim in hiding" so I can yet again laugh at the stupidity and sheer blindness some people have..-Tyr

I thought Iraq was your ally now? :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2014, 09:16 AM
I thought Iraq was your ally now? :) Never been my ally and almost certainly never will be. I bear no blame for government stupidity. A government of my choosing would honor the Constitution and protect our freedoms not seek to take those freedoms away. Nor would it stupidly arm enemies that are sworn by faith to destroy us. -Tyr