PDA

View Full Version : I've had another post banned obviously this forum is totally worthless

Tricky Dicky
04-19-2014, 05:19 AM
You have auto saved my post I should have posted it straight away .

YOU ARE IN THE PAY OF THE DENTAL INDUSTRY

fj1200
04-19-2014, 06:05 AM
I think the fluoride people are on to you. I don't want to alarm you but it's something to think about.

tailfins
04-19-2014, 06:57 AM
I think the fluoride people are on to you. I don't want to alarm you but it's something to think about.

I'm also against water fluoridation. It sets a precedent for using the water supply to mass drug the population "for their own good". You were kidding, but I'm serious. I think "Tricky Dicky" is also trying to play a joke on us. I have been told we had a Trudeau posting on here. If you're ever wonder who "they" are when you hear the phrase advertized "they don't want you to know about", "they" are Jim and Abbey!

Perhaps Ticky Dicky is THIS Trudeau:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FpXoB8esIwo#t=6

NightTrain
04-19-2014, 09:37 AM

Jim and Abbey, I thought we talked about this.... taking bribes from Dentists is considered bad form, especially when you're so easily found out by our good friend Tricky Dicky and his internet sleuthing abilities.

Now I'll have to send out the usual hit men to cover this up.... again... sigh.

jimnyc
04-19-2014, 10:32 AM

We don't ban posts. In fact, there is no such thing that I am aware of. We don't even moderate posts. We would only moderate a post if it were spam. Your account was not banned in any way either. Nothing was done to you at all. And yes, the software is made so that a post is "auto-saved" while you are typing a lengthy post. This way if you get logged out, or a power failure, when you return you can restore where the post was last saved. That message that appears under your post is automatic, not one of us pulling a heist on your words. :)

As for the boards worth, it depends on how you look at it. From a members angle, it costs nothing, so it's worth exactly what you paid for admission. I pay the bills, it IS worthless for me! :laugh:

And lastly, can you please contact the industry. I don't think they have the right address, as I haven't seen a single payment.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2014, 10:39 AM
We don't ban posts. In fact, there is no such thing that I am aware of. We don't even moderate posts. We would only moderate a post if it were spam. Your account was not banned in any way either. Nothing was done to you at all. And yes, the software is made so that a post is "auto-saved" while you are typing a lengthy post. This way if you get logged out, or a power failure, when you return you can restore where the post was last saved. That message that appears under your post is automatic, not one of us pulling a heist on your words. :)

As for the boards worth, it depends on how you look at it. From a members angle, it costs nothing, so it's worth exactly what you paid for admission. I pay the bills, it IS worthless for me! :laugh:

And lastly, can you please contact the industry. I don't think they have the right address, as I haven't seen a single payment.

Jim, I'm sorry, but in good conscience, I think it's time we 'fess up. We DO ban posts like crazy when we are on a Flouride High.

NightTrain
04-19-2014, 10:40 AM

That's right, Tricky Dicky! Nothing to see here, heh heh!

Say, do you get much helicopter traffic around your residence? Specifically, the really quiet black helicopters? Usually people can't hear them, they're pretty much silent unless you have really good hearing. You detect them by keeping a wary eye out.

tailfins
04-19-2014, 10:47 AM

Jimmy ...... he's yankin' your chain. Don't get punked!

fj1200
04-19-2014, 01:54 PM
... taking bribes from Dentists is considered bad form...

Not so fast there. I'll take a bribe from a dentist as long as 4 out of 5 agree that I should.

aboutime
04-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Sounds like someone has a "Ban Fixation". :) Or maybe, someone is suffering from

"Ban-inosis Syndrome". Better known as that NEED to get attention in any way possible???:)

hjmick
04-19-2014, 03:41 PM
It is obviously not the forum which is worthless...

jimnyc
04-19-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry about that,

1. You had a misspelling in your title
2. It said I.ve
3. It should be I've
4. It bugged me
5. I fixed it

Regards,

Worthless Board Owner

Abbey Marie
04-19-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm sorry about that,

2. It said I.ve
3. It should be I've
4. It bugged me
5. I fixed it

Regards,

Worthless Board Owner

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/Tyrant_1.jpg/250px-Tyrant_1.jpg

NightTrain
04-19-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry about that,

2. It said I.ve
3. It should be I've
4. It bugged me
5. I fixed it

Regards,

Worthless Board Owner

Boy... take a few bribes from Dentists and look who turns into an iron-fisted Tyrant!

Slippery slope, Jim. Next you'll be smoking fluoride and huffing nitrous.

logroller
04-19-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm also against water fluoridation. It sets a precedent for using the water supply to mass drug the population "for their own good". You were kidding, but I'm serious. I think "Tricky Dicky" is also trying to play a joke on us. I have been told we had a Trudeau posting on here. If you're ever wonder who "they" are when you hear the phrase advertized "they don't want you to know about", "they" are Jim and Abbey!

Perhaps Ticky Dicky is THIS Trudeau:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FpXoB8esIwo#t=6
All conspiracy theories aside, Gotta say, look around the world at people's smiles and show me who has better teeth than the USA.

That's just what a pawn of the fluoride industry would say. :poke:
But seriously, this board is worth what others are willing to put into it...which includes time. I'm sure you're keenly aware of what google values it at. Probably doesn't cover the rent, but its worth something.

Tricky Dicky
04-22-2014, 05:25 AM

I spent about thirty five minutes
typing out:
(1) The reason why you should fight having even one tooth extracred
(2) The problems with implants
(3) An alternative to implants

I then was STUPID enough to preview instead of submitting straight away ( to avoid the inevitable 'wither ' incident ) and of course everything vanished and I was informed that I Tricky Dicky was there as a guest and MUST LOG ON! Exactly what does that flashing 'Auto-Saved' mean?

tailfins
04-22-2014, 07:13 AM
typing out:

I then was STUPID enough to preview instead of submitting straight away ( to avoid the inevitable 'wither ' incident ) and of course everything vanished and I was informed that I Tricky Dicky was there as a guest and MUST LOG ON! Exactly what does that flashing 'Auto-Saved' mean?

It took you thirty-five minutes to type three numbered sentences? Have you considered a typing class?

Abbey Marie
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
It took you thirty-five minutes to type three numbered sentences? Have you considered a typing class?

I think he meant that he typed the actual reasons/problems, too. Not just the outline.

Perhaps we have a Brit here. Not quite an ESL situation ;), but language differences nonetheless.
Drummond, any comment?

tailfins
04-22-2014, 10:02 AM
I think he meant that he typed the actual reasons/problems, too. Not just the outline.

Perhaps we have a Brit here. Not quite an ESL situation ;), but language differences nonetheless.
Drummond, any comment?

I was poking fun at him. Ten years ago, I might have made such a mistake about context. However, studying pays off.

NightTrain
04-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Exactly what does that flashing 'Auto-Saved' mean?

Usually it means your computer was uploading your fingerprints from your keyboard to the Database, but sometimes it's your webcam taking a picture of you. They both give the same warning.

We can't have Anti-Dentites running around undocumented, you know. That would be chaos.

jimnyc
04-22-2014, 12:04 PM
typing out:

Check off the box when you login that says "remember me", and you should get automatically logged back on. The board will auto time you out after 30 minutes of inactivity. Anyway, the very feature you complained about could have saved you. After your post failing because you weren't logged in - if you logged in at that point it may have worked anyway - or if you start a new post there would be an option to restore what was auto saved, and you would be right back where you were as of the last save.

tailfins
04-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Check off the box when you login that says "remember me", and you should get automatically logged back on. The board will auto time you out after 30 minutes of inactivity. Anyway, the very feature you complained about could have saved you. After your post failing because you weren't logged in - if you logged in at that point it may have worked anyway - or if you start a new post there would be an option to restore what was auto saved, and you would be right back where you were as of the last save.

Jim, you forgot to tell him to press the {ALT} and the {F4} key at the same time right after the post fails.

aboutime
04-22-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm starting to wonder whether Tricky is still using "Whiteout" to edit, and delete words on his screen?:laugh:

Touch Typing...one finger at a time has it's drawbacks on keyboards.

Hope the problems get resolved soon. That BAN thing is really a terrible thing to waste.

logroller
04-22-2014, 12:51 PM
typing out:

First off, try the back button in your browser; that usually recalls the last page (it's usually cached by your browser) select the text you've typed and right click> copy. That should preserve your text. You'll then have to login again and recreate the thread/reply to post. Then paste. Voila.

In the future, there's a check box below the login fields (remember me); click it on. That should prevent the logout.

Abbey Marie
04-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Train yourself to hit CTRL + S whenever you are typing something of length. That has saved me (pun intended) from recreating text many times.

Drummond
04-22-2014, 03:14 PM

Drummond, any comment?

-- Howdy. Did someone call .. ? :cool:

OK, Tricky. I've not much to say in reply to your complaint that hasn't already been said here. Both Jim and Logroller have given you good advice.

The very obvious point to make is that you cannot have been 'banned' if you're able to publicly post about it !!!!

So ... as for what you really intended as a sideswipe against a feature of this site that you found irritating .. well, I've felt the same way about that same feature .. that of being 'timed out' if the post you're trying to add takes longer than a certain period (.. I see the cutoff point is 30 minutes ? Useful to know ..).

If you check out the 'member interviews' part of this forum, you'll see that when I was interviewed myself, I gave it a mention. As follows:-

If you can change any one thing about Debate Policy, what would it be?

Almost nothing ... I enjoy the site. The only irritant is presumably a technical issue anyway .. I find I have to frequently re-log in after completing a post, as if the site times me out after a few minutes. I've seen nothing comparable from other sites of this type.

Even so .. you get used to it. And I figured out Logroller's solution some time ago.

Simple rule of thumb - if you're involved with a lengthy piece of text, or at any rate, one it's taking you an appreciable time to draft, just highlight the text you've typed before attempting to post it. Right-click your mouse, choose 'copy' in the menu you get, then you know that if you encounter any timing-out issue, you can always recreate the text you've 'copied'.

In any case, the back-arrow point already made usually works and you can backtrack that way.

Tricky .. this isn't something worth getting uptight about. Dealing with time-out issues is easy on this forum. Instead of whingeing, I suggest you just get into a routine of self-copying, then 'go with the flow'. What you like to think of as a problem ... really isn't one at all. And certainly nothing aimed at you, in any way imaginable.

fj1200
04-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Wow, is someone actually asking for a Brit to comment in a thread devoted to dental issues??? Next we'll have "conservatives" defending tax increases. :eek:

Drummond
04-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Wow, is someone actually asking for a Brit to comment in a thread devoted to dental issues??? Next we'll have "conservatives" defending tax increases. :eek:

That's the thing about Conservatives that you've never really grasped, FJ. We are REALISTS.:cool:

fj1200
04-22-2014, 04:25 PM
That's the thing about Conservatives that you've never really grasped, FJ. We are REALISTS.:cool:

:laugh: You wouldn't know, you reject conservatism along with orthodontistry.

hjmick
04-22-2014, 04:43 PM
So, to sum up...

Trickle Dick, or whatever his name is, starts this thread proclaiming, in great outrage, that Management has "banned" his post concerning tooth extraction and the reasons it should be avoided.

The reason for the ban?

Management is in cahoots with the ADA and has been bought off.

Management calmly explains that they do not "ban" posts in the manner being described, and there is ample evidence proving just that.

Then, Tiny Dick, or whatever his name is, declares there is no other possibility! He then goes on to explain exactly how he typed it all out, how long it took, he previewed the post, then *POOF!* The mind reading staff here at DP made it disappear!

It is then explained to what's-his-name that it sounds as though he timed out after too long a period of inactivity.

That sounds absolutely logical.

To wit we are left with only one conclusion:

Tricky Dickless, or whatever his name is, doesn't quite have a grasp on the whole Interwebs thingy...

But let me ask one question:

Why, Tricky Dicky, would I listen to you with regard to my dental care rather than my dentist?

You ask me, I think we're all better off that you were incapable off finishing the post in question.

hjmick
04-22-2014, 04:55 PM
I forgot to mention...

The thread title says "another post banned," this would seem to indicate that this is not the first time this rube has had this problem...

Seriously?

aboutime
04-22-2014, 07:03 PM
I forgot to mention...

The thread title says "another post banned," this would seem to indicate that this is not the first time this rube has had this problem...

Seriously?

hjmick. WE...should all just agree to agree with Tricky, and pretend...he doesn't exist. That seems to be what he wants us to think. Why not help him get his DREAM COME TRUE?

Tricky Dicky
04-30-2014, 09:56 AM
hjmick. WE...should all just agree to agree with Tricky, and pretend...he doesn't exist. That seems to be what he wants us to think. Why not help him get his DREAM COME TRUE?

Yeah ! I'm the man that doesn't exist. UK debate thinks so. Politics.Political. Forum admits that I exist but just 'mechanically' prevents me from posting, All other UK based forums have banned me - British democracy (sic) forum blaming it on the server. I think that this is the real reason my postings are totally origional ( to my knowledge. ) And forums with a few noticable exceptions are there to print, via censorship, the views ( liberal capitalist ) of the owner or corporation paying the running cost and of course the advertisers just hate me.
I'm not alone in this individuals, trying to warn the herd ( assuming there is something in that big empty box full of Fox crap which serves as a mind for the majority. ) end up banned in the end.
Something will happen in your life to make you face the real world as opposed to the imaginary one you have been programmed to believe in. And then the reality of the two world wars, the direction in terms of ethnic change that America ( like the rest of the Anglo Saxon world ) has undertaken and above all that all the changes in society that are done purely for the financial benefit of a few unbelievably rich individuals, who own the media and buy the politicians ( in fact whole parties -there's only two, ) won't allow to feel like a smart arse anymore - you will feel duped!

tailfins
04-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah ! I'm the man that doesn't exist. UK debate thinks so. Politics.Political. (1) Forum admits that I exist but just 'mechanically' prevents me from posting, All other UK based forums have banned me - British democracy (sic) forum blaming it on the server. I think that this is the real reason my postings are totally (2) origional ( to my knowledge. ) And forums with a few noticable exceptions are there to print, via censorship, the views ( liberal capitalist ) of the owner or corporation paying the running cost and of course the (3) advertisers just hate me.
I'm not alone in this individuals, trying to warn the herd ( assuming there is something in that big empty box full of Fox crap which serves as a mind for the majority. ) end up banned in the end.
Something will happen in your life to make you face the real world as opposed to the imaginary one you have been programmed to believe in. And then the reality of the two world wars, the direction in terms of ethnic change that America ( like the rest of the Anglo Saxon world ) has undertaken and above all that all the changes in society that are done purely for the financial (4) benefit of a few unbelievably rich individuals, who own the media and buy the politicians ( in fact whole parties -there's only two, ) (5) won't allow to feel like a smart arse anymore - (6)you will feel duped!

(1) Where's the link? I have never seen anyone in this forum admit you exist!
(2) You were sanctioned for not being able to properly spell original.
(3) What did you do to anger the Muslim matchmaking sites?
(4) We are the one percent, or at least aspire to be.
(5) No one will change this leopard's spots. I was born a smart arse and will die a smart arse.
(6) You seem to be an expert on being duped, can you tell me what it feels like so I will know what to expect?

NightTrain
04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah ! I'm the man that doesn't exist. UK debate thinks so. Politics.Political. Forum admits that I exist but just 'mechanically' prevents me from posting, All other UK based forums have banned me - British democracy (sic) forum blaming it on the server. I think that this is the real reason my postings are totally origional ( to my knowledge. ) And forums with a few noticable exceptions are there to print, via censorship, the views ( liberal capitalist ) of the owner or corporation paying the running cost and of course the advertisers just hate me.
Something will happen in your life to make you face the real world as opposed to the imaginary one you have been programmed to believe in. And then the reality of the two world wars, the direction in terms of ethnic change that America ( like the rest of the Anglo Saxon world ) has undertaken and above all that all the changes in society that are done purely for the financial benefit of a few unbelievably rich individuals, who own the media and buy the politicians ( in fact whole parties -there's only two, ) won't allow to feel like a smart arse anymore - you will feel duped!

I might need a lot more coffee... I really can't decipher this.

How do Dentists factor in to all of this?

Trigg
04-30-2014, 11:16 AM
I think he forgot to put this on today :tinfoil:

jimnyc
04-30-2014, 11:22 AM
I know it's a Chinese restaurant, but I always order fried chicken. I like chicken. I hope it really is indeed chicken. I don't think they like it that I wont order "Chinese" food when I place my calls, but it's their menu. Why put something on the menu if you feel offended when people order it? I think she may remember the time I called and ordered 'reef and roccori'.

Yes, I know, I should have my website taken away and sold to the highest bidder. :lol: :poke:

logroller
04-30-2014, 11:25 AM
I might need a lot more coffee... I really can't decipher this.

How do Dentists factor in to all of this?

Try koolaid.

tailfins
04-30-2014, 11:31 AM
I know it's a Chinese restaurant, but I always order fried chicken. I like chicken. I hope it really is indeed chicken. I don't think they like it that I wont order "Chinese" food when I place my calls, but it's their menu. Why put something on the menu if you feel offended when people order it? I think she may remember the time I called and ordered 'reef and roccori'.

My favorite item is General Tso's German Shepherd.

That is unless they are in Atlanta and do a Southern Fusion thing. Then I get German Shepherd's Pie.

Yes, I know, I should have my website taken away and sold to the highest bidder. :lol: :poke:

I bid an altered 1853 CENT.

Drummond
04-30-2014, 03:34 PM

Er'm, as someone 'banned', or subject to some form of alleged 'censorship', may I congratulate you on 'somehow' getting this message on to the forum !! ....:rolleyes:

'Tricky', I've no hesitation whatever in telling you that your site-management perceptions are baseless. And do I correctly interpret from your post that one site you've been involved with is 'Democracy Forum' .. ? If we're talking about the same thing, this is a British forum I'm also familiar with. And I've never had a problem with them.

There was the ONE British site I was once part of, which was a total pain. A Leftie one .. and I was kicked off of there after about six weeks of posting activity (they found me too hard to stomach, something I take a measure of pride in !). Other than that, I never encounter anything of the sort of thing you allege ... and most certainly not here !!!

I have to also add that I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to say ... and I, too, am British !!

Take your posting calmly, make your objectives in posting discernible and grounded in context which we can all relate to. That's my advice to you.

Gaffer
04-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Isn't posting while intoxicated illegal in the UK?

aboutime
04-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Obviously. Tricky has become a 'FIGMENT' of his own imagination.

Tricky...."BAN THY SELF!"

Drummond
05-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Isn't posting while intoxicated illegal in the UK?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If it isn't now, it probably soon will be ...... :laugh2:

Since GCHQ Cheltenham is probably monitoring my every activity online, maybe I can invite them to comment (?) ...

Tricky Dicky
05-01-2014, 10:06 AM
(1) Where's the link? I have never seen anyone in this forum admit you exist!
(2) You were sanctioned for not being able to properly spell original.
(3) What did you do to anger the Muslim matchmaking sites?
(4) We are the one percent, or at least aspire to be.
(5) No one will change this leopard's spots. I was born a smart arse and will die a smart arse.
(6) You seem to be an expert on being duped, can you tell me what it feels like so I will know what to expect?
(2) Can't spell! Won't spell! All due to poor education, dyslexia, wonky eyesight, genetcally inferior Redneck stock ( so I never learn ) and the sure knowledge that if I preview the post it will mysteriously vanish!
(3) No the British Establishment so they have banned me from all the sites they control.
(5) Depends what one means by Smart Arse. I was implying that you think you know all the facts but if you are an Anglo you don't. If you mean that you are are smart then live long enough and you'll go senile ie child like
(6) We all get duped sunshine!

Drummond
05-01-2014, 10:51 AM
(2) Can't spell! Won't spell! All due to poor education, dyslexia, wonky eyesight, genetcally inferior Redneck stock ( so I never learn ) and the sure knowledge that if I preview the post it will mysteriously vanish!
(3) No the British Establishment so they have banned me from all the sites they control.
(5) Depends what one means by Smart Arse. I was implying that you think you know all the facts but if you are an Anglo you don't. If you mean that you are are smart then live long enough and you'll go senile ie child like

I'm one of the first to say that Americans can take for granted certain freedoms which we in the UK, these days at least, can only dream of.

But I suspect that in saying sites 'are controlled by the British Establishment', you're exaggerating at minimum. It's more the British style to monitor, and to act against infringements observed, than exert outright and obvious control.

Perhaps you're thinking of forums I'm unaware of or too unfamiliar with, so ... Tricky, would you care to name those sites you say suffer from the direct control you allege ? And/or, describe instances of such exerted control ?

aboutime
05-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Tricky. "CAN YOU HEAR ME?" "CAN YOU READ WHAT I AM TYPING?"

Are you still ALIVE? Do you have a pulse? Are you breathing?

No matter how you answer any of my questions. YOU FAIL.

Give up. Leave. Or, record your words and play them back to yourself...over, and over again.

You should get angry enough to BAN YOURSELF.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-01-2014, 10:42 PM

A sword straight into his heart you just thrust.. Man, did I ever laugh - :laugh::laugh::laugh:....Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-01-2014, 10:50 PM

Man, how on earth are you able to get these posts about being censored past these now lazy censors?? I am thinking that Jim needs to kick some lazy asses for this breach in his ironclad security..
You know being crazy is like being ignorant.
You just don't know that you don't really know.. :laugh:-Tyr

Yeah Nope
05-19-2014, 04:43 PM
While I think the idea that we are being intentionally poisoned is absurd, I do question the continured need for fluoridated water and if pehaps there is some backroom dealings to keep it going.

1.) When fluoridation was first started its primary purpose was to increase enamel strength in a population that was decidedly lacking in dental hygiene. This is no longer the case.

2.) The amount of fluoride in water is negligible, and in terms of toxicity non-existant, but there is a compounding effect that I don't believe is accounted for which was not present when fluoridation started. The majority of crops (animal feed and human) are now irrigated with fluoridated water. Most livestock are provided with fluoridated water. Most beverages (soda/alcohol, etc.) are made with fluoridated water. The amount of fluoride from water is just a minor fraction of what is ingested when the food chain is considered.

3.) Fluoride, is a waste product and is highly toxic undiluted. The amount produced would bankrupt many industries if they had to dispose of it under current industrial waste regulations. Instead profit is made by selling this waste product to municipal water supplies. Companies that do this have a vested interest in continuing it.

4.) Can you imagine what would happen if it became widely accepted that fluoride, no matter how little, was toxic over a lifetime of consumption? After nearly 100 years of being told it was perfectly safe, civil unrest would be an understatement and lawsuits would bankrupt every government from city to fed.

aboutime
05-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Shhhhhh! Be quiet! Don't say a word! Tricky is feeling the wrath of the Hillary Clinton style "Right wing Conspiracy" breathing down his neck.

The grammar cops, internet police, and United Garbage Pickers of Dumpsters are attempting to SILENCE Tricky, using old CIA tactics that take away his first amendment rights through coercion and threats.

PLEASE REMAIN QUIET while Tricky learns to inhale, and exhale the clean, untarnished BS here?