PDA

View Full Version : Woman 'has intercourse with student,' gets no jail

Jeff
04-01-2014, 06:55 AM
This is more a question than a statement, what do y'all think this woman should of been charged with if y'all feel she should of been charged? Personally I think the 17 year old kid is probably the school hero, He Nailed the teacher ( and she don't look bad either ) I remember when I was back in HS a guy I knew hooked up with a teacher and he got instant hero status, at 17 kids know exactly what they are doing, but on the other hand even though he knew what he was doing she knew what she was doing was against the law, so what do y'all think ?

An Oklahoma high-school teacher charged with raping her 17-year-student is getting no jail time, leaving the parents of her victim stunned and outraged.Erin Kathleen Queen of Sand Springs, Okla., was arrested March 17, 2012, after she was found at the Candlewood Suites hotel in Tulsa with the teen son of Shasta and Adam Belty. Queen was a 27-year-old English teacher at Charles Page High School at the time.Although Queen was originally charged with second-degree rape and contributing to the delinquency of a minor for supplying the boy with vodka, the case was dismissed this month when Queen pleaded guilty to a different felony count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
She received three years of probation, was fined $600 and ordered to surrender her teacher’s license.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/woman-has-intercourse-with-student-and-gets/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2014, 07:20 AM
This is more a question than a statement, what do y'all think this woman should of been charged with if y'all feel she should of been charged? Personally I think the 17 year old kid is probably the school hero, He Nailed the teacher ( and she don't look bad either ) I remember when I was back in HS a guy I knew hooked up with a teacher and he got instant hero status, at 17 kids know exactly what they are doing, but on the other hand even though he knew what he was doing she knew what she was doing was against the law, so what do y'all think ?

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/woman-has-intercourse-with-student-and-gets/

She received three years of probation, was fined $600 and ordered to surrender her teacher’s license.

^^^^^^^^^ This is more than enough!!!
Here is how I view it . His age and her age make it far less of an issue . Sure its wrong legally but at 17 the boy should have enough maturity to be able to decide if he should or should not bang the teacher.

When I was 16 at my high school we had not one but three drop dead gorgeous new teachers all fresh out of college. I know for a fact that one of them that first year began banging a couple senior boys.
I know because she got caught red-handed doing so mid term that second year leaving no doubt. No charges brought they just refused to renew her contract to teach there the third year, she then left town.

I remember this well because she was the best looking one of the three and I had fantasies about her myself . You would have to if you'd seen her in those extremely short skirts she wore. I had classes with the other two teachers but not her. One of the other three was extremely flirty with the boys and kind of cold to the girls in class but their were no rumors about them acting on it .

Any of the three would have been very welcomed to teach me privately.. ;) As all three were hot!!-Tyr

fj1200
04-01-2014, 07:55 AM
This is more a question than a statement, what do y'all think this woman should of been charged with if y'all feel she should of been charged?

She abused her position and should receive whatever punishment the law calls for. Switch the sexes around and the whole argument would change and if it were a gay relationship I'm pretty sure no one would be talking about "hero" status.

And a 17-year old doesn't know what he's doing other than what goes where.

Jeff
04-01-2014, 08:04 AM
She abused her position and should receive whatever punishment the law calls for. Switch the sexes around and the whole argument would change and if it were a gay relationship I'm pretty sure no one would be talking about "hero" status.

fj it is what it is , I agree if the sexes where change there would be no hero status but the fact remains they weren't so yes among other boys his age he would be considered a hero, as for a 17 year old not knowing , my problem with that is heck the kids birthday could be in a week and then he knows everything , at 17 I think most kids know right from wrong, now them doing the right thing is something different. But I respect your stand as I stated I have mixed emotions here.

Kathianne
04-01-2014, 08:18 AM

I agree. I wrote about his arrest the day it happened, I was subbing in the school that day:

http://wheaton.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/former-wheaton-north-hs-teacher-gets-10-years-in-prison-pleads-guilty-to-sex-assault-of-student

He got 10 years, no vodka was involved either.

fj1200
04-01-2014, 08:23 AM
fj it is what it is , I agree if the sexes where change there would be no hero status but the fact remains they weren't so yes among other boys his age he would be considered a hero, as for a 17 year old not knowing , my problem with that is heck the kids birthday could be in a week and then he knows everything , at 17 I think most kids know right from wrong, now them doing the right thing is something different. But I respect your stand as I stated I have mixed emotions here.

This sort of relationship isn't even allowed in many colleges and universities.

The University of Connecticut, by a unanimous vote of the school’s board of trustees last week, has decided that from now on sexual interactions between students and professors are prohibited (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/08/uconn-bans-student-faculty-relationships_n_3728090.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp0000 0003). That’s right: No more sleeping with your students. And no more sexting, either.Wait, student-professor sex was allowed before this?
Actually, yes. The previous policy at Connecticut was to “strongly discourage” any relationship in which there was some sort of “power imbalance between the parties.” In fact, the vast majority of American colleges have no specific prohibition against relationships or sexual interactions between professors and their pupils, though many have suggested that they may not be such a good idea. In many cases, colleges prohibit relationships only in instances where the professor has “direct, supervisory authority (http://thecurrent-online.com/news/studentteacher-relationships-college-source-debate/)” over the student.
http://www.psmag.com/education/the-end-of-hot-for-teacher-professor-student-relationships-64412/

Nevertheless it's not about the age of the participants, it's about the uneven relationship between student and teacher. I'm guessing if you were to actually start flipping around the genders of those involved that would cure your mixed emotions. :poke:

fj1200
04-01-2014, 08:30 AM
I agree. I wrote about his arrest the day it happened, I was subbing in the school that day:

http://wheaton.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/former-wheaton-north-hs-teacher-gets-10-years-in-prison-pleads-guilty-to-sex-assault-of-student

He got 10 years, no vodka was involved either.

Vodka?!? :facepalm99: I didn't even read that part. I remember we had a thread regarding similar circumstances awhile back; I wish my searching skills weren't so bad.

fj1200
04-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Sure its wrong legally but at 17 the boy should have enough maturity to be able to decide if he should or should not bang the teacher.

You can't honestly believe that.

Kathianne
04-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Vodka?!? :facepalm99: I didn't even read that part. I remember we had a thread regarding similar circumstances awhile back; I wish my searching skills weren't so bad.

The female teacher was also charged with giving vodka to the student. Total pedophile behavior. This is just another case of the 'war on males' they pay a price for wrong doing, while the female is 'hot' and the boy applauded. Sorry to say, that boys as well as girls, do not do well in relationships with adults, period.

There's a name for adults that engage in such behavior, pedophiles.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2014, 09:21 AM

Bullshat.. These days probably 75% of the boys are not virgins by the time they are 17 years old. And with girls its even higher. Sex among very young boys and girls is rampant now. Even down to pre-teen age. Any boy now at 17 is almost certainly experienced.. Its not like it was in the 40/50 years ago. These days young girls drop their panties at a mere wink from a boy. I have many nieces and nephews and have heard plenty over the years. And most of it was bad too. I do not agree with the teacher doing what she did but her punishment listed was more than enough IMHO. --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2014, 09:23 AM
You can't honestly believe that.

Sure I do. At 17 I was able to do ok ..-;)-Tyr

fj1200
04-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Bullshat.. These days probably 75% of the boys are not virgins by the time they are 17 years old. And with girls its even higher. Sex among very young boys and girls is rampant now. Even down to pre-teen age. Any boy now at 17 is almost certainly experienced.. Its not like it was in the 40/50 years ago. These days young girls drop their panties at a mere wink from a boy. I have many nieces and nephews and have heard plenty over the years. And most of it was bad too. I do not agree with the teacher doing what she did but her punishment listed was more than enough IMHO. --Tyr

Tis' true, the basis of discussion here should not be "gettin' some," the basis is the uneven power relationship. As I said before if you change the genders you'll likely have a different opinion.

Sure I do. At 17 I was able to do ok ..-;)-Tyr

You said he "had the maturity." Patently false.

Kathianne
04-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Male teacher 'bangs' 'nails' a hot, sexy 17 year old, he gets a decade in jail.

Hot, sexy female bangs 17 year old boy, she gets probation and loses teaching license.

Weird, men are applauding this? Same mentality of Obama supporters getting the shaft and lovin' it! Yee haw!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2014, 10:10 AM
You said he "had the maturity." Patently false.

Wrong. I stated should have at the maturity 17! I did not say he in particular did have. Words have meanings my friend. Here is my quote that you've just misrepresented..

Sure its wrong legally but at 17 the boy should have enough maturity to be able to decide if he should or should not bang the teacher. -Tyr

Tis' true, the basis of discussion here should not be "gettin' some," the basis is the uneven power relationship. As I said before if you change the genders you'll likely have a different opinion.

^^^ Sure if it were a 17 year old girl and the teacher a guy I'd view it far , far more harshly. A double standard held against the male in a great many cases. I am no less guilty than others in being only human.. ;) -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Male teacher 'bangs' 'nails' a hot, sexy 17 year old, he gets a decade in jail.

Hot, sexy female bangs 17 year old boy, she gets probation and loses teaching license.

Weird, men are applauding this? Same mentality of Obama supporters getting the shaft and lovin' it! Yee haw!

I didnt applaud it but do think a 17 year old boy shouldn't be viewed as an innocent child.
The legal age of consent for a boy is 18 so what if this kid is a few months shy of that age?
What if he has been doing dozens of girls and thus no moral corruption took place?
What if the teacher was to be punished for her behavior minus the other charges?
Right or wrong on my part this is one case where I myself wouldn't have took a hardline stand if it were my son ! Not if I found he was an eager and wiling "victim"... Legally she should not get off free and she didn't. I just view her punishment enough with the caveat that should she engage in such activity again like that then she should get prison time.
So shoot me if that means I am a typical male macho dog as some would say.;) I just view the age of the boy to a bigger factor.. --Tyr

jimnyc
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm a hypocrite to an extent on this one too! Admittedly, especially after seeing her photo, was "lucky bastard". But yes, I admit that the other article pissed me off, a damn 40+ year old with a 16 year old. And yes, had it been a teacher in a gay relationship with a student I would be equally pissed. There's a reason that "Jim" is not in law enforcement or in the judicial system! :)

But the law needs to be enforced equally to work and to be seen as legitimate. What she did was no different than what the other teacher did, but society still treats it as less of an offense than when a man does so. But when you see one get a 10 year sentence and the other no prison, people tend to raise their eyebrows.

The justice system is not always "blind". If a piece of paper was handed to authorities of such cases, no gender and names listed, and they had to determine based on the facts - would things have turned out differently? I think so.

fj1200
04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Wrong. I stated should have at the maturity 17! I did not say he in particular did have. Words have meanings my friend. Here is my quote that you've just misrepresented..

So you're hanging your hat on "should have"??? That's ridiculous. We don't have laws, particularly with minors involved, where "should have" is the standard. Your logic states that if the kid is getting it done then 16 is OK... which means that 15 will be OK... and 14 will be OK...

^^^ Sure if it were a 17 year old girl and the teacher a guy I'd view it far , far more harshly. A double standard held against the male in a great many cases. I am no less guilty than others in being only human.. ;) -Tyr

So you admit to a double standard. Chicks develop more quickly than boys so it shouldn't be any big deal for hot HS co-ed to go around bangin' their way through the teachers pool.

The legal age of consent for a boy is 18 so what if this kid is a few months shy of that age?
What if he has been doing dozens of girls and thus no moral corruption took place?

It's not about consent or moral corruption; it's about power and influence over a minor.

But the law needs to be enforced equally to work and to be seen as legitimate.

Exactly. I'm sure I could find some instances where AG Holder has applied the law unequally... you know but that's OK, double standards ain't no big deal.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
So you're hanging your hat on "should have"??? That's ridiculous. We don't have laws, particularly with minors involved, where "should have" is the standard. Your logic states that if the kid is getting it done then 16 is OK... which means that 15 will be OK... and 14 will be OK....

Says you!
My logic merely took in the boy's advanced age and gave it a greater weight on the scale. Had I intended to go to younger ages in my post I would have but did not. It is I that almost always draw a hard and fast line amigo. Don't let you imagination run away with you. It ill serves you and shows an unfortunate disregard for the actual words given in reply to your posts.
You could have asked that and no harm but to state it as fact was in my opinion a folly.--Tyr

Abbey Marie
04-02-2014, 11:15 AM
17 is pretty old to be considered pedophilia, imo. I think our ancestors, who often married in their teens, would find it absurd. My own great-grandmother married at 14. (!)

As for the rape charge, I just find it pretty hard to understand how a 17 year old male can be forced into sex. Either by physical strength, or by the fact that men get erections if they want to have sex. At some point, he must have wanted to do it, no?

HOWEVER, throw Vodka in the mix, provided by the older person, and my thoughts about it all change dramatically. She manipulated him, and should pay the price.

Abbey Marie
04-02-2014, 11:41 AM
This sort of relationship isn't even allowed in many colleges and universities.

http://www.psmag.com/education/the-end-of-hot-for-teacher-professor-student-relationships-64412/

Nevertheless it's not about the age of the participants, it's about the uneven relationship between student and teacher. I'm guessing if you were to actually start flipping around the genders of those involved that would cure your mixed emotions. :poke:

I had a study-group friend who slept with one of our Law professors in our 1st year. She got an A/Best Paper in the course; he was happy to have another young woman in his bed. She dropped him after the grade. If anyone was "used" in that relationship, I'd have to choose the prof. So, from my experience, when you discuss sex in higher education, it's more about the unfairness to the other students than anything.

fj1200
04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Says you!
You could have asked that and no harm but to state it as fact was in my opinion a folly.--Tyr

You've created a subjective determination based on an erroneous premise. It's not about the physical maturity of someone in HS, it's about the power relationship that a teacher holds over a minor student.

I had a study-group friend who slept with one of our Law professors in our 1st year. She got an A/Best Paper in the course; he was happy to have another young woman in his bed. She dropped him after the grade. If anyone was "used" in that relationship, I'd have to choose the prof. So, from my experience, when you discuss sex in higher education, it's more about the unfairness to the other students than anything.

No argument here. That would seem to be an honor code violation.