PDA

View Full Version : Syria: embarassment in Turkey after Us journalist revelations

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-09-2014, 09:53 PM
http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/politics/2014/04/09/syriaembarassment-in-turkey-after-us-journalist-revelations_037bc1a0-3534-4739-8aa2-5d2c70004caf.html

Syria: embarassment in Turkey after Us journalist revelations

Investigative piece by Hersh, 2013 massacre to spur US attack

(ANSAmed) - ANKARA - A recently published reconstruction of the August 21, 2013, chemical attack blamed on Syrian regime forces has sparked heated debate in the US and Western nations. According to alleged intelligence revelations, rebel forces assisted by the Turkish government were the ones to use sarin gas on a Damascus suburb to provoke a US attack on Syria. The journalist to make the claim was the Pulitzer-prize winning Seymour Hersh, and his investigative piece was reported on in Turkish media on Wednesday. Hersh's reconstruction - which caused both Ankara and Washington to issue immediate denials - is based on revelations made by an unnamed US secret agent. Hersh (who won a Pulitzer in 1970 for a reportage on the 1968 My Lai massacre in Vietnam by US troops) claims that the August 2013 attack was a trap orchestrated by Turkish intelligence to convince US president Barack Obama to order an attack on Damascus.

The US president had repeatedly referred to the use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime as a 'red line' beyond which military force would be used. Despite Damascus's denial of involvement and its placing of the blame (with the support of Russia and Iran) on rebel forces, Hersh said that the US president gave the Pentagon orders to ready an attack by September 2. Two days before, however, a report by the British secret services - Hersh wrote - showed the Americans that the deadly sarin gas used in Damascus was not of the same kind as that in the regime arsenal. Thus, on August 31, Obama began cautiously backing away from any potential use of military force and said that Congress would be deciding on the matter (it subsequently voted against it). The White House then initiated a chemical disarmament program for Syria with Russian involvement and no military action was taken. The unnamed former US secret agent said that military intelligence had learned that the sarin gas had got into rebel hands from Turkey, and that Ankara had provided training in the use of chemical weapons. Erdogan, who at the beginning of the Syrian conflict broke off ties with his former ally Assad and backed the mostly Sunni rebel fighters, has been accused by the Turkish opposition of backing jihadist groups with links to Al-Qaeda. In late March, a recording appeared on YouTube of an alleged secret meeting of Turkish leaders discussing possible military intervention in Syria. In the meeting, secret services chief Hakan Fidan, who has links to Erdogan, said that he was prepared to send his men to Syria to launch missiles at Turkish territory to justify an attack by the Turkish army. (ANSAmed).

Just like I stated from the start-- A false flag attack designed to give Obama a reason and justification to act in support of his murdering Muslim brother terrorists there in Syria.--Tyr

NightTrain
04-09-2014, 10:48 PM
I have to admit, Tyr, I'd never even heard of ANSAmed before and I was skeptical, so I researched them. ANSAmed is a new branch for the EU run by ANSA, but ANSA has been around since 1945 and is based in Italy. Skimmed a bunch of their stories and they appear to be more objective than America news outfits... I was surprised. ANSA's officer names reads like a Mob sit-down.

Shows how often I read Italian news or travel there.

It is an interesting story, especially with the Turks planning their own False Flag operation so they could jump in and play.

That being said, I just don't buy Hersh's claim that an unnamed, secret US agent gave him all this info. It is pretty detailed, but anytime someone breaks a big story like this backed by a Super Secret Mystery Phantom it makes me gun shy.

Maybe after this story runs the course, someone else with a better leg to stand on will come forward.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I have to admit, Tyr, I'd never even heard of ANSAmed before and I was skeptical, so I researched them. ANSAmed is a new branch for the EU run by ANSA, but ANSA has been around since 1945 and is based in Italy. Skimmed a bunch of their stories and they appear to be more objective than America news outfits... I was surprised. ANSA's officer names reads like a Mob sit-down.

Shows how often I read Italian news or travel there.

It is an interesting story, especially with the Turks planning their own False Flag operation so they could jump in and play.

That being said, I just don't buy Hersh's claim that an unnamed, secret US agent gave him all this info. It is pretty detailed, but anytime someone breaks a big story like this backed by a Super Secret Mystery Phantom it makes me gun shy.

Maybe after this story runs the course, someone else with a better leg to stand on will come forward.

Sure caution is a good thing often. However Hersh just giving that blanket answer/name could be him just protecting his source. It being pretty detailed points toward it being more likely a true accounting. As you say we can not know for a 100% yet and may never be able to be that certain.
I judged it a false flag attack as soon as I saw it was an attack upon primarily civilians and made no real military advantage. Why murder a few civilians and give the world at large and Obama a justification to send in our military to do air strikes or even send in troops. Assad is not a dumbass, all the advantages from the chem attack went to the murdering muslim rebel opposition. If it looks like a duck , walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a damn duck..;) I tend to go with that. Obama came right out and blamed Assad immediately without any proof , typical and I'd bet my life he was in on it being done in some way. --Tyr