PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria: Christians and Muslims cooperate against Boko Haram

jafar00
04-17-2014, 11:43 PM
This is good to see and I hope we see more of it. The actions of Boko Haram have impacted both Christian and Muslim society in Nigeria. Only united can we defeat groups of terrorists.

Christians and Muslims in Nigeria are uniting in peace efforts in the face of relentless attacks by Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
A “Friends Day Service” was held at a church in Tudun Nupawa, Kaduna in Northern Nigeria, one of the areas being targeted by militants.
Successive attacks by Boko Haram over several years have left thousands dead. Most recently, an attack on Saturday left at least 210 dead in Borno State.
Around 50 Muslim leaders attended the service at the church belonging to Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA).
Gifts were given to the Muslim leaders and the service was followed by a shared lunch.
During speeches, Senator Aziz Zego, chairman of the event’s planning committee, said that commitment to peace should not only be in words but also visible in deed, while Sheikh Dahiru Adamu, the Imam of the Salam’at Jumu’at Mosque Bachama, Tudun Wada, called on members of both religious communities to live in peace in order to ensure development, stability and progress, Christian Solidarity Worldwide reports.
Reverend Yunusa Nmadu, senior pastor of the ECWA church and CEO of Christian Solidarity Worldwide–Nigeria (CSW-N) said, “As Christians it is our responsibility to love our neighbours as ourselves and this is without exception.
“We did what we did to demonstrate the love of Christ and to contribute to peace building in our community knowing that as a local congregation, we are meant to impact our immediate community positively with the message of peace and reconciliation, which is at the heart of our faith.”
The ECWA church is situated in a largely Muslim community and has previously been the victim of attacks, having previously been set on fire.
As a gesture of goodwill, the church previously donated food to six mosques in the area. The food items, which included sugar, maize, millet and beans, were presented to the Muslim community at the residence of the local traditional ruler, Alhaji Shuai’b Balarbe, before being distributed to impoverished families to help them in their post-Ramadan feasts.
The peacebuilding efforts were followed by a surprising act of kindness during one outbreak of violence, when Muslim youths turned out to protect the church from attack.
Balarbe was one of those present at last Sunday’s Friends Day Service.
Mervyn Thomas, Chief Executive of CSW-UK, praised the church in Tudun Nupawa for its “courageous” peacebuilding efforts.
“As Boko Haram’s divisive acts of appalling and indiscriminate violence continue to claim hundreds of innocent lives, there is a pressing need for more members of both faith communities across the country to initiate similar peacebuilding efforts to break down barriers of distrust and to foster reconciliation, unity, and the concept of common and equal citizenship, regardless of tribe or creed,” he said.

http://muslimvillage.com/2014/04/16/52436/nigeria-christians-and-muslims-cooperate-against-boko-haram/

Gaffer
04-18-2014, 09:40 AM
I see a lot of giving by the Christians in this article, but nothing concerning the muslims. What are they giving? It's a predominately muslim area so why aren't the muslims up in arms against boko harum themselves?

You don't stop murdering fanatics with kind words and well wishes. You stop them with guns and brute force.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-18-2014, 07:25 PM
I see a lot of giving by the Christians in this article, but nothing concerning the muslims. What are they giving? It's a predominately muslim area so why aren't the muslims up in arms against boko harum themselves?

You don't stop murdering fanatics with kind words and well wishes. You stop them with guns and brute force.

Islamists don't give they wait and take!! Any time they make it look to be that they are generous with infidels look out. Those infidels had better just bend over, grab their asses and try to hold onto their heads! That's been proven true countless times !!

I remember on another thread, Gunny said he doesn't trust them. I concur whole heartedly with that judgment myself. When can one trust a pit full of deadly vipers???
Answer is--, when they are all stone cold dead!! That applies to the Muslims as a group because they are commanded to kill and enslave us--every damn one of us with no exceptions!! The asshat appeasers do not understand that's not up for negotiation and cowardly bartering.. -Tyr

jafar00
04-20-2014, 04:48 AM
It's a predominately muslim area so why aren't the muslims up in arms against boko harum themselves?

They are up in arms but afraid to do anything because they are powerless. Boko Haram don't care who they are killing be it Christians or Muslims. They are terrorists. That is why this is an important step for all to take in order to defeat this scourge.

Gaffer
04-20-2014, 07:53 AM
They are up in arms but afraid to do anything because they are powerless. Boko Haram don't care who they are killing be it Christians or Muslims. They are terrorists. That is why this is an important step for all to take in order to defeat this scourge.

They're not powerless. They have access to the same weapons and equipment as the terrorists. They even have the numbers if what you say is true. It's called tacit support. They don't like what's being done but won't do anything to stop it, either out of fear or because they secretly support what's being done.

jafar00
04-20-2014, 03:25 PM
They're not powerless. They have access to the same weapons and equipment as the terrorists. They even have the numbers if what you say is true. It's called tacit support. They don't like what's being done but won't do anything to stop it, either out of fear or because they secretly support what's being done.

Actually they don't. Nobody is funding or supporting any anti Boko Haram groups to my knowledge.

Gaffer
04-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Actually they don't. Nobody is funding or supporting any anti Boko Haram groups to my knowledge.

Why not? Aren't there all sorts of rich arabs and muslims who could easily send the necessary means for these folks to defend themselves. Along with the troops that might be needed to run these jihadists to ground. You have stated repeatedly that the majority of muslims are peace loving. Why can't they show it by actually going after these bad guys? Whether with money, men, or material. It's because the majority quietly condone these worthless pieces of shit.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-20-2014, 09:02 PM
[
QUOTE=Gaffer;689025]Why not? Aren't there all sorts of rich arabs and muslims who could easily send the necessary means for these folks to defend themselves. Along with the troops that might be needed to run these jihadists to ground. You have stated repeatedly that the majority of muslims are peace loving. Why can't they show it by actually going after these bad guys? Whether with money, men, or material. It's because the majority quietly condone these worthless pieces of shit.[/QUOTE]

It's because the majority quietly condone these worthless pieces of shit.

^^^^ That my friend is dead on bullseye hit. :beer:--Tyr

jafar00
04-20-2014, 11:35 PM
You have stated repeatedly that the majority of muslims are peace loving. Why can't they show it by actually going after these bad guys? Whether with money, men, or material. It's because the majority quietly condone these worthless pieces of shit.

Exactly that. We are peace loving people. It is up to police and the army to deal with militant groups. There is no point rising up against them if all they will do is kill off your family one by one until you stop.

Islam condemns them and so does the majority.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Exactly that. We are peace loving people..

Tell that to these murdered victims and their families.. ..

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Monthly Jihad Report
March, 2014
Jihad Attacks:

Countries:

Religions:

Dead Bodies:

Critically Injured:

Just one month alone!!!!!!!!!!! --Tyr

DragonStryk72
04-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Why not? Aren't there all sorts of rich arabs and muslims who could easily send the necessary means for these folks to defend themselves. Along with the troops that might be needed to run these jihadists to ground. You have stated repeatedly that the majority of muslims are peace loving. Why can't they show it by actually going after these bad guys? Whether with money, men, or material. It's because the majority quietly condone these worthless pieces of shit.

What, don't like the judgments fairly applied to you, Gaffer? You dismiss every positive point step that Muslims make, but neither you, nor Tyr hold Christianity to the same level. Every government in the world that continues to allow these things to happen are just as much at fault for things being this way, and guess what? That includes us.

Remember the two types of Christian sins: Omission and Commission. It's that whole, "Evil only triumphs when the good do nothing" thing.

Um, thanks for backing up Jafar's exact point? You do get that is exactly what those in power in the Islamic world have been doing, right? And that he's stating that as a reason why they're hesitant to take a stand.

Would I be willing to take the fight to them if I knew for a fact that they would murder my family one-by-one or worse? ... maybe, maybe not, but I can certainly understand why many people would not step up under those conditions, and it has nothing to do with religion. Hell, I understand myself well enough to know that, were they to kill my family, I could very easily become the monster that needs to be put down. It has to do with the courage to rise up in the face of monsters, knowing that many will lose families, as well as their own lives.

Instead of tearing down, for a moment, why not acknowledge those that are starting to stand up to change the Arab world? Are you and Gaffer so full of hate that you can't see the good in anything they do?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2014, 09:10 AM
What, don't like the judgments fairly applied to you, Gaffer? You dismiss every positive point step that Muslims make, but neither you, nor Tyr hold Christianity to the same level. Every government in the world that continues to allow these things to happen are just as much at fault for things being this way, and guess what? That includes us.

Remember the two types of Christian sins: Omission and Commission. It's that whole, "Evil only triumphs when the good do nothing" thing.

Um, thanks for backing up Jafar's exact point? You do get that is exactly what those in power in the Islamic world have been doing, right? And that he's stating that as a reason why they're hesitant to take a stand.

Would I be willing to take the fight to them if I knew for a fact that they would murder my family one-by-one or worse? ... maybe, maybe not, but I can certainly understand why many people would not step up under those conditions, and it has nothing to do with religion. Hell, I understand myself well enough to know that, were they to kill my family, I could very easily become the monster that needs to be put down. It has to do with the courage to rise up in the face of monsters, knowing that many will lose families, as well as their own lives.

Instead of tearing down, for a moment, why not acknowledge those that are starting to stand up to change the Arab world? Are you and Gaffer so full of hate that you can't see the good in anything they do?

Again you confuse presentation of truth/reality with hate. You apparently think it best to not warn others of threats but I do not think that way. I prefer to give warnings since the media and our government cover up so much to aid the Muslims. Jafar presents the sanitized version of Islam while I present the real one. HE DENIES REALITY AND YOU DEFEND HIS DENAIL IMHO..
You and everybody else can choose which one to believe and which one to defend.
You keep accusing me of hate . How about proving I hate them and not simply hate their evil acts(murdering innocent women and children) . Of course you are not compelled to prove such an accusation but tossing it out like you do one would think some proof is needed other than the fact that I offer my presentation of truth based upon linked sources and known facts..

This is simply me defending myself and I am sure Gaffer will offer an even better reply on his own behalf...
but bear in mind others here(Jim, Drummond, Aboutime, Jeff etc) offer much the same as Gaffer and I but we are the ones most often targeted/accused. Myself not complaining but I will not ever ignore accusations tossed at me and give no reply in return.

Now match this with Christians doing the evil deeds then you may have a leg to stand on!

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Monthly Jihad Report
March, 2014
Jihad Attacks:

Countries:

Religions:

Dead Bodies:

Critically Injured:

Gaffer
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM

Firstly, I haven't seen any arguments applied to me. I've seen arguments that islam is a religion of piece. I've seen arguments that most muslims don't support the killings. I've seen arguments that the jihadists are a small minority. But nothing applying to me.

I don't hold Christianity at the same level because they are nowhere near the same. Like comparing the Pope with bin laden. When Christians start blowing them selves up in the name of Jesus or attacking people screaming Jesus is great. I'll be the first to join in against them.

I haven't seen any positive point or step made by any muslims, especially muslims countries. They condemn, like jafar, but there is no action. You can't take action when the very law you follow, sharia, says it's alright to commit murder, lie, steal or cheat non muslims. There's a supremacy factor here that is never brought out. It's a master slave mentality. muslim, dhimmi.

Now lets look at the "we need to let the police handle it" attitude. What are police? Some all powerful entity that will suddenly appear and recuse everyone? They are people like you and me. More so me because I was one. While there job is to protect they are there to keep order and prosecute those who commit crimes. They arrive after the incident, rarely before. Now comparing police in this country with police in third world countries is once again like comparing the Pope to bin laden. It doesn't work. Places like Nigeria don't have protective police. They have body guards and corruption, with laws enforced at a whim. No local police could or would go up against boko harem, it takes a well trained organized military force. Apparently Nigeria lacks such a force. But, places like saudi arabia, qatar, UAE could easily equip and send in such a group to take out those misunderstanding islam fanatics. But then, if you really look closely, you'll most likely find boko harem is funded by the saud's or some other arab nation. After all they are doing the work of allah.

The thing about islam is that it's as much a political movement as it is religious. It was designed that way. And it has not changed in 1400 years. It's growth makes it dangerous. I would be equally intolerant of scientology were they to begin a murder spree to push their religion on the country. They are equally dangerous but not on the level of islam, yet. You don't see me condemning Christians on here because they don't commit mass murder or start wars of conquest in the name of their religion. Mention the crusades and I'll slap you.

jafar00
04-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Just one month alone!!!!!!!!!!! --Tyr

And Islam condemns each and every one of those crimes in clear language.

I have scripture and Islamic teachings on my side Tyr. You have only your false oaths.

And seek by means of what Allah has given you the future abode, and do not neglect your portion of this world, and do good (to others) as Allah has done good to you, and do not seek to make mischief in the land, surely Allah does not love the mischief-makers. (28:77)

See that? Allah does not love mischief makers (such as Al Qaeda, Boko Haram etc..). They do no good to others.

For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. (5:32)

'Nuff said. Murder and corruption are grave sins.

Had your Lord so willed, all those who are on the earth would have believed. Will you, then, force people into believing? (10:99)

It may be that those who disbelieve wish ardently that they were Muslims.
Let them eat and enjoy life, and let (false) hope beguile them. They will come to know! (15:2-3)

Attacking people for not believing is a sin.

Do not use Allah's name for such oaths which are taken to keep back from virtue, piety and the welfare of mankind (2:224)

A terrorist shouting "Allahu Akbar" as he murders, does not make it an act of Islam, yet you would have us believe otherwise.

And so on.... and so forth....