PDA

View Full Version : A teaching moment in our society today!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-04-2014, 07:36 AM
When are we going to say enough is enough to this dictatorial liberal insanity called zero tolerance?
For there to be zero tolerance there must exist total intolerance. And who decides what is not to ever be tolerated?? Yes, that's the trillion dollar question isn't it? Those deciding are the same asses that came up with concept and promotion of zero tolerance policies.
Here is an example that clearly shows were it leads and its a good one .---Tyr

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/daycare-expels-3-year-old-after-she-drops-the-s-bomb-202250982.html

Daycare expels 3-year-old after she drops the s-bomb

By Will Lerner
16 hours ago
3-year-old Arianna Wright of Texas is a seriously cute kid who said a bad word at her daycare, Jubilee Child Development Center in San Antonio. Even though it appears that she didn’t know what the s-word means, the daycare banned young Arianna anyway. Her mother, Cassandra Wright, told WOAI News 4 that she thinks it’s an overreaction.

WOAI says the manner in which Arianna said the salty word was splashy, that “Arianna got on top of the tables, said the curse word, and thirteen other kids in the classroom heard it.” Cassandra told the station she doesn’t condone her daughter’s use of the word, but is surprised that instead of the private, faith-based institution using it as a teachable moment, they decided to just kick her out. The mother added, “I'm still a little bit upset, but most of all was hurt, I was devastated, really hurt.”
Alissa Blankenship, director of the Jubilee Child Development Center, said the establishment has zero tolerance for bad language, and that, “as a private center and also a parent myself you know there's decisions and choices that we have to make." Blankenship added that she didn’t think it would be an, “isolated incident” because Arianna laughed after saying the bad word. WOAI notes that the center expelled another student for a similar incident a few months ago.

Zero tolerance is a totalitarian concept. Its the foundation for blind obedience and group brainwashing. No free society can endure where it flourishes and that's exactly why its promoted by certain idiots here in our nation!--Tyr

Abbey Marie
04-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I wonder what the teacher would have said under her breath, if she had stubbed her toe on a desk.
;)

tailfins
04-05-2014, 08:52 AM
This could have happened in the 1950s just as easily as today. A church based school expels a three year old for swearing. The church is free to set their standards. There's no government action involved. I don't see what this has to do with government related zero tolerance policies. I visited that church's web page and see no evidence of liberalism.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2014, 08:55 AM
This could have happened in the 1950s just as easily as today. A church based school expels a three year old for swearing. The church is free to set their standards. There's no government action involved. I don't see what this has to do with government related zero tolerance policies. I visited that church's web page and see no evidence of liberalism.

That government public education type zero tolerance polices have spread and continue to spread ever farther.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2014, 09:27 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/artifacts-seized-fbi-makeshift-indiana-museum-192741807.html

Here Are Some of the Artifacts Seized by the FBI from a Makeshift Indiana Museum

A 91-year-old man's amateur museum was raided by FBI agents who are seeking to repatriate his remarkable trove of artifacts, including Native American items and shrunken heads. According to the Associated Press, the FBI are aiming to catalog and return the objects found at Donald Miller's home back to their countries of origin. Miller spent several decades collecting items from more than 200 countries, including Papua New Guinea, Russia, and China, displaying them at his rural Warldron, Indiana, home. Miller gave tours to local residents and played a pipe organ for visitors.

The FBI has not said yet whether Miller unknowingly “improperly collected artifacts,” like the shrunken skulls, including one with an arrow stuck in it. The laws surrounding artifact collection are complex, and Miller’s case involves looking at state, federal, and international laws. It also depends on whether the FBI considers the objects stolen or imported with a license. But Miller’s friends believe he had been collecting since he was young, or that he at least obtained the items before stringent laws relating to removing and importing objects were applied.

While the artifacts are priceless — the “cultural value of these artifacts is immeasurable,” said FBI Special Agent Robert Jones — we attempted to calculate what the potential value of their worth could be.

A 60ft, 4ft-wide anaconda snakeskin

That’s a frightening thought and an enormous snakeskin. Genuine Ostrich Hides, a company involved in the "exotic hides business" has priced one foot of anaconda skin at $275, so Miller’s hide is potentially worth about $16,500.

Civil War memorabilia

The FBI haven’t provided specifics about the memorabilia, but a $1,000 Confederate bill is currently going for $75,000 on eBay.

Fossils

The price of fossils vary, and can easily climbs into the tens of thousands of dollars. We wonder if Miller’s are anything like this pair of angry Romanian bear skeletons, a steal at $99,000 for two.

Ming Dynasty jade

Ming Dynasty artifacts from China similarly range in their value. A rare vase from the era sold for $1.3 million in 2012, rescued from its life as a Long Island door stop. At Christie's, Ming Dynasty jade fetched up to $35,000.

Native American arrowheads

Miller’s property, which contained several buildings, is constructed on Iroquois land. Native American arrowheads start at $0.99 on eBay, and larger collections command several hundred dollars.

A chunk of concrete allegedly from the bunker in which Adolf Hitler committed suicide

Priceless due to its historic rather than monetary value (if confirmed that it's actually from Hitler's bunker), Joe Runnebohm, whose plumbing business worked at Miller's house, summed it up well. "It was just like a big chunk of cement from when they demolished it or whatever," Runnebohm told the AP.

This article was originally published at http://www.thewire.com/national/2014/04/here-are-some-of-the-artifacts-seized-by-the-fbi-from-a-makeshift-indiana-museum/360206/

We have a government rotten with corruption, illegal drugs and Mexicans flowing in, gangs ruling neighborhoods and even cities, Muslims with sealed off compounds practicing with automatic weapons and explosives etc.
And Obama has the FBI raid this 91 year old man's museum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Folks, this example serves to point to a current government that is not only incompetent but also dictatorial in nature and running an agenda this is as un-American as was Nazism!!

Obama is nothing short of a traitor that simply must be arrested or else it will only get worse and I suspect most haven't a clue how much worse that can be!!

This may seem like a little thing but so is the first crack in a dam that later breaks, floods and kills thousands.

Arrest the damn traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Tyr

Gaffer
04-05-2014, 12:04 PM
History again repeats itself. Stealing art and artifacts. I wounder where all the stuff will end up? I bet there's a Goebbels or two in the administration. This stuff will end up in somebodies private collection.

aboutime
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
We need to STOP making excuses, or blaming all of this total CRAP on someone else, or others.

THIS IS WHAT AMERICA IS, AND HAS BECOME.

The UN-Educated, OVER-Educated, Ignorant. Stupid, Selfish, Arrogant, Insulted, Offended, Whining, Childish Government Dependent, Cheaters, Liars, and Law Breakers THINK..they are in charge.

Those of us who know better. NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING...and START FIGHTING BACK.

Today. They only way to FIGHT BACK for Law Abiding Americans is...In November.

And, like all of the people I listed above. We NEED to VOTE...and as they say...VOTE OFTEN.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2014, 07:39 PM
We need to STOP making excuses, or blaming all of this total CRAP on someone else, or others.

THIS IS WHAT AMERICA IS, AND HAS BECOME.

The UN-Educated, OVER-Educated, Ignorant. Stupid, Selfish, Arrogant, Insulted, Offended, Whining, Childish Government Dependent, Cheaters, Liars, and Law Breakers THINK..they are in charge.

Those of us who know better. NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING...and START FIGHTING BACK.

Today. They only way to FIGHT BACK for Law Abiding Americans is...In November.

And, like all of the people I listed above. We NEED to VOTE...and as they say...VOTE OFTEN.

Tis' not we conservatives making excuses ! It is the scum that support the filth that rules us now.
Far too damn much respect shown the traitor in charge for my tastes. When the ffing bastard should be in chains awaiting his day in court to answer for his crimes and his treason!!-Tyr

aboutime
04-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Tis' not we conservatives making excuses ! It is the scum that support the filth that rules us now.
Far too damn much respect shown the traitor in charge for my tastes. When the ffing bastard should be in chains awaiting his day in court to answer for his crimes and his treason!!-Tyr

Tyr. Never said it was. Other than an actual Revolution, or Coup. The only recourse WE NOW HAVE is Election day in November, and in 2016.

I seriously doubt my two suggestions will occur because of WHO claim's to be Conservatives in Congress today.

If we go by the CONSTITUTION we all demand should be followed. The only way is Elections.

That's the pragmatic, actual, realistic methods we need to stand behind. Otherwise. We become as bad as those Disobeying the Law, and Constitution.

DragonStryk72
04-06-2014, 06:44 AM
When are we going to say enough is enough to this dictatorial liberal insanity called zero tolerance?
For there to be zero tolerance there must exist total intolerance. And who decides what is not to ever be tolerated?? Yes, that's the trillion dollar question isn't it? Those deciding are the same asses that came up with concept and promotion of zero tolerance policies.
Here is an example that clearly shows were it leads and its a good one .---Tyr

Zero tolerance is a totalitarian concept. Its the foundation for blind obedience and group brainwashing. No free society can endure where it flourishes and that's exactly why its promoted by certain idiots here in our nation!--Tyr

Eh, sorry Tyr, Zero Tolerance is horrible, and a serious difficulty, but I'm seeing it in schools in places TX where kids meeting their parents for pick up in front of the school at the end of the day is being done like a prisoner exchange. The problem is far more widespread than just being a liberal thing.

A number of these policies didn't come into effect until late 2001-early 2002, pretty much immediately after 9/11, and at first they were "harmless", but it just kept ramping up. Admins looked at the statistics, and saw a spike in the numbers of suspensions/expulsion for this or that, and cracked down on it, raising the bar again, until basically, pretty much anything could be consider grounds for expulsion, and parents are hitting their limits.

They're sick of these idiotic restrictions, like schools where you can't have a ball any stiffer than a nerf ball, or making it so that children can't bring in lunches, because parents can't be trusted to produce "healthy" meals every day.

Experts are finally being listened to about the point that kids need to have boundaries, yes, but must also be able to test those boundaries at times to develop into well-rounded adults. Foam padding their entire world robs them of the capability to deal with the perils and pitfalls of the real world.

fj1200
04-06-2014, 01:38 PM
That government public education type zero tolerance polices have spread and continue to spread ever farther.

So even if a conservative does it it's still the fault of the libs?

fj1200
04-06-2014, 01:41 PM
And Obama has the FBI raid this 91 year old man's museum!

A. BO ordered the raid??? and 2. did he break the law?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-09-2014, 11:17 PM
A. BO ordered the raid??? and 2. did he break the law?

All good deeds bamboy gets the credit ,all bad stuff he is not involved!!! hhmmmm where have I heard that shit before a thousand plus times or more? I guess the lying bamster isn't the authority over the FBI. Just like he had no involvement in the IRS SCANDAL, Benghazi, ETC... ALWAYS AROUND TO TAKE CREDIT and try to soak in the glory(Bin Laden) BUT NEVER AROUND TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR NEGATIVE DEEDS /ACTIONS.
Seems like there is a name for that. Care to guess what it is??-Tyr

fj1200
04-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Seems like there is a name for that.

Yeah, politics. I see no answer to the questions though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Yeah, politics. I see no answer to the questions though.

Well golly. My reply only highlighted the concept--"The buck stops here>" which you effortlessly ignored. Add a little insight into reading there Hoss.
THAT WAS THE ANSWER TO BOTH QUESTIONS.
Don't make me have to :slap: you..- ;)--Tyr

fj1200
04-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Well golly. My reply only highlighted the concept--"The buck stops here>" which you effortlessly ignored. Add a little insight into reading there Hoss.
THAT WAS THE ANSWER TO BOTH QUESTIONS.
Don't make me have to :slap: you..- ;)--Tyr

Well that's a non answer to #1 and non responsive to #2.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Well that's a non answer to #1 and non responsive to #2.

Dense is a word I am unwilling to use
yet my very answer you adamantly refuse
Research the phrase -"the buck stops here"
then you may find my words quite concisely clear

No man can force me to bend to his will
my principles are mountains that eclipse the biggest hill
My thoughts do not journey the usual trail
yet often shine light upon propaganda coming directly from hell...--Tyr

fj1200
04-10-2014, 12:52 PM
^As I said, a non answer unless it's your belief that even the lowliest of Federal pot hole fillers doing an incompetent job is also the fault of BO.

The other question unrelated to BO's incompetence is whether or not the perp broke the law?

logroller
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
^As I said, a non answer unless it's your belief that even the lowliest of Federal pot hole fillers doing an incompetent job is also the fault of BO.

The other question unrelated to BO's incompetence is whether or not the perp broke the law?
He hasnt been charged and, at 91 years old, he probably won't live to see a trial after the investigation is completed, and that will likely take years. Besides, the museum mafia could have just waited for him to die and then they'd have far more easily gotten their hands on all his cultural artifacts from his estate, but I suspect that he has something else that the government doesn't want revealed. The rumor mill is that he has developed electronics related to aerospace -- which far better explains the government intrusion-- the cultural mumbo jumbo is just a ruse IMO.

fj1200
04-10-2014, 02:04 PM
^Of course he won't live, there's a shiv at Rikers with his name on it. :wink: :wink:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2014, 06:09 PM

Please show me the specs on Federal pot hole fillers first.
Then we can possibly have a conversation about it. --Tyr

aboutime
04-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Tyr. You forgot? Obama is the top Federal Pot Hole Filler.

He fills the Holes with BS, using his Shovel-Ready approach to Healthcare.

http://icansayit.com/images/shovelready.jpg In which he plans to BURY America.

DragonStryk72
04-11-2014, 03:24 AM

Except he's not trying to have a conversation about that. He's taking you to task over the questions you keep backing out of.

As to fed employees, yes that includes roadworkers, both in DC, as well as the interstates, since those fall under federal funding.

fj1200
04-11-2014, 08:29 AM

That's your cop out? I've seen better.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2014, 09:45 AM
That's your cop out? I've seen better.

No doubt about that. As you have given far better numerous times. :laugh:
I will bow to your superiority in that talent.. :slap:--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Except he's not trying to have a conversation about that. He's taking you to task over the questions you keep backing out of.

As to fed employees, yes that includes roadworkers, both in DC, as well as the interstates, since those fall under federal funding.

Questions I already answered. I will answer in my own way. I will not tailor my answer to meet the demands of those that refuse to accept my given answer. I learned long ago if you let 'em jump you thru hoops they'll work your ass to death doing it. Besides there is no requirement here that any member even answer a question asked of them unless they so choose. Some here make it an art form in evading questions. At least I answers most that are asked of me. I'll not answer in the manner demanded unless it suits me to do so. Some may call that backing out but myself I prefer to call it freedom and personal choice.. ;)
As one that is rarely ever vague about judgments/opinions/answers that I give all regular members here should know that by now... Al are free to make such requests just as I am free to honor those requests or not.. Ain't America and this forum great!!!? --Tyr

Little-Acorn
04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
This could have happened in the 1950s just as easily as today. A church based school expels a three year old for swearing.

No, they whack his knuckles HARD with a ruler. And then go back to teaching the kids.

Because they remembered, back then, that their job was to teach. And that correction of bad behavior was done only to remove an impediment to teaching.

fj1200
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
No doubt about that. As you have given far better numerous times. :laugh:
I will bow to your superiority in that talent.. :slap:--Tyr

I'd ask for an example but that usually goes for naught. :poke: