PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis County mother furious after being arrested for consoling son

Jeff
03-25-2014, 06:58 AM
I understand the reason the schools have rules about people coming in and out of the school but this is taking it over board, A mother gets arrested for consoling her son who has Asperger's syndrome , Yes the school called her and in her panic stricken mode she got to the school and went straight to her son and was arrested for not signing in on the way into the school ( I bet that helped the poor kid a lot :rolleyes: ) It seems someone ought to inject a little bit of common sense with there rules.

(KMOV) – A mother trying to pick her special needs son up from school winds up in handcuffs and puts the school on lockdown.The furious mother came to News 4 claiming the school handled things all wrong.
The incident took place at Walnut Groves Elementary School on Thursday when the mother came to help her son.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Mother-arrested-at-school-for-consoling-son-in-local-classroom-251349481.html

Kathianne
03-25-2014, 07:16 AM
I understand the reason the schools have rules about people coming in and out of the school but this is taking it over board, A mother gets arrested for consoling her son who has Asperger's syndrome , Yes the school called her and in her panic stricken mode she got to the school and went straight to her son and was arrested for not signing in on the way into the school ( I bet that helped the poor kid a lot :rolleyes: ) It seems someone ought to inject a little bit of common sense with there rules.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Mother-arrested-at-school-for-consoling-son-in-local-classroom-251349481.html

Since the school holds the mother's ability in high enough regard to calm her son, the principal was just over-the-top in calling the police. The police have no choice but to respond.

Actually if I were the mother, I'd be talking about the school not providing the least disruptive learning environment available, considering how they need to call the mother to calm the child down, they must not have competent staff available, nor a principal that appreciates parents that attempt to work with the school. Time for a more accommodating environment.

darin
03-25-2014, 08:56 AM
God - if that principal does not get fired something is SERIOUSLY wrong with that district. What a complete waste of an education. I'd love to see the woman sue and get MILLIONS of dollars.

jimnyc
03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
More "zero tolerance". Have we become that lazy of a society, or perhaps understaffed, and can't look at instances independently of one another? ALL crimes treated equally? If a kid pulls out a 9mm replica and makes a joke, he'll get the same punishment as a kid with a damn pop tart or using his finger? Someone walking into a school can't get his kid, because he's not in his car. Now an emotional parent will be treated like a criminal for rushing to her child with Asperger's?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Since the school holds the mother's ability in high enough regard to calm her son, the principal was just over-the-top in calling the police. The police have no choice but to respond.

Actually if I were the mother, I'd be talking about the school not providing the least disruptive learning environment available, considering how they need to call the mother to calm the child down, they must not have competent staff available, nor a principal that appreciates parents that attempt to work with the school. Time for a more accommodating environment.

Well said, got right to the heart of it too. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-25-2014, 10:31 AM
More "zero tolerance". Have we become that lazy of a society, or perhaps understaffed, and can't look at instances independently of one another? ALL crimes treated equally? If a kid pulls out a 9mm replica and makes a joke, he'll get the same punishment as a kid with a damn pop tart or using his finger? Someone walking into a school can't get his kid, because he's not in his car. Now an emotional parent will be treated like a criminal for rushing to her child with Asperger's?

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder without any means to give a well judged measured response. We see this in their Holy Grail of a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. While they completely miss that zero tolerance can only equate to total intolerance -which they go on to cry against in other issues when they can paint their opposition as having such total intolerance! --Tyr