PDA

View Full Version : Lerner in contempt of Congress

namvet
04-10-2014, 12:43 PM
House committee voted Thursday to hold Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress, as Republicans escalated their bid to "get to the bottom" of the former IRS official's role in the political targeting scandal.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted 21-12 to hold Lerner in contempt. The party-line vote followed hours of heated debate on the committee

fox (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/10/house-panel-to-hold-contempt-vote-on-ex-irs-official-lerner/)

as defined by cornell law

Contempt of Congress is defined in statute, 2 U.S.C.A. § 192, enacted in 1938, which states that any person who is summoned before Congress who "willfully makes default, or who, having appeared, refuses to answer any question pertinent to the question under inquiry" shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.

NightTrain
04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
I hope she gets tossed in jail until she cooperates.... but I don't think that'll happen. Too many Democrats will be charged in the ensuing scandal if she opens her mouth, so they'll cover for her.

Especially Representative Cummings, who is in hot water over lying about communicating with Lerner about the scandal before it blew up. It sounds like he was actually directing her efforts to blacklist groups.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

aboutime
04-10-2014, 01:49 PM
First...they have to convince HOLDER to arrest her. We all know that isn't gonna happen UNLESS Holder is impeached, and removed from the A.G. position. And Obam-da-liar ain't gonna do it.

A reminder. The American people...in general, who are unlike most of us here, who have no idea what is taking place as the UNINFORMED voters who put Obama into office. Do not care, and will never admit they DIDN'T vote for Obama...fearing their equally uninformed friends will accuse them of being RACISTS too!

Our only hope....as Obama followers would say is....'CHANGING THE MAJORITY IN THE SENATE'. Also, not something a large percentage of Americans know about, or even care about.
IGNORANCE REALLY IS BLISS...AS LONG AS THE CHECK COMES IN EVERY MONTH.

namvet
04-10-2014, 02:02 PM
the plot thickens

House Republicans won't rule out arresting Lois Lerner if Justice Department doesn't

link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/09/house-republicans-wont-rule-out-arresting-lois-lerner-if-justice-department/)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2014, 05:40 PM
the plot thickens

House Republicans won't rule out arresting Lois Lerner if Justice Department doesn't

link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/09/house-republicans-wont-rule-out-arresting-lois-lerner-if-justice-department/)

Nothing matters unless they prosecute the witch to the fullest extent of the law!! Anything less would be a great miscarriage of justice. Id bet a 20 spot against a half dollar that nothing serious happens to the lying corrupted piece of shit...-Tyr

aboutime
04-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Nothing matters unless they prosecute the witch to the fullest extent of the law!! Anything less would be a great miscarriage of justice. Id bet a 20 spot against a half dollar that nothing serious happens to the lying corrupted piece of shit...-Tyr

How will anyone in Congress convince the CROOK Holder to indict, or arrest her when HE is the reason she took the 5th in the first place?

This is all a huge case of the FOX guarding the Hen House, inside, and out.

HOLDER, and OBAMA have convinced the other CROOKS in Congress they can all BE ABOVE the law if there is nobody willing to Obey, or Administer the Laws they ignore, and disagree with.

That seems to be the way the rest of this CROOKED BY DESIGN society is working.
If the SO-CALLED LEADERS in CONGRESS, the WHITE HOUSE, and JUSTICE DEPARTMENTS uniformly BREAK LAWS.

WHY shouldn't everybody else?

It's called ANARCHY.

NightTrain
04-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Don't fret.

Justice will be served when the Republicans take the Senate this year. Everything the Republicans are doing to try and get this corruption uncovered is being stonewalled, but the American public are paying attention and the Libs are going to get their asses handed to them.

And there should be quite a few that get tossed into jail for all the bullshit they've been running, especially Holder. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama impeached.

Everyone is fed up, at least everyone I talk to. Even the Libs I know are appalled that the Rosy Future plunged into a Dreadful Nightmare.

Next time you talk to a Liberal, ask them about that whole "Transparency" thing Obama lied about - I actually had one cringe when I asked it.

jimnyc
04-12-2014, 10:22 AM
She probably got a nice severance, and this is one way of making her "disappear" and no longer testify.