PDA

View Full Version : John Fund: Radical Gays Persecuted Mozilla's Ex-CEO

jimnyc
04-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Disagree and/or donate to a political cause - and now you are a hater, intolerant and should obviously lose your job!

Brendan Eich, forced out as CEO of Mozilla after an uproar over his support for California's Proposition 8, which would have outlawed gay marriage in the state, is a victim of radical gay activists turned "persecutors," National Review Online columnist John Fund says.

"I don't think most gays are like this, I think most gays are appalled or at least neutral on what happened," Fund, the Review's national affairs writer, told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"For a few activists, just because some people were persecuted in the past, to turn into persecutors themselves, what a sad, sad commentary on political tolerance and decency and civility, which supposedly we all want," he said Tuesday.

Last week, Eich, cofounder of the tech giant, resigned under pressure after it was revealed he made a $1,000 contribution in support of the Golden State's proposed ban on gay marriage.

"Mr. Eich, if he wanted to make a legal case of this, actually has a decent argument," Fund said.

"California labor code makes it illegal to fire [an] employee because he has donated money to a political campaign."

Fund says Eich's ouster was a case of "overreach" and the majority of gays don't support it.

"When people like Andrew Sullivan, who is the most prominent gay writer in America, calls this a lynch mob, I think there's a realization,'' Fund said.

"I grew up in San Francisco, I can remember when gays were discriminated against, I can remember when gays lost their jobs unfairly because people just didn't like them. It's simple human decency, regardless of what the law says, that kind of behavior is atrocious.

"So, it's very sad – and I don't think most gays are like this."

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/BrendanEich-JohnFund-gay-marriage/2014/04/08/id/564372/

fj1200
04-09-2014, 01:54 PM
^Whoever suggests that gays need non-discrimination legislation should just take a look at stories like these.