PDA

View Full Version : Obama Proposes to Allow States to Collect Tolls on Interstate Highway

Jeff
05-02-2014, 06:37 AM
OK so it looks like it is going to cost even more money to travel. I thought back when Obama had promised the stimulus was going to take care of the infrastructure, yes we where going to have new roads and it was going to make work for America, now a few short years later we find out that the Highway Trust fun is about to go broke. That makes me wonder where did the stimulus money go ? But we have seen how well these tolls work, one has to look no further than the GW Bridge in NY, that bridge collects so much money every day but yet is still maintained like 5 year old are in charge, so yes all this means is someone or some will get very rich and like the stimulus money the toll money will just disappear ( go into some crooked politicians pocket )

The cost of driving and basic travel across America is about to go up. As part of the proposed $302 billion White House Transportation bill called the GROW AMERICA Act (http://freedomoutpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DOT_surface_reauth-FINAL.pdf), the Obama Administration just reversed a long-standing federal prohibition allowing states to collect tolls on pre-existing, otherwise free interstate highways:
Though some older segments of the network — notably the Pennsylvania and New Jersey turnpikes and Interstate 95 in Maryland and Interstate 495 in Virginia — are toll roads, most of the 46,876-mile system has been toll-free.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/05/obama-proposes-allow-states-collect-tolls-interstate-highway/

Gaffer
05-02-2014, 08:54 AM
I call em TROLL roads. They want to put their trolls in place to steal... I mean take, your money. It's not about maintaining the highway. It's about another forever tax.

They may run into some problems though. The rest of the country aren't as sheeple as the east coast. Especially when you get outside of the major cities.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-02-2014, 09:11 AM
OK so it looks like it is going to cost even more money to travel. I thought back when Obama had promised the stimulus was going to take care of the infrastructure, yes we where going to have new roads and it was going to make work for America, now a few short years later we find out that the Highway Trust fun is about to go broke. That makes me wonder where did the stimulus money go ? But we have seen how well these tolls work, one has to look no further than the GW Bridge in NY, that bridge collects so much money every day but yet is still maintained like 5 year old are in charge, so yes all this means is someone or some will get very rich and like the stimulus money the toll money will just disappear ( go into some crooked politicians pocket )

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/05/obama-proposes-allow-states-collect-tolls-interstate-highway/

You slow on the uptake amigo. Haven't you heard the obama homies telling how Obama has that "stash" he sometimes dips into to give to their worthless lazy asses?
Now you can see where "dat monie cums frum " and , dat bees da truff".
So says his admirers, bots and other assorted lowlife trash that worship the lying bastard!!

Cold , hard and brutal truth= "my specialty" and I am damn proud of it.. -Tyr

NightTrain
05-02-2014, 01:56 PM
We already pay a highway tax. A few of them, actually, and that's just Alaska. I'm sure you guys have more down there.

1) federal fuel tax
2) state fuel tax
3) state vehicle registration fee
4) regular tire tax and an additional studded tire tax (because those wear out the asphalt faster)
5) rental vehicle tax

I'm sure there's more but these are just off the top of my head.

I'm thinking this is just the beginning of "I'll have more flexibility after the election".... I cringe to think of what's in store for us after the elections this fall.

aboutime
05-02-2014, 07:05 PM
OBAMA doesn't have the power to TELL THE STATES what to do.

In fact. It's actually the OTHER WAY AROUND.

Reminder. EXECUTIVE, LEGISLATIVE, JUDICIAL...arranged that way in the Constitution for a reason.