PDA

View Full Version : US Postal Service Joins in Federal Ammo Purchases

Jeff
04-15-2014, 07:31 AM
It certainly makes ya wonder what the government has planned that they are buying all these rounds, and yes agencies that will never use ammo ( or never have ) are now needing millions of rounds, makes me wonder exactly what is being planned. I had one Liberal tell me a year ago that they where buying so many rounds because they where on sale :laugh: yes Libs will try anything to protect those in charge, but seriously what the heck does the post office need ammo for ? Maybe they are just trying to help out those that want to go Postal :laugh:

Add the U.S. Postal Service to the list of federal agencies seeking to purchase what some Second Amendment activists say are alarmingly large quantities of ammunition.

Earlier this year, the USPS posted a notice on its website, under the heading "Assorted Small Arms Ammunition," that says: "The United States Postal Service intends to solicit proposals for assorted small arms ammunition. If your organization wishes to participate, you must pre-register. This message is only a notification of our intent to solicit proposals."

Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Washington-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said: "We're seeing a highly unusual amount of ammunition being bought by the federal agencies over a fairly short period of time. To be honest, I don't understand why the federal government is buying so much at this time."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/USPS-ammo-purchase-federal/2014/04/14/id/565541/

Gaffer
04-15-2014, 07:42 AM
The post office is in debt up to it's eyebrows, can't continue Saturday delivery service, but can buy tons of ammo?

Maybe they are planning to sell bullets on the side to make a little profit.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Its a strategy of the undeclared war they(the government) are waging.

Its a very old and well known tactic== Deny the enemy the resources and supplies it needs to survive. That being AMMO!!
The government plans on buying up the supply. Think not go into say a WalMart and look at the ammo shelf. I did that over the weekend. Damn thing was almost bare.

Very likely before the end of the bambastard's term(if it does end) he will issue an E.O. all ammunition must be turned in to the government. A little trick they are likely to try since it does not demand gun confiscation but rather would limit how long any opposition could hold out if a fight started. Most of Custer's men were killed with them having guns but no ammo.. They stayed alive until their ammo ran out...-Tyr

NightTrain
04-16-2014, 04:03 PM
The USPS was hemorrhaging $25 million per day in 2013 according to the Postmaster General.

Besides the fact that I've never even heard of an armed Postal Worker, (other than the nutty ones going... emm... postal) with an entity like this losing money at an appalling rate already, why on earth does it need to buy ammo?

Obviously there is a federal directive to buy as much ammo as it can, using different agencies to procure it to stay somewhat under the radar which is nearly impossible with the staggering amount of ammo being bought & stockpiled.

I don't usually subscribe to conspiracy theories but there's something afoot. I'm sure there's a reason that the ammo wasn't simply purchased by DoD and stockpiled for the agencies it's intended for to avoid public scrutiny, but I can't think of one.

There's been an ammo shortage nationwide since Obama took office. DHS was blamed for the first few years and I understand that those people do indeed use it - certainly not on the scale of what they've bought, but they do use it.

The USPS does not use it.

fj1200
04-16-2014, 04:37 PM
The USPS was hemorrhaging $25 million per day in 2013 according to the Postmaster General.

Besides the fact that I've never even heard of an armed Postal Worker, (other than the nutty ones going... emm... postal) with an entity like this losing money at an appalling rate already, why on earth does it need to buy ammo?

United States Postal Inspection Service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Inspection_Service)
An agency with approximately 4,000 employees, 1,200 criminal investigators, an armed uniformed division with 1,000 personnel, forensic laboratories and a communications system, and with 1,000 technical and administrative support personnel, the USPIS leads and assists in numerous joint federal and state investigations.

How much ammo they need??? :dunno:

NightTrain
04-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Think not go into say a WalMart and look at the ammo shelf. I did that over the weekend. Damn thing was almost bare.

It's the same here in Alaska.

The company I work for bounces us all over AK doing different projects. One of the benefits to this is that in remote communities there is still a reasonable supply (naturally more expensive because you're off the beaten path), but still available.

Last Summer, my crew was dispatched to Yakutat and Cordova, among other places. Our 6-man crew cleaned them out. A co-worker of mine has a really nice, tricked out AR-15 and he'd been trying to get ammo for it for over a year with almost no luck. Walmart or Fred Meyer's or Sportsman's Warehouse were always sold out - they'd get a few boxes in but they were sold out in minutes. He has ammo now, but that .223 is hard to come by.

Out in the boonies there is ammo to be had, only because they've been sitting on it for a long time with no local demand. .223 isn't very popular for hunting even though it's fast & accurate, but it's light for bear or moose. Most people prefer .30 caliber and up.

My Dad (God Rest His Soul) always hunted moose with his Ruger .243 and I saw him make amazing shots with that, 99% of those shots were 1-shot kills from amazing distances. I had 20/10 vision before I hit 30, and half the time I couldn't see anything more than a dubious speck where he took his shot. He'd crank up the scope to 9, do his thing, and then he'd look at me and tell me where that bullet hit - "3 inches behind the ear, Ricky!". The first few times I wisely kept my doubts to myself, but the Old Man was always completely accurate when he told me where he'd just shot that speck in the distance and I quickly became a believer in his ability. Not once was he wrong... he was a natural and the U.S. Army had already decided he was sniper quality way before I came along.

I guess I should mention that Dad harvested 100% of those moose illegally - it was definitely not Moose Hunting Season in the dead of Winter in Talkeetna but his argument was that "There isn't a judge in America that would convict me for feeding my family!". Knowing what I know now, I'm pretty sure that he would have been hammered, and hard, if we'd have ever been caught. There's lots of small planes that buzz around AK and a big red stain in the middle of a frozen snow-covered river kind of catches the eye... but we never did get nabbed, somehow.

Anyway, I digress. I blame the painkillers.

NightTrain
04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
United States Postal Inspection Service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Inspection_Service)

How much ammo they need??? :dunno:

Wow, nice job, FJ.

I stand corrected... I guess I should stop being lazy and google things before I spout off. I was so sure of that statement I made that I didn't bother fact-checking myself. My apologies.

An agency with approximately 4,000 employees, 1,200 criminal investigators, an armed uniformed division with 1,000 personnel, forensic laboratories and a communications system, and with 1,000 technical and administrative support personnel, the USPIS leads and assists in numerous joint federal and state investigations.

You're right, though. How much ammo do they need? More importantly, how much do they intend to buy?
So there's 1,000 USPS employees that are armed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
It's the same here in Alaska.

The company I work for bounces us all over AK doing different projects. One of the benefits to this is that in remote communities there is still a reasonable supply (naturally more expensive because you're off the beaten path), but still available.

Last Summer, my crew was dispatched to Yakutat and Cordova, among other places. Our 6-man crew cleaned them out. A co-worker of mine has a really nice, tricked out AR-15 and he'd been trying to get ammo for it for over a year with almost no luck. Walmart or Fred Meyer's or Sportsman's Warehouse were always sold out - they'd get a few boxes in but they were sold out in minutes. He has ammo now, but that .223 is hard to come by.

Out in the boonies there is ammo to be had, only because they've been sitting on it for a long time with no local demand. .223 isn't very popular for hunting even though it's fast & accurate, but it's light for bear or moose. Most people prefer .30 caliber and up.

My Dad (God Rest His Soul) always hunted moose with his Ruger .243 and I saw him make amazing shots with that, 99% of those shots were 1-shot kills from amazing distances. I had 20/10 vision before I hit 30, and half the time I couldn't see anything more than a dubious speck where he took his shot. He'd crank up the scope to 9, do his thing, and then he'd look at me and tell me where that bullet hit - "3 inches behind the ear, Ricky!". The first few times I wisely kept my doubts to myself, but the Old Man was always completely accurate when he told me where he'd just shot that speck in the distance and I quickly became a believer in his ability. Not once was he wrong... he was a natural and the U.S. Army had already decided he was sniper quality way before I came along.

I guess I should mention that Dad harvested 100% of those moose illegally - it was definitely not Moose Hunting Season in the dead of Winter in Talkeetna but his argument was that "There isn't a judge in America that would convict me for feeding my family!". Knowing what I know now, I'm pretty sure that he would have been hammered, and hard, if we'd have ever been caught. There's lots of small planes that buzz around AK and a big red stain in the middle of a frozen snow-covered river kind of catches the eye... but we never did get nabbed, somehow.

Anyway, I digress. I blame the painkillers.

Amen.... And people wonder why some of us stockpiled ammo. Without ammo your gun is just a useless club and not even a good one at that.. Feds know that.. They limiting ammo is a sure sign they plan on facing armed rebellion at some point in the future and we should be considering what they plan on doing to us that they know will force that fighting!! -Tyr.

hjmick
04-16-2014, 06:24 PM
The question I've been asking myself since I first started hearing about these bulk purchases, and it is brought up in the article... Why the fuck do all these agencies have their own armed, investigative/police forces?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-16-2014, 09:27 PM
The question I've been asking myself since I first started hearing about these bulk purchases, and it is brought up in the article... Why the fuck do all these agencies have their own armed, investigative/police forces?

The answer is the Federal government now views us as it's servants. And often servants must BE FORCED to obey royal decrees they reject.. Decrees free men that support our Constitution will always reject .

We are now in the soon to be = SHTF STAGE .. The Feds just plan on being the ones that start the war when they are ready-(strong) and the people are not.. I truly think that the only thing holding them back now is that Americans are armed to the teeth. At least the Americans they want too silence then enslave are so armed! The other sheeple they aren't concerned with as its mostly dem enslaved ignorant bought -out blacks(vote 93% dem), liberals, leftists and other assorted groups of utter fools!--Tyr

fj1200
04-17-2014, 07:30 AM

Different agencies have different missions.

The answer is the Federal government now views us as it's servants.

That explains why it's been that way for decades I suppose. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-17-2014, 08:44 AM
That explains why it's been that way for decades I suppose. :rolleyes:

No, that explains that dems and their ignorant supporters have been that way for decades and birthed laws/policies that take us ever farther away from being a Representative Republic based upon our Constitution.. It also points to Obama pushing it to a breaking point. At the going rate before Obama it would have taken another 60 years to get to where that maggot has brought us in just 6 years! Yet you do not see any of this.

Say , how does it feel to be that blind?? -Tyr

fj1200
04-17-2014, 01:21 PM
No, that explains that dems and their ignorant supporters have been that way for decades and birthed laws/policies that take us ever farther away from being a Representative Republic based upon our Constitution.. It also points to Obama pushing it to a breaking point. At the going rate before Obama it would have taken another 60 years to get to where that maggot has brought us in just 6 years! Yet you do not see any of this.

Say , how does it feel to be that blind?? -Tyr

Uh, yeah... :rolleyes: Better than blind with rage I suppose.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Uh, yeah... :rolleyes: Better than blind with rage I suppose.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Righteous anger often precedes the ass kicking .... -- :laugh:-Tyr

fj1200
04-25-2014, 08:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2014, 09:54 AM
:rolleyes:

;)