PDA

View Full Version : Serving no purpose

tailfins
05-12-2014, 10:23 AM
My project has been cancelled. The Director, knowing I can't move until my kids school's out was nice enough to keep me around five more weeks. My only job now is to be seen and not heard. It's going to be a long five weeks.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-14-2014, 10:31 AM
My project has been cancelled. The Director, knowing I can't move until my kids school's out was nice enough to keep me around five more weeks. My only job now is to be seen and not heard. It's going to be a long five weeks.

Paid for doing nothing!!!!
Wow, you are now an honorary dem freebie taker. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

How soon until you start buying your cold 40'S AND START LOUNGING ON YOUR FRONT PORCH ? And blasting dumbass hip hop, rap crap?? :poke: -Tyr

tailfins
05-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Paid for doing nothing!!!!
Wow, you are now an honorary dem freebie taker. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

How soon until you start buying your cold 40'S AND START LOUNGING ON YOUR FRONT PORCH ? And blasting dumbass hip hop, rap crap?? :poke: -Tyr

Doing nothing is much more difficult than doing something. It's actually more tiring.

gabosaurus
05-14-2014, 01:59 PM
My only job now is to be seen and not heard.

So you are going to be a woman for a while? Welcome to the other side. :cool:

tailfins
05-14-2014, 02:09 PM
So you are going to be a woman for a while? Welcome to the other side. :cool:

I knew I could count on your experience. So how does one get used to accomplishing nothing so the time doesn't drag? I'm not very good at that; I know you are.

gabosaurus
05-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I knew I could count on your experience. So how does one get used to accomplishing nothing so the time doesn't drag? I'm not very good at that; I know you are.

I actually have two full-time jobs. What about yourself?

tailfins
05-14-2014, 05:19 PM

Is your home life THAT disagreeable? You already said you didn't need the money. And you may have two full time jobs, but you say nothing about accomplishing anything. I'm walking in your shoes for a short time. I figured this was one of those rare occasions where your experience might come in handy. How do you sharpen your loafing skills?

NightTrain
05-14-2014, 06:43 PM

Sorry to hear that, man.

And you're right... the longest days at work are those when you're not busy.

At least you've got 5 weeks of looking for another gig, right?

aboutime
05-14-2014, 07:00 PM

Tell us gabby. How much does a DOUBLE-TROLL earn at those two jobs?