PDA

View Full Version : Jordan's progress report

jimnyc
04-14-2014, 11:20 AM
He had on and off again issues with some bullying at his regular school. I'm happy to report that it's 100% in the past and not a single issue at his new school. He hovered between 65-75 in his Chinese class there, even though he loved the language, and insisted on taking it again at his new private school. He got some A's before, mostly B's... This is his latest report, and I'm happily bragging about the change!!

Algebra I Hafer, K. 88 B+
Athletics MS Braun, M. 100 A+
Computer Programming Muffatti, S. 100 A+
Elementary Mandarin A Curran , H. 92 A-
English 9 Welch, S. 91 A-
History 8: U.S. History Honors DeLeo, S. 98 A+
Middle School Group Tables, A. 98 A+
Science 8 Henderson, J. 98 A+
Woodworking & Architecture Terry, J. 93 A

tailfins
04-14-2014, 11:22 AM
What grade is he in?

jimnyc
04-14-2014, 11:28 AM
What grade is he in?

He is nearing the end of 8th grade, so these grades won't count much in the long run. But if this is a peek into his next 4 years of high school.... I hope it continues, and I think it will. He performs better in smaller environments, and of course the individual attention (or close to it) certainly doesn't hurt.

Abbey Marie
04-14-2014, 11:51 AM
He had on and off again issues with some bullying at his regular school. I'm happy to report that it's 100% in the past and not a single issue at his new school. He hovered between 65-75 in his Chinese class there, even though he loved the language, and insisted on taking it again at his new private school. He got some A's before, mostly B's... This is his latest report, and I'm happily bragging about the change!!

Algebra I Hafer, K. 88 B+
Athletics MS Braun, M. 100 A+
Computer Programming Muffatti, S. 100 A+
Elementary Mandarin A Curran , H. 92 A-
English 9 Welch, S. 91 A-
History 8: U.S. History Honors DeLeo, S. 98 A+
Middle School Group Tables, A. 98 A+
Science 8 Henderson, J. 98 A+
Woodworking & Architecture Terry, J. 93 A

Outstanding! :clap:

tailfins
04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
He is nearing the end of 8th grade, so these grades won't count much in the long run. But if this is a peek into his next 4 years of high school.... I hope it continues, and I think it will. He performs better in smaller environments, and of course the individual attention (or close to it) certainly doesn't hurt.

That's great. He is escaping Communist Core that pushes Algebra up to 9th grade.

aboutime
04-14-2014, 02:33 PM
GREAT NEWS JIM. :clap: Shows the value of being a great parent really does pay off.

Hope he enjoys, and understands how he is headed in the right direction...despite all of the previous drawbacks, and hurdles.

:thumb:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Great to see your son on the right path Jim. Keep him challenged and he'll be alright. Looks like the storm has passed and fair weather ahead! :beer:--Tyr

Kathianne
04-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Looks like it was the right move, at the right time. Hopefully he's old enough to recognize a second chance and take full advantage of all that's available to him. Great job finding the right place!