PDA

View Full Version : Steelie

jimnyc
04-14-2014, 09:47 AM
A new little gadget I got that is a holder for your cell phone in a vehicle. This one is magnetic, but fully safe for electronics. I just used my cup holder in my truck as all of the other cheesy holders I have bought in the past sucked. This one will allow me to place it right on the dash next to my GPS. Much more sturdy too, so I can punch the buttons and interact much easier. They make it for the Ipad too, although not sure where you would need it.

http://i.imgur.com/3ylnujp.jpg

NightTrain
04-14-2014, 01:37 PM
I might look into one of those for the GPS I'm going to install in the new boat. I need something like that so the GPS can be quickly removed when I'm not using it - it would suck to have it stolen.

Jeff
04-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Jim I am looking for something to hold my phone on the bike (Pandora works great but I need the phone where it will get signal ) although it will be behind the fairing there is a certain amount of wind that will hit it, is it strong enough do ya think?

jimnyc
04-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Jim I am looking for something to hold my phone on the bike (Pandora works great but I need the phone where it will get signal ) although it will be behind the fairing there is a certain amount of wind that will hit it, is it strong enough do ya think?

I'll have a better idea in a few days after I abuse it... But I would say yes as of now. The magnet is pretty damn strong!