PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian sentenced to year in jail for spreading radical Islam

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/bulgarian-sentenced-jail-spreading-radical-islam-151224462.html

Bulgarian sentenced to year in jail for spreading radical Islam

Reuters
By Angel Krasimirov
8 hours ago

SOFIA (Reuters) - A Bulgarian man was sentenced to a year in jail on Wednesday for spreading radical Islam, in a case seen as a test for the delicate relations between the country's minority Muslims and Orthodox Christian majority.

The trial has provoked protest rallies both by Muslims and by nationalists claiming to represent the majority. Supporters of the nationalist VMRO party gathered outside the court on Wednesday in support of the prosecution.

"Ahmed Mussa was found guilty of belonging to an illegal organization, preaching an anti-democratic ideology, and inciting hatred on religious grounds," the court in the southern town of Pazardzhik said in a statement.

Mussa, who was also fined 5,000 levs ($3,600), will serve four years in prison because he received a suspended sentence for spreading radical Islam in 2003.

Prosecutors have convicted 12 Bulgarian men, most of them Muslim prayer leaders, and one woman with preaching radical Islam between 2008 and 2010. Two others in the group have been handed suspended sentences and the rest fined.

Mussa, a former Christian, converted to Islam in 2000 while working in Vienna.

He returned to Bulgaria and studied Islam in a mosque school in the southern village of Sarnitsa. His Saudi Arabian-educated tutor there, Imam Said Mutlu, was one of those who received a suspended sentence on Wednesday.

The group was accused of working with an unregistered branch of Al Waqf-Al Islami, an Islamic foundation set up in the Netherlands and funded mainly by "Salafi circles" from Saudi Arabia, the court said, referring to an ultra-conservative brand of Islam.

Bulgaria is the only European Union country where Muslims are not recent immigrants but a centuries-old community, mostly ethnic Turkish descendants of Ottoman rule that ended in 1878.

Muslims make up about 12 percent of Bulgaria's 7.3 million population. The VMRO is hoping to use the trial to gain votes in the closely fought European elections in May, analysts say.

The trial has revived memories of the 1980s when hundreds of Muslims were forced to change their names to Bulgarian ones. More than 300,000 left the country as a result of a campaign by late communist dictator Todor Zhivkov to revive mainstream Bulgarian culture.

Finally a nation takes the correct action!!!! Bravo-- :beer:
Will America learn from this???? Hell no, not with the bamscum in charge we will not..---Tyr

jafar00
03-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Well, if the guy violated hate speech laws, he deserves the punishment.

If this happened in the US, you would be all up in arms about 1st amendment rights Tyr.

Finally a nation takes the correct action!!!! Bravo-- :beer:
Will America learn from this???? Hell no, not with the bamscum in charge we will not..---Tyr

Go on. Lock us all up in concentration camps like Hitler did to the Jews.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Well, if the guy violated hate speech laws, he deserves the punishment.

If this happened in the US, you would be all up in arms about 1st amendment rights Tyr.

Go on. Lock us all up in concentration camps like Hitler did to the Jews.

What?? Thought you too condemned "radical Islam". I've never once called to lock up and gas Muslims. I have called to defend ourselves and kill all of them that are murdering innocent people.

Perhaps your blinders need a LITTLE CLEANING. Islam must abandon its agenda to enslave the entire word . It must abandon its institutionalized violence or else it will be utterly destroyed IMHO.

If this happened in the US, you would be all up in arms about 1st amendment rights Tyr. There are no 1st Amendment rights to preach murdering all those of a different religion. So answer is , no I would not be up in arms. "Radical Islam" is the definition given to "Islamic terrorists"(Jihadists) that murder to further spread Islam and its goals so why would I be upset that they were jailed. Well jailed only -yes, because the murdering scum should not be jailed --they should be executed on the spot . :laugh: --Tyr

jafar00
03-20-2014, 07:56 PM
What?? Thought you too condemned "radical Islam". I've never once called to lock up and gas Muslims. I have called to defend ourselves and kill all of them that are murdering innocent people.

Or, you could bring them to trial, then execute them if found guilty. Criminals must be dealt with justly or you become lesser than they are.

Perhaps your blinders need a LITTLE CLEANING. Islam must abandon its agenda to enslave the entire word . It must abandon its institutionalized violence or else it will be utterly destroyed IMHO.

I still don't understand this crusade you are on Tyr. What agenda to enslave the world? What institutionalised violence? Our scriptures contain none of this.

There are no 1st Amendment rights to preach murdering all those of a different religion. So answer is , no I would not be up in arms. "Radical Islam" is the definition given to "Islamic terrorists"(Jihadists) that murder to further spread Islam and its goals so why would I be upset that they were jailed. Well jailed only -yes, because the murdering scum should not be jailed --they should be executed on the spot . :laugh: --Tyr

Executed on the spot like those ISIS and Al Nusra scum do to innocent Syrians? I remember reading a story a while back about Al Nusra fighters killing a 14 year old cafe worker because they said he insulted the Prophet (saw) but really had just misunderstood a local phrase because they were not Syrians. Killing someone on the spot for insulting the Prophet (saw) is a crime. The Prophet (saw) never raised a fist in anger at anyone who merely insulted him. Remember the story about the Jewish woman who threw trash in his path every day. He (saw) responded by giving a friendly greeting every time until one day, she didn't appear as usual to throw trash at him. He (saw) was concerned about her so went to her house to ask about her. Apparently this day she was sick and on her death bed. She converted to Islam that day.

While we can emotionally say that murderers and oppressors should be shot on the spot, that is not justice. There should be a fair trial and sentence laid out by a judge. Not wild west anarchy.