PDA

View Full Version : AG Holder May Quit After November Midterms

jimnyc
04-25-2014, 01:42 PM
If this turns out to be the case, that would be fantastic. This guy has been atrocious in office and has committed borderline illegal acts, if not outright illegal acts, IMO. Maybe we'll get lucky and see someone after him that believes in the law and the COTUS.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder plans to stay on through November's mid-term elections and has no timeline for an exit after that, a Justice Department official told Reuters on Friday.

"The Attorney General does not plan to leave before the mid-terms. That does not mean that he is definitely leaving after the mid-terms, just that he is at least staying through that time," the official said.

There has been speculation over when Holder, 63, might step down from the post he has held since shortly after President Barack Obama took office in 2009. Should Republicans win control of both chambers of Congress in the November elections, it may be difficult for a potential replacement for Holder to be confirmed.

Among Obama's cabinet members, Holder is said to have one of the closest relationships with the president. During his time in office, Holder has taken on issues in line with the president's agenda, such as civil rights, voting rights, and most recently, reducing sentencing for low-level drug offenders.

The Washington Post reports today that Holder planned to stay through the elections but could not confirm his plans beyond that.

But the Post said that Justice Department officials close to Holder claimed that although he planned to stay in office until after the midterms, he would "not commit" to remain on the job after December.

Holder has indicated that he does not want to stay on as attorney general through Obama's second term, the Post said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/attorney-general-eric-holder-resign-elections/2014/04/25/id/567718/

fj1200
04-25-2014, 01:49 PM
I think it's rare that any cabinet position lasts longer than one term. But pretty sure Republicans won't be happy with any replacement, just a matter of getting one that sucks less.

jimnyc
04-25-2014, 02:15 PM
I think it's rare that any cabinet position lasts longer than one term. But pretty sure Republicans won't be happy with any replacement, just a matter of getting one that sucks less.

They could appoint me to the position and I would suck less! IMO, this guy was dishonest/deceptive and looked for ways to avoid the law. He was dishonest in answering to the law. He failed miserably in many areas of upholding the law.

aboutime
04-25-2014, 02:32 PM
They could appoint me to the position and I would suck less! IMO, this guy was dishonest/deceptive and looked for ways to avoid the law. He was dishonest in answering to the law. He failed miserably in many areas of upholding the law.

jim. Hate to use this "obvious pun" here. But...we should call a spade, a spade in this case.

Holder has intentionally ignored his oath, and actually ORDERED American Police Forces to IGNORE the Constitution, and Federal Laws. Just like Obama has been doing since he took office.

Both Holder, and Obama are FELONS. And both should be arrested, and held accountable.

Of course. We have too many WUSSY Politicians in Washington, from both parties who stand to lose too much IF...they push the issue that would probably EXPOSE THEIR LAWBREAKING Too!