PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar nails it

jimnyc
05-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Like I said, he fully disagrees with what Sterling said, but doesn't want to forget the weasel who illegally recorded him within his own home.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar fully supports Adam Silver’s lifetime ban of Clippers owner Donald Sterling for making racist comments to his girlfriend, but he says he also wants whoever is responsible for taping the comments “sent to prison.”

Writing in a strongly worded editorial piece for Time magazine, Abdul-Jabbar spoke out against the methods used to obtain evidence.

“Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?” Abdul-Jabbar wrote in Time. “Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way?”

As the Daily News’ legal analyst, New York lawyer Tom Harvey, has pointed out this week, the recording released by TMZ last weekend in which Sterling answers questions by his girlfriend in blatantly racist terms, was probably illegally recorded, especially if the tape was made in California, a state in which both parties must know they are being recorded.

Abdul-Jabbar takes a hard stand on the issue.

Citing a series of lawsuits against Sterling charging discrimination as the real proof of Sterling’s racist views, Abdul-Jabbar decries the fact that Sterling was recorded, ostensibly without his knowledge.

“And now,” writes Abdul-Jabbar in Time, “the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend by now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out.

“She was like a sexy nanny playing ‘pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.’ She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.”

Abdul-Jabbar goes on to say the media “caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/abdul-jabbar-taped-sterling-prison-article-1.1775937#ixzz30aO0Dnf1

Trigg
05-02-2014, 02:15 PM
honestly with the fact that taping someone in Cali is illegal I'm surprised the guy didn't just say "it wasn't me".

I'm with Kareem, whoever did the taping needs jail time. Good for him for stating his oppinions

aboutime
05-02-2014, 06:28 PM
ALL OF THIS is nothing more than the TYPICAL, OFFICIAL agenda used by certain members of the DOWNTRODDEN Minority Americans...most of whom earn MORE than many American Towns collect in taxes each year.

GRANTED. The man said some really disgusting things. But...what everyone except JABBAR has been ignoring is...THE WOMAN WHO TAPED HIM broke the law.

And in today's STUPID, IGNORANT, DUMB, WHINY WORLD OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

It no longer matters what ANYONE Might say. SOMEONE will, and must be OFFENDED.

SO....To all of those who are so easily OFFENDED..........

"SCREW YOU!" "EAT MY SHORTS" "KISS MY ASS".

Come back when you Grow Up, and have a Brain.

jafar00
05-02-2014, 09:01 PM
I just fainted.

The "usual suspects" agreeing with a Muslim for the first time. Wonders will never cease.

jimnyc
05-03-2014, 05:41 AM
I just fainted.

The "usual suspects" agreeing with a Muslim for the first time. Wonders will never cease.

When have I disagreed with a peaceful muslim who wasn't preaching the Quran to me? I don't disagree with "muslims", but rather violence, abuse or terrorism. I didn't agree with this man because he was muslim either, but rather because he was one of the best ballplayers of all time and extremely well respected throughout the league, and of course because his opinion mirrored mine.

Gunny
05-03-2014, 09:05 AM
When have I disagreed with a peaceful muslim who wasn't preaching the Quran to me? I don't disagree with "muslims", but rather violence, abuse or terrorism. I didn't agree with this man because he was muslim either, but rather because he was one of the best ballplayers of all time and extremely well respected throughout the league, and of course because his opinion mirrored mine.

I agree with him because he's right. His religion is irrelevant. Until the usual suspects drag it into the fray.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Kareem was right. Kareem being Muslim has no bearing on his being right. The Sterling guy is a jerk but its America and he has that right. At least he did until lately and the new Obama world came to be. A world where punishment is meted out to anybody anytime it serves a diversionary purpose and feeds the new beast..-Tyr

aboutime
05-03-2014, 01:43 PM
I just fainted.

jafar. It's a wonder you aren't in a constant, perpetual coma. We were agreeing with his opinion, NOT because of his religious background as you WOULD PREFER.

That's the difference jafar. You are so brainwashed into always hiding behind a false Prophet. You are incapable of recognizing Honor, or Truth unless it is YOUR version.

jafar00
05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Kareem was right. Kareem being Muslim has no bearing on his being right. The Sterling guy is a jerk but its America and he has that right. At least he did until lately and the new Obama world came to be. A world where punishment is meted out to anybody anytime it serves a diversionary purpose and feeds the new beast..-Tyr

From what I heard on the news, this only got out because of a gold digging, young ex girlfriend who didn't get enough of a payout. How can it be compared to NSA spying?

jimnyc
05-04-2014, 06:26 AM
From what I heard on the news, this only got out because of a gold digging, young ex girlfriend who didn't get enough of a payout. How can it be compared to NSA spying?

Believe it or not, I'm not so sure she is an ex yet, even after all of that. She "claims" she is not the one who leaked the audio. She also spoke out about how he's feeling about various things. I gotta wonder how she knows this stuff if she wasn't seeing/talking to him.

But definitely a gold digger. She has VERY expensive cars from him and a condo I believe. The wife was suing her even before this happened, as she believes marital funds were used to pay for his little whore and she wants it back.

And someone needs to go a step further, now that she committed a crime in which lead to the downfall of this man, whether he was wrong in his words or not. I'm sure we ALL have opinions behind our own 4 walls.

DragonStryk72
05-04-2014, 10:55 PM

Over here, we have the Right to Privacy, meaning that, without a court order, nobody can violate your privacy. The NSA actually was recording a crap ton of people without warrants or evidence, and it's no less illegal for them to do than ordinary citizens.

It also doesn't particularly matter if she put the recording out there, because the sheer act of recording the conversation was illegal to begin with.

namvet
05-05-2014, 04:18 PM
he's fighting cancer. and seems to be losing

ESPN (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10871033/los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-cancer)