PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent guess (or so-called prediction), anyone?

reedak
04-09-2014, 01:49 AM
1. Russia recently pulled off a shock victory over the so-called sole superpower and Western allies by its swift annexation of Crimea. As far back as Oct 7, 2011, in a political forum, I had "predicted" the comeback of Russia:

"'The glory that was Greece and the grandeur that was Rome.' -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comparing their past and present, it's safe to say those two great civilizations will never regain their past glory and grandeur.

The same can be said of other ancient civilizations or great empires like Egypt, Iraq, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, etc. Their glorious past has gone forever like the 'Age of Dinosaurs'.

However, it will be at the Americans' own peril to write off the Russians from the global power equation as Russia has many national requisites necessary for aggrandizement such as its enormous size, well-educated population, abundant oil and other mineral resources.

'Here lies a wounded bear. Once recuperated, he'll be back with a vengeance.' -- reedak"

http://www.politicalforum.com/warfare-military/196337-chinese-agenda-62.html

2. A few days later, on Oct 12, 2011, I elaborated on my viewpoint in the same forum:

"While many other empires and civilizations have joined the ranks of the dinosaurs, the Rooskies are far from it. That is precisely the message of my quote which is a balm to Russian pride:

'Here lies a wounded bear. Once recuperated, he'll be back with a vengeance.' – reedak"

http://www.politicalforum.com/warfare-military/196337-chinese-agenda-63.html

3. During the past few years, I had made several intelligent guesses on other political events in that forum. I shall elaborate on them later. Interested readers are welcome to share their intelligent guesses (or predictions) on the world's political events in this thread.

logroller
04-09-2014, 04:17 AM
Kudos. But I struggle to understand why you've mentioned such-- there's no call to action so... Is this merely the boasting of self-aggrandizing soothsayer?

reedak
04-09-2014, 05:34 AM
Kudos. But I struggle to understand why you've mentioned such-- there's no call to action so... Is this merely the boasting of self-aggrandizing soothsayer?

My esteemed friend, just to show you that certain things can be predicted by clear logical thinking and analysis but other things (such as the crash of MH370) can never be predicted even if you were as smart as Einstein.

For instance, whenever you are aboard a plane, you have to keep your fingers crossed for your life and thank God later after landing safely at your destination.

Talking about "calling to action", please refer to my statement in my previous post:

"...it will be at the Americans' own peril to write off the Russians from the global power equation as Russia has many national requisites necessary for aggrandizement such as its enormous size, well-educated population, abundant oil and other mineral resources."

Do I have the right to urge Obama to contain Russia in 2011? Do I have the right to urge Uncle Sam to finish off the wounded Bear at that time? (This reminds me of a Chinese saying: "When the fellow is sick, take the opportunity to finish him off.")

P.S. Instead of "struggling to understand", please keep a cool head and you will be able to think and see more clearly. :)

Australian ship detects new signals as plane hunt narrows
http://news.xin.msn.com/en/regional/australian-ship-detects-new-signals-as-plane-hunt-narrows-12

jimnyc
04-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I predicted that Obama would be a shitty president. I was 100% spot on.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I predicted in 1973 that China would emerge as a Super power rivaling the USA and quite likely surpass it in 40/50 years. 50 years would be 2023 which is 9 years from now. The trillion of dollars debt and downsizing of our military Obama now forces will likely cause that result before the 9 years are up. Back in 1973 it was laughed at by everybody I dared tell it to, my teacher ,my fellow students etc. Even my own family ,4 brothers laughed and ridiculed me, now they have had to eat crow . The other people I ignore and never say I told you so to them.

I also predicted that I'd find a damn good woman to marry someday and I eventually did, better late than never.. ;)-- :dance:-Tyr

Gaffer
04-09-2014, 10:47 AM
When russia went into Georgia I said Ukraine would be next. Belarus is not a NATO member so they are sure to be on the list. The real test will come when Putin goes after a NATO member.

reedak
04-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Seems logical.

reedak
04-09-2014, 03:19 PM
When russia went into Georgia I said Ukraine would be next. Belarus is not a NATO member so they are sure to be on the list. The real test will come when Putin goes after a NATO member.

Logical deduction.

reedak
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I predicted in 1973 that China would emerge as a Super power rivaling the USA and quite likely surpass it in 40/50 years. 50 years would be 2023 which is 9 years from now. The trillion of dollars debt and downsizing of our military Obama now forces will likely cause that result before the 9 years are up. Back in 1973 it was laughed at by everybody I dared tell it to, my teacher ,my fellow students etc. Even my own family ,4 brothers laughed and ridiculed me, now they have had to eat crow . The other people I ignore and never say I told you so to them.

I also predicted that I'd find a damn good woman to marry someday and I eventually did, better late than never.. ;)-- :dance:-Tyr

My friend, your skill in logical deduction is worthy of an expert chess player. I have to congratulate you for your second prediction as you have found a good life partner to dance "till death us do part".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Till_Death_Do_Us_Part

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-09-2014, 05:21 PM
My friend, your skill in logical deduction is worthy of an expert chess player. I have to congratulate you for your second prediction as you have found a good life partner to dance "till death us do part".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Till_Death_Do_Us_Part

China will have to go gang busters on building its Navy to get there so 9 more years may STILL be a decade too short UNLESS CHINA SPENDS A TRILLION DOLLARS ON ITS NAVY. While Obama continues to weaken our military!!

gabosaurus
04-09-2014, 08:01 PM

I predicted that Dubya would be a shitty president. I was 100% spot on.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-09-2014, 09:05 PM

I predict that Obama will out crap them all combined...--Tyr

aboutime
04-09-2014, 09:07 PM

gabby. Bush must have known you personally because he imitated, copied, and emulated you so well.

reedak
04-11-2014, 01:56 AM
China will have to go gang busters on building its Navy to get there so 9 more years may STILL be a decade too short UNLESS CHINA SPENDS A TRILLION DOLLARS ON ITS NAVY. While Obama continues to weaken our military!!

Well said. Good deduction.

I think three aircraft carriers are more than enough for China for the following goals:

1. Status symbol
2. Building up a pool of skilled labour force for its shipbuilding industry.
3. Providing some jobs for its people.

P.S. SPENDING A TRILLION DOLLARS ON ITS NAVY WOULD MAKE CHINA "THE BIGGEST FOOL", FALLING INTO THE TRAP OF OUR CRAFTY ADVISER, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot. :)

reedak
04-11-2014, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE]]

I predict that Obama will out crap them all combined...--Tyr

Seems logical.

In Light of the Russian Annexation of Crimea, History Will be the Final Arbiter!