PDA

View Full Version : Schumer (D-NY) upset: SC ruling makes IRS less intimidating to TEA Party donors

Little-Acorn
04-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Yes, he really said that. I couldn't believe it at first. But after all, these are Democrats, so I guess anything's possible.

In the middle of a major scandal (a similar-but-milder one 40 years ago almost got Nixon impeached) where conservatives are being held back and stifled from campaigning by long, drawn-out IRS inspections of their applications for 501(c)(4) status, and Democrats were swearing up and down that it wasn't happening, it's a "phony scandal", etc....

....Chuckie Schumer has popped up and announced that one of the worst things about today's Supreme Court ruling, is that now the IRS won't be able to intimidate conservatives nearly as much, by threatening to investigate them!

Sounds eerily like the shifty-eyed character who swears that he didn't rape that woman who's accusing him, he was never near her place that night, and besides, she consented!

Democrats HAVE to keep their stories straight, to present a solid defense against the people whose rights they've violated in the normal course of their campaigns. One little verbal slip, one hint of truth getting out, can spell disaster for them, as they well know.

Why do I get the feeling that Democrats will be quietly keeping their distance from poor little Chuckie Schumer for the forseeable future?

--------------------------------------

http://washingtonexaminer.com/chuck-schumer-supreme-court-ruling-makes-irs-less-of-a-deterrent-to-gop-donors/article/2546703

Charles Schumer: Supreme Court ruling makes IRS less intimidating to Tea Party donors

By Joel Gehrke | APRIL 2, 2014 AT 5:01 PM

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., argued Wednesday that the Supreme Court's latest campaign finance decision makes the threat of an IRS investigation into 501(c)(4) groups less of a deterrent to Tea Party donors.

Schumer discussed "the damage" of the McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission ruling -- in which the court ruled that individuals can donate to as many candidates as they like, as long as they respect the limits imposed on how much they can give to those candidates -- during a press briefing at the Capitol.

"Let's say you're a person who doesn't believe in undisclosed money; let's say you're a person who doesn't want to go to a 501(c)(4) because you're worried maybe there'll be an IRS investigation sometime down the road," Schumer told reporters. "You can write one check to a joint committee of 232 House members and give them each the maximum."

There are 233 Republicans in the House of Representatives.

Schumer made clear he is thinking of Tea Party donors in particular who can now feel free to donate more money to politicians.

aboutime
04-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Let me make this Perfectly clear.

CHUCK SCHUMER is a SCUMBAG politician. He's also one of the Democrats who were caught formulating the plans to Use Democratic Political Suicide Missions on Republicans.

SCUMBAGS like Schumer make SCUMBAGS look bad.

Little-Acorn
04-02-2014, 08:27 PM
the plans to Use Democratic Political Suicide Missions

What are those?

aboutime
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
What are those?

I should have been more clear. My apologies. Schumer took part in a Dem planning session several years ago, where most of them agreed on the tactics of Political Suicide toward Republicans.

And it worked during the Bush years. Every day. Democrats, and the DNC purposely created false stories about Bush, and Republicans.

But the mistake they made was...forgetting the 2010 elections that took control of the Dems away in the House.

Schumer is as much of a liar as Obama...just dumber.