PDA

View Full Version : Monster traffic jams expected in southern Calif during Obama visit May 7-9

Little-Acorn
05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
The President is coming to southern California this week, and most of the cities involved can pretty much expect to come to a stop while he's here.

No one begrudges him the security he needs, there are enough insane whackos around to make it necessary. His job is to do the business of the nation, and if huge traffic jams result, them's the breaks.

The business for which much of southern Calif will be jammed to a stop this time?

Three fundraisers for the Democrat party.

First stop is a fundraiser in Bel Air, where various Democrat fat cats will come with open wallets. Then a speech in the Beverly Hills Hilton. Then down to a fundraiser in La Jolla, a few miles from me in San Diego. $32K per ticket. I guess my invitation must have been lost in the mail. An evening's rest after doing all that hard work for the nation, then back to DC, I assume.

The traffic will be miserable, for days on end. But the nation needs its President, what with our foreign policy in tatters, Obama preparing for his cooperation with Congress, the IRS cracking down on Republicans who dare oppose, Americans dropping out of the work force in numbers not seen since, well, ever, and citizens being kicked off their health insurance by the millions. At least we can be sure Mr. Obama is taking care of all that.

And so we'll bear up under the monster traffic jams, knowing it's all for a good cause for the United States of America.

--------------------------------------------

http://therightscoop.com/obama-jam-los-angeles-bracing-for-extreme-congestion-as-obama-motorcade-arrives-during-rush-hour/

“Obama Jam” – Los Angeles bracing for “EXTREME” congestion as Obama motorcade arrives during rush hour

Posted on May 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM in Politics | 12 Comments
By The Right Scoop

The west side of Los Angeles, known for having traffic problems, is bracing for what they say will be “extreme” traffic congestion as Obama and his presidential motorcade arrives during the afternoon rush hour.

aboutime
05-07-2014, 05:53 PM
The President is coming to southern California this week, and most of the cities involved can pretty much expect to come to a stop while he's here.

No one begrudges him the security he needs, there are enough insane whackos around to make it necessary. His job is to do the business of the nation, and if huge traffic jams result, them's the breaks.

The business for which much of southern Calif will be jammed to a stop this time?

Three fundraisers for the Democrat party.

First stop is a fundraiser in Bel Air, where various Democrat fat cats will come with open wallets. Then a speech in the Beverly Hills Hilton. Then down to a fundraiser in La Jolla, a few miles from me in San Diego. $32K per ticket. I guess my invitation must have been lost in the mail. An evening's rest after doing all that hard work for the nation, then back to DC, I assume.

The traffic will be miserable, for days on end. But the nation needs its President, what with our foreign policy in tatters, Obama preparing for his cooperation with Congress, the IRS cracking down on Republicans who dare oppose, Americans dropping out of the work force in numbers not seen since, well, ever, and citizens being kicked off their health insurance by the millions. At least we can be sure Mr. Obama is taking care of all that.

And so we'll bear up under the monster traffic jams, knowing it's all for a good cause for the United States of America.

--------------------------------------------

http://therightscoop.com/obama-jam-los-angeles-bracing-for-extreme-congestion-as-obama-motorcade-arrives-during-rush-hour/

“Obama Jam” – Los Angeles bracing for “EXTREME” congestion as Obama motorcade arrives during rush hour

Posted on May 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM in Politics | 12 Comments
By The Right Scoop

The west side of Los Angeles, known for having traffic problems, is bracing for what they say will be “extreme” traffic congestion as Obama and his presidential motorcade arrives during the afternoon rush hour.

IRONIC. If Obama was doing the nation's business. He would stay in Washington, and stop pretending to be somebody important who can raise money, and Lie.

gabosaurus
05-07-2014, 07:58 PM
You people are really stretching. In Los Angeles, there are monster traffic jams EVERY SINGLE DAY. :rolleyes:

Jeff
05-08-2014, 06:45 AM
You people are really stretching. In Los Angeles, there are monster traffic jams EVERY SINGLE DAY. :rolleyes:

As I read the title I thought God it can't get any worse :laugh: Gabby is exactly right and I have sat in the monster traffic jams there on a normal day.

jimnyc
05-08-2014, 08:16 AM
You should see NYC when any president comes to town. Other than pedestrians, everything else comes to a standstill. Clinton came to town once I recall and it was like dinner time, so when I got out of work I had to walk the entire trip to Grand Central instead of my cab ride. I say make the bastards use Skype! :)