PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi going Country???????

nevadamedic
06-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Fresh off their crossover success with a country remake of "Who Says You Can't Go Home" with Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, which earned them the sole Grammy of their 25-year career, Bon Jovi is releasing the country-influenced album "Lost Highway" on Tuesday. And nobody in the band seems sure what the reception will be -- from their fans to the country music industry.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/18/bon.jovi.ap/index.html

They're talented enough to pull it off that's for sure.

krisy
06-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Bon Jovi have been my favorite band since I was 13 years old. WHen I heard that country songle they released,I thought they didn't sound too bad with a country twang in the music. Doesn't sound like their crossing all the way over tho.

I hope they come to Cincinnati with their next tour. I'm getting ready to watch them now on the Today Show. They have an incredible following tha thas stuck with them through the years.

Here they come now!!

krisy
06-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Ahhhh,they were great.

New music does sound a little countryish. JOn said they have always liked Nahville,but they are just doing what they do.

Matt Lauer siad he thinks they drew the biggest crowd ever for the Today Show.

No1tovote4
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Shoot. Bon Jovi has done many interviews on why he thinks he's a cowboy even though he is city bred.

I'm surprised it took this long.

jimnyc
06-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Had the new album for a few weeks now. I love the music as a Bon Jovi fan but wouldn't really call it "country".

Not their best album, IMO, but I wouldn't complain for the price I paid. :)

krisy
06-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Had the new album for a few weeks now. I love the music as a Bon Jovi fan but wouldn't really call it "country".

Not their best album, IMO, but I wouldn't complain for the price I paid. :)

I think Slippery When Wet is still my favorite. Wanted Dead or Alive being my favorite song.

dan
06-25-2007, 04:50 AM
Bon Jovi.... :gay:

jackass
06-25-2007, 07:28 AM

Bon Jovi Rocks little boy! :finger3:

dan
06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Bon Jovi Rocks little boys!

I know, that's what I said: :gay:

jackass
06-25-2007, 11:17 AM

Hahahaha....set you right up I see! :finger3:

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Bon Jovi have been my favorite band since I was 13 years old. WHen I heard that country songle they released,I thought they didn't sound too bad with a country twang in the music. Doesn't sound like their crossing all the way over tho.

I hope they come to Cincinnati with their next tour. I'm getting ready to watch them now on the Today Show. They have an incredible following tha thas stuck with them through the years.

Here they come now!!

Have you seen is new movie National Lampoon's Pucked? I just bought it but I haven't seen it yet. I really loved him in Vampires 2. Everything that he has done musically has been awesome. I think my favorite song that he has done was Blaze of Glory.

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 12:20 PM

Here they come now!!

Actually the soundtrack Jon did for Young Guns 2 came of in parts like country as well, but you still gotta love the song Blaze of Glory.

Trigg
06-25-2007, 01:31 PM

Hey now, you lookin for a smack down?????:slap:

Bon Jovi is my dream man. Love their music.

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM

Just because you get a stiffy from looking at him doesn't mean he's gay.

-Cp
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
I got this yesterday and must say it is really good "Driving music" for your car...

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I got this yesterday and must say it is really good "Driving music" for your car...

So is the Young Guns 2 soundtrack.

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 03:30 AM
When your roots are in the rock or pop scene and you finally go country to survive, it's true, "You Can't Go Home". Bon Jovi is a genious.

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
When your roots are in the rock or pop scene and you finally go country to survive, it's true, "You Can't Go Home". Bon Jovi is a genious.

Bon Jovi is awesome!

Trinity
07-12-2007, 08:19 AM

Here they come now!!

Here are a couple of local bands that are really good........Of course they are good friends of mine too!

Triad
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16599149&MyToken=f0b33b12-3bda-47f9-b0de-3ad57c329e31

ANW - A Nervous Wreck
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2204090&MyToken=f0b33b12-3bda-47f9-b0de-3ad57c329e31

ANW usually has CC Deville (Poison) with them at a lot of their shows. They are playing down the road from us June 21st so if you Kev want to go let me know. I'll talk to Shane and have him hook us up. They have a couple of Videos on their page, but they were done with camcorders so the quality is poor.

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Here are a couple of local bands that are really good........Of course they are good friends of mine too!

Triad
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16599149&MyToken=f0b33b12-3bda-47f9-b0de-3ad57c329e31

ANW - A Nervous Wreck
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2204090&MyToken=f0b33b12-3bda-47f9-b0de-3ad57c329e31

ANW usually has CC Deville (Poison) with them at a lot of their shows. They are playing down the road from us June 21st so if you Kev want to go let me know. I'll talk to Shane and have him hook us up. They have a couple of Videos on their page, but they were done with camcorders so the quality is poor.

CC Deville? Who's that?

krisy
07-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Their not completely crossing over to make it,there is just a little twang there. They are actually one of the only bands from that time that still sell 2 or 3 millions albums(not as much as the 10 mill they used to sell,but still a lot). They also sell out most of the arenas they play. A pretty good feat for a band that was often labeled a hair band. Most of bands from that time are playing clubs now,or aren't around anymore.

Beleive me, when I was 16, I was a frequent hair band concert goer:laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Their not completely crossing over to make it,there is just a little twang there. They are actually one of the only bands from that time that still sell 2 or 3 millions albums(not as much as the 10 mill they used to sell,but still a lot). They also sell out most of the arenas they play. A pretty good feat for a band that was often labeled a hair band. Most of bands from that time are playing clubs now,or aren't around anymore.

I herd their current tour is pretty much sold out everywhere.

Trinity
07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
CC Deville? Who's that?

You are joking right?

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 09:05 PM
You are joking right?

No.............

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
What do you guy's think of Poison, White Snake, Van Halen, Warrant and Guns N' Roses? I love all those bands. Actually White Snake has a place about thirty minutes from my house in Incline Village. So does one of the Beach Boys, Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater, Lenord Nemoy and The Captain and Tenille.

dan
07-13-2007, 04:19 AM
What do you guy's think of Poison,

I think C.C. Deville is their guitarist!:laugh2:

Trinity
07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I think C.C. Deville is their guitarist!:laugh2:

That would be correct!

hmmm maybe we should play a game, name that musician?:)

Trinity
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
What do you guy's think of Poison, White Snake, Van Halen, Warrant and Guns N' Roses? I love all those bands. Actually White Snake has a place about thirty minutes from my house in Incline Village. So does one of the Beach Boys, Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater, Lenord Nemoy and The Captain and Tenille.

Poison, White Snake, Van Halen, Warrant and Guns N' Roses are some of my favorite bands from way back when!

The other one's however would be more from my dads younger years.

krisy
07-13-2007, 03:13 PM

Which guy from WHitesnake lives by you guys?

Gaffer
07-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Poison, White Snake, Van Halen, Warrant and Guns N' Roses are some of my favorite bands from way back when!

The other one's however would be more from my dads younger years.

I haven't seen any bands listed in this thread from my younger years.

Trinity
07-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I haven't seen any bands listed in this thread from my younger years.

Captain and Tenille (sp), Beach Boy's, CCR

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 03:27 AM
It's a corporate thing.

I had no doubt that you would misunderstand.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 08:51 PM
It's a corporate thing.

I had no doubt that you would misunderstand.

Do you ever play well with others? :laugh2: Isn't there a thread that you can get along with everyone just once? :laugh2: