PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa the Babysitter

Gunny
04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
And the 20 months old just discovered mama is gone.:uhoh:

Gunny
04-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Was touch and go there for awhile but grandpa's secret family pizza recipe (aka Pappa John's :) ) seemed to do the trick.:laugh:

Gaffer
04-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Even a toddler can be bought with pizza.

Gunny
04-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Even a toddler can be bought with pizza.

Well, that and Yo Gabba Gabba on the tube. Toddler Heaven. :)

Kathianne
04-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Too funny! Brought to his knees by a not-yet-two-year old! LOL!

Reminds me of the first time her godparents watched my 10 month old. The father and I went out to dinner for perhaps 2 hours calling only once, being told, "Everything was fine! Got to go!"

As we walked up to the front door, it opened and her godfather thrust the screaming child into my arms. He was nearly crying himself. Kendall of course stopped immediately and put her arms out to her godfather to take her back! LOL!

She'd started crying as soon as we left. Nothing they tried would get her to stop, not even funny faces. Of course, once I was there, she thought her Uncle Gregg was hilarious.

Needless to say, it took awhile for them to offer again. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-14-2014, 10:23 PM
And the 20 months old just discovered mama is gone.:uhoh:

First time my daughter KK left Caleb here for me to babysit it went well. So well for about 45 minutes then he discovered Mom was long gone. That boy cried for over two hours nonstop. He was severely attached to his Mom. She was about thirty minutes away in Memphis. I held out as long as I could but finally called her. Caleb had finally woke my son Justin up from his nap , he was sick and they both were crying. My daughter rushed back pick up my grandson and about 2 seconds after they went out of the house Justin stopped crying and acted as if nothing had happened.
My wife came home about ten minutes later asking me how it went watching both kids.
I told her like peaches and cream. :laugh:
She found out next day how it really went and laughed her ass off. -Tyr

Gunny
04-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Too funny! Brought to his knees by a not-yet-two-year old! LOL!

Reminds me of the first time her godparents watched my 10 month old. The father and I went out to dinner for perhaps 2 hours calling only once, being told, "Everything was fine! Got to go!"

As we walked up to the front door, it opened and her godfather thrust the screaming child into my arms. He was nearly crying himself. Kendall of course stopped immediately and put her arms out to her godfather to take her back! LOL!

She'd started crying as soon as we left. Nothing they tried would get her to stop, not even funny faces. Of course, once I was there, she thought her Uncle Gregg was hilarious.

Needless to say, it took awhile for them to offer again. ;)

The oldest was fine. I used to babysit her regularly before I moved away. The toddler had not been left alone with me before. She settled down, then wouldn't let me out of her sight. They behaved fine. Until the parents came home. Then they went nuts.

I adjusted my halo and pointed out they sure didn't act like that for me. :)

jimnyc
04-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Pizza works 99% of the time, but if that 1% hits you in the future, get McDonald's french fries! Kids are like pigeons when it comes to fries and will eat them till they explode! When Jordan was like 2-3, and would be a crying mess, I used to swing by Mickey D's and hand off about 10 french fries to him. He would eat them and fall asleep.

Gunny
04-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Pizza works 99% of the time, but if that 1% hits you in the future, get McDonald's french fries! Kids are like pigeons when it comes to fries and will eat them till they explode! When Jordan was like 2-3, and would be a crying mess, I used to swing by Mickey D's and hand off about 10 french fries to him. He would eat them and fall asleep.

Yeah, I was thinking more like sharing a librium between the two of them.:laugh:

jimnyc
04-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I was thinking more like sharing a librium between the two of them.:laugh:

When the little ones start to drive you bananas, just remember, that down the road you will be wishing you could be at that moment to do it again, even if it sucks. ('cept for the diaper changing)

Gunny
04-15-2014, 08:39 AM
When the little ones start to drive you bananas, just remember, that down the road you will be wishing you could be at that moment to do it again, even if it sucks. ('cept for the diaper changing)

They're okay. They mind me better than their parents. :laugh:

Gunny
08-21-2014, 01:23 PM
So my last little foray you can see in my profile pic. I actually managed to get both girls to swim. Their dad -- weak little chump that he is -- was just like "I couldn't get them to do that for me."

Too bad, huh? :laugh:

Redrose
08-21-2014, 03:23 PM
We have 11 grandkids and one great-granddaughter (she's one today)

When we had just four, we took them to DisneyWorld for the day. They were 7, 5, 3 and 2. The two year old was strapped in the stroller, which was heavily loaded with diaper bags. We were in line for the train and noticed I was pushing an empty stroller. The toddler had climbed out and was heading for the turnstile. Grandpa grabbed him quickly. We never told mom and we never took more than two at a time to Disney after that.