PDA

View Full Version : Lost weight recently

jimnyc
05-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I've been in a manic stage, or bipolar high period, going on about 3 months now or so. At first I was just a little more alert than usual, perhaps feeling anxious and a little more creative. But in the past 3 weeks or so it has really elevated. I only need a few hours of sleep per night and wake up like I drank coffee overnight. Pacing all day long with very little appetite. It's not a bad feeling, but does feel like I had coffee, red bull or similar. But sometimes after awhile enough is enough, and I just want to relax and watch TV, but it's hard if your body and mind are racing a mile per minute.

The good part is that I lost about 10lbs or so in the past month. The bad news is that I'll likely put it back on as soon as this goes away. The bad news is that it can last anywhere from weeks to months. I've never had this last more than a few weeks before, so this is all new territory for me.

fj1200
05-06-2014, 09:30 AM
... this is all new territory for me.

Perhaps you are getting ready to attain a higher level of consciousness. If so, welcome.

:poke:

jafar00
05-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Remember the Ketogenic diet I told you about before Jim? The one with more benefits for you apart from just weight loss?

http://i.imgur.com/yygpuTll.png

That took me 18 months without setting foot in the gym and I have no desire to go back to eating the food that made me fat again.

jimnyc
05-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Remember the Ketogenic diet I told you about before Jim? The one with more benefits for you apart from just weight loss?

http://i.imgur.com/yygpuTll.png

That took me 18 months without setting foot in the gym and I have no desire to go back to eating the food that made me fat again.

Why diet? I can just be sick for awhile and lose weight that way! LOL I honestly haven't made any changes, but I did bookmark 2 sites on the subject thanks to you. Maybe down the road...

Jeff
05-07-2014, 07:08 AM
James you are fixing to take a trip, a lot of people get very anxious when taking a trip and the symptoms you have fit the bill, by the time you get down here you will have calmed down and I will get you to a good BBQ place so you can gain that weight back quickly :laugh:

jafar00
05-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Why diet? I can just be sick for awhile and lose weight that way! LOL I honestly haven't made any changes, but I did bookmark 2 sites on the subject thanks to you. Maybe down the road...

But it's not "a" diet. It's a change of eating.

When I can have a nice, juicy steak with eggs and a salad drenched in full fat Ranch without feeling guilty and Strawberries and Cream is now a health food. You can understand why I don't want to go back to what I ate before ;)