PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul looks to be a prime contender.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2014, 09:27 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/16/cnn-poll-rand-paul-goes-where-his-father-never-went/

CNN Poll: Rand Paul goes where his father never went

Posted by
CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - Rand Paul has done something his father never did - top the list of potential Republican presidential candidates in a national poll.

According to a new CNN/ORC International survey, 16% of Republicans and independents who lean toward the GOP say they would be likely to support the senator from Kentucky for the 2016 nomination.

Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the 2012 Republican vice presidential nominee, garnered 15%, with longtime Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who's considering another bid for the White House, at 11%.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a 2008 GOP presidential candidate, is the only other Republican tested in the survey to crack double digits.

The poll's sampling error means that statistically it's not a win for Paul, but his finish is a breakthrough for his family.

A national Quinnipiac poll found Paul tied with Ryan in January for the top spot. That appears to be as close as either Rand Paul or his father, Ron Paul, has ever come to nabbing first place all by himself in any national poll.

Among the other potential presidential hopefuls in the new CNN survey, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is at 9%, with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas each at 8%.

Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida registered 5% and former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, who battled eventual GOP nominee Mitt Romney deep into the 2012 GOP primary and caucus calendar, polled 3%. I like Rand Paul. If he will just wise up a bit I'd vote for him. I hate that he hasn't learned yet to avoid attempting to appease vermin that should be spat on and ignored. Well he has two years to gain wisdom. What say yee Rev?? ;) -Tyr

Gaffer
03-18-2014, 10:39 AM
I want to know more about his foreign policy ideas. His old man's influence worries me.

truthmatters
03-18-2014, 11:06 AM
randy paul cant win a national election

Trigg
03-19-2014, 09:41 AM
his opinion seems to change regarding immigration enforcement and amnesty, I can't figure out if he's for or against it. Other than that I can see him being a serious choice.

jimnyc
03-19-2014, 10:09 AM
He speaks out on liberty issues and the supposed racial issue, but I think he's going to see his poll numbers go down a bit when he enters the foreign policy war of words.