PDA

View Full Version : The Night

Perianne
03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I understand ya'll don't really know me very well, but I wanted to share this romantic night I had.

Early last week, my feller asked me for a date on Saturday night. I told him I was scheduled to work and he asked me if I could find someone to work for me. He asked me to dress nice (I always do).

I was surprised when he took me to my best girlfriend's house. They had decorated her dining room with daisies (my favorite), white table-clothed dining, candles... the whole works. They had hired a chef to prepare a wonderful Italian dinner of spaghetti with meatballs (my favorite meal), some type of Italian soup (delicious!) and spumoni ice cream (again, my favorite) for dessert. When we finished eating we went into the living room, music started to play, and he asked me to dance to The Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody". The next song was The Platters' "Only You".

About half-way through "Only You", the volume lowered, he got down on one knee and proposed to me.

fj1200
03-17-2014, 05:23 PM
I was surprised when he took me to my best girlfriend's house.

Bom chicka wah wah...

I mean, congratulations. :)

jimnyc
03-17-2014, 05:34 PM
I understand ya'll don't really know me very well, but I wanted to share this romantic night I had.

Early last week, my feller asked me for a date on Saturday night. I told him I was scheduled to work and he asked me if I could find someone to work for me. He asked me to dress nice (I always do).

I was surprised when he took me to my best girlfriend's house. They had decorated her dining room with daisies (my favorite), white table-clothed dining, candles... the whole works. They had hired a chef to prepare a wonderful Italian dinner of spaghetti with meatballs (my favorite meal), some type of Italian soup (delicious!) and spumoni ice cream (again, my favorite) for dessert. When we finished eating we went into the living room, music started to play, and he asked me to dance to The Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody". The next song was The Platters' "Only You".

About half-way through "Only You", the volume lowered, he got down on one knee and proposed to me.

That's awesome, congratulations!! That was cool that they all helped put it together. Sounds like a night you won't forget, that's for sure!! :beer:

aboutime
03-17-2014, 05:35 PM

And......you said........? Congratulations, either way. Great way to begin Spring.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2014, 06:34 PM

About half-way through "Only You", the volume lowered, he got down on one knee and proposed to me. A man that would do that obviously must be a keeper. I trust that you replied --Yes!!! Congrats on landing obviously a really good man.. :beer:---Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2014, 07:30 PM

About half-way through "Only You", the volume lowered, he got down on one knee and proposed to me. Does my 4 year, long distance, courtship and battling government red tape along with travelling to the other side of the planet to be with my then fiancée qualify?? Now almost ten years married and still shaking the house late at night leads me to think it does. My wife laughingly asked this the morning after our honeymoon night. "Darling , where have you been all my life"? I replied laughing, "mostly married to two other women"(I have two ex's). After a hard looking blank stare for a minute she burst out laughing and I was sweating it that entire minute!! Now she is pretty good at getting my sense of humor. If not we'd never made it.. -Tyr

gabosaurus
03-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Pretty awesome night. I love stories of true love.
Might I suggest the song I had played at my wedding:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P5spsKjK7j4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

We said we'd walk together baby come what may
That come the twilight should we lose our way
If as we're walkin a hand should slip free
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me

We swore we'd travel darlin' side by side
We'd help each other stay in stride
But each lover's steps fall so differently
But I'll wait for you
And if I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now everyone dreams of a love lasting and true
But you and I know what this world can do
So let's make our steps clear that the other may see
And I'll wait for you
If I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now there's a beautiful river in the valley ahead
There 'neath the oak's bough soon we will be wed
Should we lose each other in the shadow of the evening trees
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me

Perianne
03-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Of course I said "yes!" He is a keeper for sure.

Jeff
03-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Congrats !!!!

Y'all Sound like a great couple !!

CSM
03-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Congratulations!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Pretty awesome night. I love stories of true love.
Might I suggest the song I had played at my wedding:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P5spsKjK7j4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

We said we'd walk together baby come what may
That come the twilight should we lose our way
If as we're walkin a hand should slip free
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me

We swore we'd travel darlin' side by side
We'd help each other stay in stride
But each lover's steps fall so differently
But I'll wait for you
And if I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now everyone dreams of a love lasting and true
But you and I know what this world can do
So let's make our steps clear that the other may see
And I'll wait for you
If I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now there's a beautiful river in the valley ahead
There 'neath the oak's bough soon we will be wed
Should we lose each other in the shadow of the evening trees
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me

The lyrics to his songs are always amazing. I know he used to write his own songs which always impressed me greatly. I am a big fan despite his political views.. ...--Tyr

Perianne
08-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Alas, it was not to be. We have been separated for several months. I have met someone else and he is now with my BFF (at whose house he proposed to me).

Life sure has some twists.

Black Diamond
08-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Alas, it was not to be. We have been separated for several months. I have met someone else and he is now with my BFF (at whose house he proposed to me).

Wow. That it does.

Abbey Marie
08-26-2015, 11:15 AM

Sounds like there's a story there...

Sorry Perianne! (If you are hurt by it).

Perianne
08-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Sounds like there's a story there...

Sorry Perianne! (If you are hurt by it).

No, actually I am not hurt by it. I had met someone else and then he came home and decided he wanted to get back together. I talked my BFF into distracting him for a while during which time I am pursuing this other relationship. It seems to have worked out for all of us.

Jeff
08-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Hey Girl roll with it, enjoy the good, tolerate the bad and enjoy each day ya wake up because a day above ground is a good one.