PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of Europe

CSM
04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
Back from my personal two week invasion of Europe. Took a river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland (Rhine River cruise). Spent a few extra days in Amsterdam, Basel, Lucerne, and Zurich.
Made it through seven countries total. Best part of the trip was standing where Audie Murphy earned his Medal of Honor (you young'uns can google him) and the battlefield tour of the Colmar Pocket (second "battle of the Bulge"). Lots of castles, wineries and churches. I guess in the old days it was drink, fight and then ask for forgiveness!

jimnyc
04-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Back from my personal two week invasion of Europe. Took a river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland (Rhine River cruise). Spent a few extra days in Amsterdam, Basel, Lucerne, and Zurich.
Made it through seven countries total. Best part of the trip was standing where Audie Murphy earned his Medal of Honor (you young'uns can google him) and the battlefield tour of the Colmar Pocket (second "battle of the Bulge"). Lots of castles, wineries and churches. I guess in the old days it was drink, fight and then ask for forgiveness!

Hang out at the pot bars in Amsterdam, or hit up the red light district? :dunno: I know I would have! :beer:

CSM
04-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Hang out at the pot bars in Amsterdam, or hit up the red light district? :dunno: I know I would have! :beer:

Walked thru the red light district but stayed out of the pot bars (doesn't work well with security clearances and such). The wife unit stayed out of the redlight district .... that's all I'm gonna say about that!