PDA

View Full Version : Q: How do we pay off the Natl Debt? A: We inflate it away!

Little-Acorn
05-09-2014, 04:33 PM
We haven't paid off a dime of the National Debt since before WWII.

(Well, I lied, there were a few years in the mid 1950s when the Natl Debt went down, from $274 billion to $270 billion, we paid off a whopping 1-1/2% of it before it shot back up the following year and has never come down again)

People thought $270 billion was huge, back then. Now it's $17 *trillion*.

So how come we aren't fiscally dead and buried by now? Easy. We made each dollar, worth a lot less. So the VALUE we now owe, is a lot less than it would have been. Neat trick, eh?

If you're wondering whose pocket all the VALUE vanished from to "pay off" the Natl Debt, consider the guy who saved up $15,000 in 1950. That was enough to buy ten pretty good, brand new cars then. If he saved it until now, it would be barely enough to buy one new car, and a cheap one at that.

That's the guy who paid off the National Debt. Him and his friends. And he probably didn't even realize he was doing it. And he's probably wondering why he can only buy one new car now instead of ten. Where did the other nine cars go?

If you're wondering if we are going to see inflation or deflation soon, the answer is: If we see any deflation at all, it won't last long. We've got a TON more debt to pay off. So we'll see almost entirely INflation, as far as the eye can see, from now on. It's the only way to pay it off.

And if you were wise enough to follow your grandfather's advice and save your money... YOU ar the one who will pay. Kiss most of your savings good-bye. Sucker.

Have you ever wondered why the government has never put a tax on savings and wealth?

Ha ha, fooled you. They HAVE put a tax on wealth, and it's been going for decades. It's called Inflation. And YOU have been paying it. That's why you're not rich now. Sucker.

aboutime
05-09-2014, 05:41 PM
We haven't paid off a dime of the National Debt since before WWII.

(Well, I lied, there were a few years in the mid 1950s when the Natl Debt went down, from $274 billion to $270 billion, we paid off a whopping 1-1/2% of it before it shot back up the following year and has never come down again)

People thought $270 billion was huge, back then. Now it's $17 *trillion*.

So how come we aren't fiscally dead and buried by now? Easy. We made each dollar, worth a lot less. So the VALUE we now owe, is a lot less than it would have been. Neat trick, eh?

If you're wondering whose pocket all the VALUE vanished from to "pay off" the Natl Debt, consider the guy who saved up $15,000 in 1950. That was enough to buy ten pretty good, brand new cars then. If he saved it until now, it would be barely enough to buy one new car, and a cheap one at that.

That's the guy who paid off the National Debt. Him and his friends. And he probably didn't even realize he was doing it. And he's probably wondering why he can only buy one new car now instead of ten. Where did the other nine cars go?

If you're wondering if we are going to see inflation or deflation soon, the answer is: If we see any deflation at all, it won't last long. We've got a TON more debt to pay off. So we'll see almost entirely INflation, as far as the eye can see, from now on. It's the only way to pay it off.

And if you were wise enough to follow your grandfather's advice and save your money... YOU ar the one who will pay. Kiss most of your savings good-bye. Sucker.

Have you ever wondered why the government has never put a tax on savings and wealth?

Ha ha, fooled you. They HAVE put a tax on wealth, and it's been going for decades. It's called Inflation. And YOU have been paying it. That's why you're not rich now. Sucker.

Little-Acorn. Funny and odd as this may sound. My father used to ask the same question...in a way, when I was just a teenager. And, as I remember it. He explained that "As long as them Bastard Politicians know they can PRINT as much money as they need. There will always be a national debt...WE HAVE TO PAY FOR!"

Today, we call it inflation, or any of the other Politically Correct talking point excuses politicians come up with in their endless LIES for votes.

jafar00
05-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Well, they could attack the elderly, sick, students and struggling families by adding a new National Debt Tax, raise fuel excise etc... like they are here.
Next year I not only lose out because of inflation, but I also get slugged with unnecessary taxes.

Think yourself lucky your govt is not attacking you directly to pay for years of economic mis-management and war.

aboutime
05-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Well, they could attack the elderly, sick, students and struggling families by adding a new National Debt Tax, raise fuel excise etc... like they are here.
Next year I not only lose out because of inflation, but I also get slugged with unnecessary taxes.

Think yourself lucky your govt is not attacking you directly to pay for years of economic mis-management and war.

Oh, but they are jafar. Parents, and Grandparents must find ways to BAIL OUT their children, and grand children who are presently...all in DEBT up to almost 60K U.S.Dollars...before they are old enough to read, or work.

fj1200
05-10-2014, 01:34 PM

Are you suggesting that inflation is caused by excess debt levels? Are you also suggesting that the Federal Reserve is going to create an inflationary path to allow us to "pay off our debt"?