PDA

View Full Version : Westboro targeting Anchorage

NightTrain
04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
So the Westboro shitheads are heading up to Alaska to piss off everyone they can. They're intending to picket the AK Native Heritage Center off Muldoon, apparently to teach Natives (who are already mostly Catholic or Episcopal, btw) that worshiping idols is bad. I can only assume they're talking about totem poles, which are not worshiped but tell stories.

I'm not really sure what these idiots are up to or even what their goals are with these sorts of stunts. Other than bad press, they gain nothing - but there's the old saying that any publicity is good publicity.

I'd like to know where the money comes from to send these people all around the country to do this crap - it's not cheap. Someone has deep pockets in that organization.

Naturally, as soon as the story broke up here two days ago, people are planning counter-protests and there's lots of talk about throwing rotten fish on them and that sort of thing, with the usual warnings by police that such an action would be assault.

I was hoping that this hateful bunch of zealots would dry up and disappear after Phelps finally croaked, but apparently that's not the case.

http://www.adn.com/2014/04/15/3425674/westboro-baptist-church-says-it.html

hjmick
04-16-2014, 12:17 PM
No one ever said those Westboro fucks were smart...

Who knows, maybe a couple of them will get eaten by a bear...

aboutime
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Nighttrain. It's a great place for them to go. Alaskan's think nothing of SHOOTING any, and all threats to their well-being. It might be just the place where the rest of America gets to see the TOTAL DEMISE of Westboro members.

And that would be "A GOOD THING!"

Gaffer
04-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Maybe a tour of the Alaskan wilderness is in order here. Just point them down a trail and tell them there's queers and idol worshipers at the end of it.

NightTrain
04-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Solid proposals.

However, I suspect they'll be sticking really close to the cops assigned to protect them. They'd have disappeared long ago if they didn't observe that golden rule.

tailfins
04-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I still think it is possible to harness and manage them. I like how they have stooped to the left's level. If only someone can figure out how to "aim" them at the left. What they are doing doesn't bother me, only where they are doing it. When it comes to military funerals, they need to "knock it off".

NightTrain
04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
I still think it is possible to harness and manage them. I like how they have stooped to the left's level. If only someone can figure out how to "aim" them at the left. What they are doing doesn't bother me, only where they are doing it. When it comes to military funerals, they need to "knock it off".

Honestly, I don't want them on my side in any issue... even if you could reason with them, this is one case where "the enemy of my enemy is therefore my friend" doesn't apply.