PDA

View Full Version : I need to brag on my wonderful daughter

gabosaurus
04-30-2014, 07:54 PM
My brilliant daughter was recently selected to the National Junior Honor Society and the Spanish Honor Society at her school. These memberships go to deserving incoming eighth graders.
She also earned a gift certificate at a church competition for memorizing Bible verses. This came less than a week after my daughter and our neighbor's daughter received awards from the Islamic Education Center of Orange County for memorizing verses of the Quran.
My mom pride is currently off the charts. :cool:

Abbey Marie
04-30-2014, 10:02 PM
Congrats Gabby :clap:

jimnyc
05-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Congrats Gabby :clap:

I'll send congrats to her daughter, since she's the one who did all the work and effort. Sounds like a cool little kid. I'd feel bad if I didn't send out a pleasant note to a young gal a few of us kinda of heard a lot about over the years. I wish nothing but the best for her.

But honestly, it's becoming more and more difficult to separate the person who posts personal cool stuff like this, and the troll who admittedly looks to piss off the members here.

gabosaurus
05-01-2014, 12:02 PM
But honestly, it's becoming more and more difficult to separate the person who posts personal cool stuff like this, and the troll who admittedly looks to piss off the members here.

I don't come here to "piss off members" here more than anyone else. I am going to piss you off because social and political views are radically different from those of others. And because some of you are more sensitive to personal comments than others. All comments made in this forum should be treated as water off a duck's back.

tailfins
05-01-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't come here to "piss off members" here more than anyone else. I am going to piss you off because social and political views are radically different from those of others. And because some of you are more sensitive to personal comments than others. All comments made in this forum should be treated as water off a duck's back.

Irrespective of any political views, you're an :ahole:.

Trigg
05-01-2014, 12:37 PM
congrats to your daughter

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Having a child learn is to be commended. Congrats on your daughter doing well.
A caution is advised as to what a parent allows a child to learn. A wise parent keeps this in mind..-Tyr

aboutime
05-01-2014, 07:19 PM
I cannot become a Hypocrite here by wishing anything toward gabby, or her daughter.

I feel sorry. And, I'll just leave it at that.

Jeff
05-05-2014, 07:43 AM
My brilliant daughter was recently selected to the National Junior Honor Society and the Spanish Honor Society at her school. These memberships go to deserving incoming eighth graders.
She also earned a gift certificate at a church competition for memorizing Bible verses. This came less than a week after my daughter and our neighbor's daughter received awards from the Islamic Education Center of Orange County for memorizing verses of the Quran.
My mom pride is currently off the charts. :cool:

Congrats to your Daughter Gabby !!!

My boys are only in the 6th grade but both have been on the principles list or the honor roll since day one, they also are in the National Junior Honor Society ( it is called some club but when they where invited the letter we received explained they are to young to go into the Honor society so they have formed this club for all kids that have earned it and it went on to explain if there grades and school activities don't change they will graduate from this club to the National Honor Society ) And the younger one also won at church for remembering the most Bible verses ( the older boy came in second, it was a major competition in the house here :laugh: but Wyatt won out) The boys are in competition all the time , whether it is school or sports ( I think that is why they excel so well, being they are only 10 months apart it is like having your best friend spend the night every night ) As for the Quran, as a Christian I don't mind my boys learning things they don't necessarily believe or live but just as I won't buy them video games filled with cussing and violence I won't let them read something like that, I feel it is great to let our kids broaden there minds by stepping out of there comfort zone but I also feel as a parent we need to observe and censor certain things. This of course is just my opinion, and again Congrats to your little Lady.