View Full Version : China's new carrier

CSM
04-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Check this out:

http://time.com/#71843/our-carrier-video-is-way-cooler-than-yours/

Cool videos. Yeah, I know .... "but...but....it's CHINA!"

hjmick
04-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Unless their carrier can travel through a wormhole to December 6, 1941, in the Pacific near Hawaii, I’m not impressed…

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Unless their carrier can travel through a wormhole to December 6, 1941, in the Pacific near Hawaii, I’m not impressed…

Could be they thought of that and that's why its so small.. :laugh:--Tyr

CSM
04-23-2014, 09:16 AM

The interesting thing about the Chinese military is not what they are showing publicly. They (according to the CIA factbook for China) lead in just about every area of technological S&T and R&D of all the industrialized nations. The Chinese government has made a very concerted effort since about the mid 70's to modernize and increase their technology in both military and commercial arenas. Indications are that thye are succeeding. These efforts are supported by a very robust effort to increase/maintain education in technology areas (everything from agriculture to zoology and most things in between). Journals (which I read often because of my work) regarding Chinese military capability point out that China is very swiftly becoming the world leader in technological advancement and may already hold an edge over all others in space related technology particularly when it comes to denying use of space based capability by its adversaries. GPS guided munitions do not perform well if there is no GPS!

While this carrier in itself may not seem significant, you can bet that this particular ship is their test bed for far better in the future.

I am not saying or even implying that conflict with China is inevitable/desireable, etc. from what I have read, China is the most likely candidate (for the forseeable future, at least) to become the world's leading super-power. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is open for debate in another thread.

namvet
04-23-2014, 10:00 AM
what about supply lines?? no rice no eatie's no bombs no bullets. supply ships are always the main targets. even the CO will have to learn how to fish :laugh:

CSM
04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
what about supply lines?? no rice no eatie's no bombs no bullets. supply ships are always the main targets. even the CO will have to learn how to fish :laugh:

LOL!! I suspect that the Chinese Navy consists of more than a single carrier. By the way, the interruption of LOS (lines of supply) as a tactic is not proprietary to the US. In fact, US LOSs in the Pacific are pretty darn long.

Abbey Marie
04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Isn't it pronounced "Callier"?

namvet
04-23-2014, 01:40 PM

bird farm :laugh:

aboutime
04-23-2014, 02:29 PM

Abbey.:laugh: If you say so. And then. Remember how they say ELECTION day???

For those who need to be reminded. Election day in China is called "ERECTION day".

namvet
04-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Abbey.:laugh: If you say so. And then. Remember how they say ELECTION day???

For those who need to be reminded. Election day in China is called "ERECTION day".

about 60 trillion erection days :laugh: