PDA

View Full Version : We are Americans

jimnyc
04-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I miss his leadership. :salute:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eVecpn3DUHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aboutime
04-05-2014, 02:24 PM
http://youtu.be/Ps7xmW-9LXQ

jimnyc
04-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I also wanted to point out - the main reason I posted this video was because of Reagan. He had a way of speaking, and he was a huge supporter of our troops, and actually seems to get choked up a bit while speaking.

And there is no disrespect meant to others. I imagine our friends from Canada, Drummond and Noir from across the pond, and Jafar in Australia, all equally think the same of their countries. As it should be, hopefully we all have pride in our countries. Reagan had a way of making you feel that pride, maybe get a tear up there, and not for who HE was, but for the way he honored those before him.

Anyway, so many of us say here that we are proud to be Americans. And yep, at times we may think we are even a step better. :) But we mean no disrespect to our friends. :beer:

aboutime
04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
I also wanted to point out - the main reason I posted this video was because of Reagan. He had a way of speaking, and he was a huge supporter of our troops, and actually seems to get choked up a bit while speaking.

And there is no disrespect meant to others. I imagine our friends from Canada, Drummond and Noir from across the pond, and Jafar in Australia, all equally think the same of their countries. As it should be, hopefully we all have pride in our countries. Reagan had a way of making you feel that pride, maybe get a tear up there, and not for who HE was, but for the way he honored those before him.

Anyway, so many of us say here that we are proud to be Americans. And yep, at times we may think we are even a step better. :) But we mean no disrespect to our friends. :beer:

Well said Jim. I really do miss Reagan. I remember the day he was shot by Hinkley. I was in San Diego, at Navy, Radioman A School, learning to Type more than 15 words a minute on a Teletype machine. Everything stopped when we heard the news.
He was building the Navy into a more than 300 ship force that CLINTON eventually destroyed.

gabosaurus
04-07-2014, 08:51 PM
:bs1:

aboutime
04-07-2014, 08:52 PM
:bs1:

Thanks gabby, but we all know your Initials. You didn't have to post them again.