PDA

View Full Version : SICK BASTARDS: Abortion Group Offers Coat Hanger Pendant for $10 Donation

Jeff
03-19-2014, 07:56 PM
This is disgusting and I have to wonder about anyone that would be proud to wear one, any person wearing one in my eyes is saying murder is OK as long as they don't shoot back, what a bunch of cowards.

Here is the ultimate expression of crass insensitivity. It is the perfect gift for the woman who not only scoffs at the sanctity of life but wears her politics on “her sleeve.” It is a coat hanger pendant, and it can be hers for a donation of $10 to the DC Abortion Fund (http://dcabortionfund.org/donate/). (That’s $10 a month, by the way: Talk about gifts that keep on giving!)Alec Torres at NRO explains that the organization, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, helps finance abortions for women in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia who can’t afford the life-ending procedure on their own.

http://clashdaily.com/2014/03/sick-bastards-abortion-group-offers-coat-hanger-pendant-10-donation/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-19-2014, 08:08 PM
This is disgusting and I have to wonder about anyone that would be proud to wear one, any person wearing one in my eyes is saying murder is OK as long as they don't shoot back, what a bunch of cowards.

http://clashdaily.com/2014/03/sick-bastards-abortion-group-offers-coat-hanger-pendant-10-donation/

I agree with you Jeff but not sure this thread should be in the lounge section. The topic usually gets too many people riled up.. ;)--Tyr

Noir
03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
How is it sick? Without this organisation some women may be all bur forced into backstreet abortions.
Would you rather a coat hanger be used for an abortion, or a symbol of a coat hanger spread the message that 'there is help'?

Abbey Marie
03-20-2014, 10:10 AM
How is it sick? Without this organisation some women may be all bur forced into backstreet abortions.
Would you rather a coat hanger be used for an abortion, or a symbol of a coat hanger spread the message that 'there is help'?

Boy, I hate it when people have guns to their heads all the way to the abortion clinic.
How about if they are "forced" to use the FREE or NEARLY FREE birth control that is offered in places like DC? A condom pendant would be more appropriate, and how cool- it can also be used in a horny emergency. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-20-2014, 10:38 AM

I'll echo Abbey's response. If they are forced into backstreet abortions, obviously they don't want the child. If responsible people, and they don't want a child, why not simply use free protection, or nearly free from your local convenience store? What I find to be "sick" are people too irresponsible to take a few moments or a few pennies, but find plenty of time to seek an abortion afterwards. Hell, even a backstreet abortion will take longer than getting free protection. Of course killing the child is the worst part of it, but for another thread. The second part is the lack of responsibility of all of these people having sex.

Noir
03-20-2014, 11:10 AM
This org was set up after a woman attending a rape crisis centre, found out she had fallen pregnant from the rape, and being unable to afford an abortion some folk got together and raised the necessary funds.
So are we in agreement that that was a good thing?

jimnyc
03-20-2014, 11:17 AM
This org was set up after a woman attending a rape crisis centre, found out she had fallen pregnant from the rape, and being unable to afford an abortion some folk got together and raised the necessary funds.
So are we in agreement that that was a good thing?

In a case of rape, I personally don't have an issue. Or if the mother will die otherwise. The rest are free to be responsible for themselves.

Noir
03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
In a case of rape, I personally don't have an issue. Or if the mother will die otherwise. The rest are free to be responsible for themselves.

And in cases were someone is responsible and their contraception fails?

jimnyc
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
And in cases were someone is responsible and their contraception fails?

Yes, there is always a chance of that happening, however small of a chance. Condoms break, pills have a very small fail ratio and even surgical fixes can fail. That's a rough call there, as obviously the participants were trying to avoid pregnancy. But when someone engages in sex, they need to be prepared for the consequences, good or bad. Admittedly I would have more sympathy for them, but would push for them to keep the child. I am still against abortion in that case. Even though they did the right thing, they were still presented with a life due to the failure of whatever product they used. The ONLY foolproof way is abstinence. I've heard people a million times claim one of their children was "an accident". That could be what you speak of, could be that they just simply thought she wouldn't get pregnant, pulled out too late... in other words, in rare cases, shit happens. One still has a responsibility, as they knew going in that it was a remote possibility, IMO.

Noir
03-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Yes, there is always a chance of that happening, however small of a chance. Condoms break, pills have a very small fail ratio and even surgical fixes can fail. That's a rough call there, as obviously the participants were trying to avoid pregnancy. But when someone engages in sex, they need to be prepared for the consequences, good or bad. Admittedly I would have more sympathy for them, but would push for them to keep the child. I am still against abortion in that case. Even though they did the right thing, they were still presented with a life due to the failure of whatever product they used. The ONLY foolproof way is abstinence. I've heard people a million times claim one of their children was "an accident". That could be what you speak of, could be that they just simply thought she wouldn't get pregnant, pulled out too late... in other words, in rare cases, shit happens. One still has a responsibility, as they knew going in that it was a remote possibility, IMO.

It's only a 'small chance' when isolated to one person, when spanned over a city its inevitable. Most condoms have at best a 3% fail-rate, spanned over a few million 'safe' sexually active citizens and the odds of unwanted pregnancies are pretty good.

Also the 'when someone does x they should know y is a possible consequence' is a curious position, as its rarely applied in other cases. Like no one is ever like 'Sure you got in a car-crash, but you got into a car, you must have known it was a possibility'

jimnyc
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
It's only a 'small chance' when isolated to one person, when spanned over a city its inevitable. Most condoms have at best a 3% fail-rate, spanned over a few million 'safe' sexually active citizens and the odds of unwanted pregnancies are pretty good.

Also the 'when someone does x they should know y is a possible consequence' is a curious position, as its rarely applied in other cases. Like no one is ever like 'Sure you got in a car-crash, but you got into a car, you must have known it was a possibility'

People get insurance as a responsibility. If they don't, or if the damage goes above what the insurance covers, that person needs to pay up for their responsibility. The exact same thing applies. If you can't handle the potential liabilities, one shouldn't be getting into a car (as in, driving without insurance). In either case, precautionary responsibility is necessary, and the drivers are aware of the potential liabilities. Unfortunately, one can't claim bankruptcy if the responsibility is more than they can afford.

Noir
03-20-2014, 01:04 PM
People get insurance as a responsibility. If they don't, or if the damage goes above what the insurance covers, that person needs to pay up for their responsibility. The exact same thing applies. If you can't handle the potential liabilities, one shouldn't be getting into a car (as in, driving without insurance). In either case, precautionary responsibility is necessary, and the drivers are aware of the potential liabilities. Unfortunately, one can't claim bankruptcy if the responsibility is more than they can afford.

But if someone had insurance, and the company found a loophole to not pay out, would you blame the driver? And to further that, would you then scoff at a charity who raised funds to help with the medical bills for people who were caught out by loopholes? (This is by no means a perfect analogy, but the 'blame/consequence' aspect is striking imo)