PDA

View Full Version : National Guard Reservist Arrested In Al-Qaida-Linked Attack

jimnyc
03-17-2014, 03:16 PM
National Guard Reservist Arrested In LA Subway Attack Plot

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A National Guard reservist has been arrested at the U.S-Canada border in Washington for allegedly trying to aid al-Qaida in a plot to attack a Southland subway.

Nicholas Teausant, 20, of Acampo, was charged Monday with attempting to provide material to support a foreging terrorist organization, The U.S. District Attorney’s Office said.

Teausant was arrested at the Canadian border “with the intent of continuing to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, a foreign terrorist organization more widely known as al-Qaida in Iraq,” officials said.

He allegedly began planning the attack late last year with the intent of carrying it out with the use of an unknown type of explosives on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, a complaint said.

Teausant is expected to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/03/17/national-guard-reservist-arrested-in-la-subway-attack-plot/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2014, 06:23 PM
National Guard Reservist Arrested In LA Subway Attack Plot

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A National Guard reservist has been arrested at the U.S-Canada border in Washington for allegedly trying to aid al-Qaida in a plot to attack a Southland subway.

Nicholas Teausant, 20, of Acampo, was charged Monday with attempting to provide material to support a foreging terrorist organization, The U.S. District Attorney’s Office said.

Teausant was arrested at the Canadian border “with the intent of continuing to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, a foreign terrorist organization more widely known as al-Qaida in Iraq,” officials said.

He allegedly began planning the attack late last year with the intent of carrying it out with the use of an unknown type of explosives on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, a complaint said.

Teausant is expected to make his initial appearance Monday afternoon.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/03/17/national-guard-reservist-arrested-in-la-subway-attack-plot/

Now watch them cover up what religion he was.. Just like they low profile the Fort Hood shooter's trial. Another U.S. military traitor. Who should have been tried for treason and already executed.. -Tyr

jafar00
03-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Another day, another sting, another nutter off the streets in order to keep the sheeple scared enough into supporting the erosion of their rights in the name of the war on terror.

CSM
03-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Another day, another sting, another nutter off the streets in order to keep the sheeple scared enough into supporting the erosion of their rights in the name of the war on terror.

There is a lot to consider in this statement, Jafar. IMO, the erosion of individual freedoms in the name of the "war on terror" has done more to harm this nation than all the acts of terrorism committed in this country COMBINED. Yes, the death toll as a result of terrorist acts is tragic but the loss of freedom is far more lasting and has deeper impact; the destruction of this nation is the goal of many terrorist organizations and they are succeeding. One terrorist bomb kills hundreds or more people ... the loss of freedom will kill millions.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Another day, another sting, another nutter off the streets in order to keep the sheeple scared enough into supporting the erosion of their rights in the name of the war on terror. That is true, the government does use it to erode our rights. I've never stated otherwise but...... the Islamic terrorists are real and are waging a campaign to destroy us. It is just sad that our government chose to attack us instead of them!!! Sad and likely to be quite deadly too. For it has the potential to start a civil war someday. For the government is actually doing their bidding by attacking us and our rights. Fact.. -Tyr

fj1200
03-18-2014, 12:54 PM
That is true, the government does use it to erode our rights. I've never stated otherwise but...... the Islamic terrorists are real and are waging a campaign to destroy us. It is just sad that our government chose to attack us instead of them!!! Sad and likely to be quite deadly too. For it has the potential to start a civil war someday. For the government is actually doing their bidding by attacking us and our rights. Fact.. -Tyr

Um, where did the government NOT attack those who attacked us?

aboutime
03-18-2014, 02:42 PM

More of the same old crap from jafar. Obviously denounces, or even is willing to admit there IS such a thing as a WAR ON TERROR.

Your propaganda just doesn't work anymore jafar. Your attempts to convince anyone here, are as effective as holding your head out the passenger window of a Jet...while trying to sing.

Your lips FLAP...but nobody can hear you.

jimnyc
03-18-2014, 02:54 PM

I don't think many people around these parts were in fear when they learned of a solo guy heading to Syria. Plus, I doubt it would lead to anything further, as obviously whatever is in place was enough to find and capture this schmuck.

jafar00
03-18-2014, 04:08 PM
That is true, the government does use it to erode our rights. I've never stated otherwise but...... the Islamic terrorists are real and are waging a campaign to destroy us. It is just sad that our government chose to attack us instead of them!!! Sad and likely to be quite deadly too. For it has the potential to start a civil war someday. For the government is actually doing their bidding by attacking us and our rights. Fact.. -Tyr

I think the threat is overstated. On purpose.

The only time you hear about these plots is when the govt has identified (ie. found a patsy with limited means or intelligence), groomed, encouraged, paid and supplied a would be terrorist.

How many terrorists have the TSA stopped vs grannies and children groped?

If MH370 was hijacked, why didn't the NSA know about it in advance with all their spying?

We are all being duped into accepting these restrictions on our freedom. Even outside of the US. I've even had empty water bottles confiscated before a flight. I usually take one onboard to use in the toilet because I wash instead of wiping with paper. What kind of threat does an empty plastic bottle pose?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2014, 08:27 PM
I think the threat is overstated. On purpose.

The only time you hear about these plots is when the govt has identified (ie. found a patsy with limited means or intelligence), groomed, encouraged, paid and supplied a would be terrorist.

How many terrorists have the TSA stopped vs grannies and children groped?

If MH370 was hijacked, why didn't the NSA know about it in advance with all their spying?

We are all being duped into accepting these restrictions on our freedom. Even outside of the US. I've even had empty water bottles confiscated before a flight. I usually take one onboard to use in the toilet because I wash instead of wiping with paper. What kind of threat does an empty plastic bottle pose?

No doubt the leftist/dems use it further their ignorant policies. However the Islamic terrorist threat is real. Its just more real other places and once those places fall we become the bigger target. Britain is quite likely to fall within a decade's time, certainly within 2 decades. After that all Europe will go. Maybe the Russians conquer Europe and save it from the Islamists. Because they would make short work of the Islamists once they started eliminating them. For they have the capacity and ruthlessness to do what has to be done . Our problem is they want to let the muslims weaken us much more before they tackle them the way they know how to do. Fighting on European soil the Russians would win easily. Fact.. No desert terrain which favors the muslims. --Tyr