PDA

View Full Version : Jim

Abbey Marie
03-26-2014, 01:50 PM
I didn't feel like searching for your thread about your son's new school, so I started this one.
How is it going after the first few months? Does he like it? Do you?

jimnyc
03-26-2014, 02:18 PM
It's a mixed bag, depending on how you look at it. I'd say it's a huge improvement. Academically, it couldn't be better. The feedback from every single teacher is very positive and it appears he is excelling beyond our expectations in such a short time.

He gets a "life coach" assigned to him. She's there for him to guide him, and to be a point person between teachers-student-parents. Anyway, she is very pleased with his academics and the feedback is that he can be quite engaging - IF someone engages him. And while he is nothing but friendly with those he crosses paths with, he is still isolating himself. For example, he is having small lunches and eating in a study area instead of eating in their small cafeteria they have there.

I still think it's early though. He's shy and not big on approaching others, but if they approach him he will do just fine. He will eventually do fine on his own, but it takes longer than it does for others.

The best part though is no negative feedback at all, not from teachers and not from Jordan. He doesn't feel bullied or pushed around, and this school wouldn't allow for that. And it's good to see that they are proactive about him and making friends, and having concern.

Abbey Marie
03-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Jim, have you read the book I've been pushing on you yet- about Introverts? Your son is exhibiting classic Introvert behavior. From what you are telling me, there is nothing wrong with his behavior at all. If you read the book, I know you will be convinced.

I'm glad things are going so well. I wouldn't even call it a mixed bag. :thumb:

Trinity
03-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Jim read the book! I am an introvert, and it took me until here recently to discover this....I like people, but at a distance, and I have always been that way. Only difference is it took me 43 years to figure it out. I have also figured out the reason many of the jobs and career choices I made when I was younger did not work out for me, because I don't like people, hence computer field and deal with very few people. ;)