PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare and Hipaa Compliance

jimnyc
04-18-2014, 07:11 AM
This is SO funny and SO sickening at the same time. As if it's not bad enough that they are outright asking you to sign away your hipaa privacy rights, but apparently it's even hidden in the code no less. And then watching these people fumble over the answers is just as bad. They KNOW they are wrong and don't know what to say. IMO, this whole thing needs to disappear. Give a voucher to those 7 million who joined for 10 years of free health insurance, fully paid for by congress. Then revert this clusterfuck back to the way it was.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uOk0vOup4yA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trigg
04-18-2014, 08:51 AM
The gov. wants to make sure it is able to get a hold of anyone's medical records. While at the same time preventing others from getting that same information.

Same old thing over and over. Do as I say not as I do.

jimnyc
04-18-2014, 09:30 AM
The gov. wants to make sure it is able to get a hold of anyone's medical records. While at the same time preventing others from getting that same information.

Same old thing over and over. Do as I say not as I do.

I stole the video/story from your hubby who posted it elsewhere. :)

Trigg
04-18-2014, 10:18 AM
I stole the video/story from your hubby who posted it elsewhere. :)

THIEF!! ;)

Nuc lives and breaths HIPPA compliance, it's a HUGE pain in the ass. It's annoys patients all the time because they just don't understand that it's the gov. (not the hospitals) that thought it up.

People come in all the time wanting to pick up films for a disabled/old family member and we have to say NO, sorry, HIPPA says we can't do that unless you have power of attorney.

aboutime
04-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Since all of us are keenly aware that...OBAMACARE overall..is now breaking many laws. Considering how many times Obama has changed dates, and other information. Why is anyone surprised that THROUGHOUT Obamacare ACA...laws are broken by design, and on purpose since....

As Nancy Pelosi once put it..."We'll all find out what's in it...AFTER we vote for it!"

Breaking the law. Ignoring the Constitution has become a TRADEMARK of the Obama administration.

tailfins
04-19-2014, 07:05 AM
This is SO funny and SO sickening at the same time. As if it's not bad enough that they are outright asking you to sign away your hipaa privacy rights, but apparently it's even hidden in the code no less. And then watching these people fumble over the answers is just as bad. They KNOW they are wrong and don't know what to say. IMO, this whole thing needs to disappear. Give a voucher to those 7 million who joined for 10 years of free health insurance, fully paid for by congress. Then revert this clusterfuck back to the way it was.

Kudos, Jim for getting it right!! So many ignorant people call it HIPPA when it should be HIPAA.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2014, 12:15 PM
THIEF!! ;)

Nuc lives and breaths HIPPA compliance, it's a HUGE pain in the ass. It's annoys patients all the time because they just don't understand that it's the gov. (not the hospitals) that thought it up.

People come in all the time wanting to pick up films for a disabled/old family member and we have to say NO, sorry, HIPPA says we can't do that unless you have power of attorney.

As an aside, I can't tell you how many things were made possible/vastly easier because my husband got a POA for his Mom (with Alzheimers) before she was too far gone. Both for financial and health. I would strongly advise anyone with an aging parent to do so ASAP. It isn't complicated or expensive.