PDA

View Full Version : Russian Deputy PM Laughs at Obama’s Sanctions

jimnyc
03-17-2014, 08:02 PM
We have such a feared leader who demands respect around the world. :rolleyes:

MOSCOW – Russia’s deputy prime minister laughed off President Obama’s sanction against him today asking “Comrade @BarackObama” if “some prankster” came up with the list.

The Obama administration hit 11 Russian and Ukrainian officials with sanctions today as punishment for Russia’s support of Crimea’s referendum. Among them: aides to President Vladimir Putin, a top government official, senior lawmakers, Crimean officials, the ousted president of Ukraine, and a Ukrainian politician and businessman allegedly tied to violence against protesters in Kiev.

It remains to be seen whether the sanctions will dissuade Russia from annexing Crimea, but one an early clue that they will not be effective came just hours later when President Putin signed a decree recognizing Crimea as an independent state, perhaps an early step towards annexation.

U.S. official have warned of additional sanctions for Russian action, hoping it will deter Russia from any further aggression towards Ukraine, but it didn’t appear to upset the often outspoke Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.

Rogozin, a friend of actor Steven Seagal, took to Twitter to tweak Obama, tweeting he thinks “some prankster” came up with the sanctions list

In a later tweet addressed to “Comrade @BarackObama,” he asked, “what should do those who have neither accounts nor property abroad? Or U didn’t think about it?”

Another Russian on the sanctions list, Vladislav Surkov, also seemed unconcerned.

Surkov, a top Putin ideologue often called the Kremlin’s grey cardinal, reportedly told a Russian newspaper, “It’s a big honor for me. I don’t have accounts abroad. The only things that interest me in the U.S. are Tupac Shakur, Allen Ginsberg, and Jackson Pollock. I don’t need a visa to access their work. I lose nothing.”

Here’s who gets hit with the sanctions:

U.S. officials said that, among the sanctioned individuals were the “key ideologists and architects” of Russia’s Ukraine policy, while adding that some of the Russian officials were included in the list for their role in curbing “human rights and liberties” in Russia.

The sanctions freeze any assets under American jurisdiction and prevent American banks from doing business with the named individual, essentially freezing them out of the international banking system. The sanctions also impose a ban on their travel to the United States. Separately, but in coordination with the White House, the European Union announced sanctions today on 21 individuals that it plans to name later. U.S. officials told reporters that the American and European lists “overlapped” in some area, but declined to say how.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03/russian-deputy-pm-laughs-at-obamas-sanctions/

Kathianne
03-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Why wouldn't they laugh? March 3, 2012

So, he was elected, he has 'space...'

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/president-obama-asks-medvedev-for-space-on-missile-defense-after-my-election-i-have-more-flexibility/

President Obama Asks Medvedev for ‘Space’ on Missile Defense — ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

SEOUL, South Korea — At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have “more flexibility” to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him “space.”

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

When asked to explain what President Obama meant, deputy national security adviser for strategic communications Ben Rhodes told ABC News that there is room for the U.S. and Russia to reach an accommodation, but “there is a lot of rhetoric around this issue — there always is — in both countries.

A senior administration official tells ABC News: “this is a political year in which the Russians just had an election, we’re about to have a presidential and congressional elections — this is not the kind of year in which we’re going to resolve incredibly complicated issue like this. So there’s an advantage to pulling back and letting the technical experts work on this as the president has been saying.”
-Jake Tapper and Mary Bruce

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Why wouldn't they laugh? March 3, 2012

So, he was elected, he has 'space...'

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/president-obama-asks-medvedev-for-space-on-missile-defense-after-my-election-i-have-more-flexibility/ Yes, bamscum telegraphed what a lying little cowardly weasel he is. Putin picked up on that and the rest is current history. Bampunk gets spanked every time he goes up against Putin and Putin laughs his ass off at the great Dem hero!!! The guy that was supposed to make the entire world love us! Those guys sure knew how to spread it on thick.
And the dumbed down people bought it hook, line and sinker. :laugh: What is so funny is a great many of those dumbed down suckers were college grads and the so-called enlightened liberal crowd. :laugh2:--Tyr

revelarts
03-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Why exactly is Obama putting sanctions on Russia?
whats the horrible offense that has Obama , Kerry, Clinton, Phil Graham, McCain, Cruz etc..
so upset and hand wringing.
U say Russia is involved in fishy and militaristic political shenanigans influencing it's neighbors to it's advantage?!?!?!?!?!?!?

COUGHmonroedotrineCOUGHPananmaCOUGHNiciraguaCOUGHH attiCOUGHColombiaCOUGHDominican RepublicCOUGHElSalvadorCOUGHMexicoCough-A-COUGH!!!
sorry some kinda fog of history or fog of wars in my eyes and nose here.

Is American foreign policy about being able to tell everyone in the world that they have to do what we say or else? Do we have to be "THAT" to feel "respected" and show our "strength"?
sounds like a bully to me.
WHY exactly is it our business what the Russians and Ukrainians do over there?!?
and BTW aren't the opposition faction we want to WIN against Putin part NAZI. Not hyperbole Nazi but REAL honest to goodness, Anti Semitic , Hitler praising Nazis?

but we have to "do something" about the evil Russians messing that up for the NAZIS in the Urkraine?
or we or Obama... America isn't "strong".

why is American foreign policy so crazy? both Ds and Rs are soooo Upset that we can't help the Nazis over the Russians and 1/2 the people in the Ukraine.!

we help AlQeada in Syria and Libya and help the Nazis in the Ukraine. :salute: America = Freedom!:salute:

:eek:

How about we be "strong" and let other countries handle their own business. We already BLEW 5 billion dollars in the Ukraine (http://youtu.be/U2fYcHLouXY) already trying to get what our "state dept" wants. whatever that is. the rights to put missiles next door to Russia maybe?! why would the Russians have a problem with that, we're the good guys right.

whatever.

I say Obama needs to to stay WEAK, and get weaker. NO sanctions. No Nothing.

jimnyc
03-18-2014, 06:56 AM
^^^ Sup Rev!! Finally, a long crazy rant that I surprisingly agree with. :)

I don't think we should be involved there either. I do think we should keep a watchful eye and make sure innocent people aren't hurt, but no different than anyone else in the international community. Maybe toss out some language to show disagreement. Maybe even be a leader to an extent in any talks to try and let cooler heads prevail. But I don't think we should be spending any money really on this issue. Unless it's an issue with literally lives on the line - we have much more important problems of our own at home that this money can be spent on.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Why exactly is Obama putting sanctions on Russia?
whats the horrible offense that has Obama , Kerry, Clinton, Phil Graham, McCain, Cruz etc..
so upset and hand wringing.
U say Russia is involved in fishy and militaristic political shenanigans influencing it's neighbors to it's advantage?!?!?!?!?!?!?

COUGHmonroedotrineCOUGHPananmaCOUGHNiciraguaCOUGHH attiCOUGHColombiaCOUGHDominican RepublicCOUGHElSalvadorCOUGHMexicoCough-A-COUGH!!!
sorry some kinda fog of history or fog of wars in my eyes and nose here.

Is American foreign policy about being able to tell everyone in the world that they have to do what we say or else? Do we have to be "THAT" to feel "respected" and show our "strength"?
sounds like a bully to me.
WHY exactly is it our business what the Russians and Ukrainians do over there?!?
and BTW aren't the opposition faction we want to WIN against Putin part NAZI. Not hyperbole Nazi but REAL honest to goodness, Anti Semitic , Hitler praising Nazis?

but we have to "do something" about the evil Russians messing that up for the NAZIS in the Urkraine?
or we or Obama... America isn't "strong".

why is American foreign policy so crazy? both Ds and Rs are soooo Upset that we can't help the Nazis over the Russians and 1/2 the people in the Ukraine.!

we help AlQeada in Syria and Libya and help the Nazis in the Ukraine. :salute: America = Freedom!:salute:

:eek:

How about we be "strong" and let other countries handle their own business. We already BLEW 5 billion dollars in the Ukraine (http://youtu.be/U2fYcHLouXY) already trying to get what our "state dept" wants. whatever that is. the rights to put missiles next door to Russia maybe?! why would the Russians have a problem with that, we're the good guys right.

whatever.

I say Obama needs to to stay WEAK, and get weaker. NO sanctions. No Nothing.

The bambastard's so-called sanctions were to freeze the American assets of 11 Russian officials. Why the hell didn't we think of that when Hitler started his crap!!?? I mean look just how effective it is.. :laugh2:

My guess is this is what he meant by being flexible. Flexible to make a show of resistance but have no real meat in it. Its so damn laughable!! He didn't even sanction Putin but just some of his top aides. Didn't dare sanction Putin. Now don't get me wrong I am not for his using military assets to interfere with the Ukraine situation. I believe the bampunk agreed previously to let this happen in exchange for some puny non-meaningful thing he got in return from Putin. Like some worthless promise that Putin will break anytime he wishes to do so.
Its what you get when you put a damn conniving cowardly fool in charge!! America is reaping what it has sown.. Elect him once was a damn crying shame. Elect him again was an utter tragedy in the making!! And its made for us to try to live thru.. --Tyr

Gaffer
03-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Yep Rev it's none of our business. We can just sit back and watch. The Crimea is first. Uh well Georgia was first. Next will be an all out invasion of Ukraine, you know to protect those russian speaking folks. The Ukraine was a major part of the original soviet empire. Europe will rant and rave and do nothing. The US will send strongly worded letters to putin, careful not to be insulting and hurt anyone's feeling.

Next putin will start looking south into that corridor that runs into the heart of Europe. The Slavic states and Poland. Which invasion do you think will trigger Europe to declare war and finally mobilize to fight russia? How large will russia grow before any real action is taken.

In russia putin has a strong base and full control of his power. He's a full fledged dictator that knows how to manipulate people and countries. In the US we have a dictator that is surrounded by buffoons and political hacks that he owes his position to. So we have three years for putin to move and consolidate his position before there's any real threat to his conquests.

Syria continues to boil, iran thumbs their nose. saudi's are attempting to buy nukes, NK is stirring again. China is watches the responses and preparing to take territory in the Pacific, and AQ is stepping up their activities. But hey, it's none of our business.

Let's pull all our military out of other countries and bring them all home. Let's re-neg on all our treaties at the same time. Let's also pull out all our businesses in other countries including banking and trade. After all if we don't have military there we don't need the business and trade because that would mean having to protect them. We aren't the world's police force. We can just sit here in our corner of the world while the more powerful countries take over the other countries, after all we are safe behind two oceans. Sarcasm off.

I don't by the "it's none of our business" crap. It is our business. Ukraine is just another step toward a new russian empire. We should be placing troops in Ukraine for training Ukraine troops and as a deterrent from russian invasion. We should be putting major sanctions on everything russian. We should remove all restriction on gas and oil production in the US and begin exporting it to Europe and Ukraine. Otherwise history will just repeat itself. Different faces, same scenarios.

We need a strong US presence throughout the world. Without it you get what we are seeing now, despots trying to take over the world and eventually a world war.

truthmatters
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
so did you say the same thing with Bush did nothing while this KGB dictator was allowed to go into Georgia?