PDA

View Full Version : Federal agents fence off water for cattle - to protect a jumping mouse

Little-Acorn
05-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Illegal aliens walking across the border, driving drunk, killing people etc., no big deal.

But by God, we're not going to let those cattle drink from a stream where a mouse lives!

We are the GOVERNMENT!!!

-------------------------------------

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/11/the-feds-next-land-fight-new-mexico-ranchers-anger/#ixzz31YJuqOVc

Feds rile ranchers by fencing off water for cattle — to protect a jumping mouse!

Forest Service says it’s mouse habitat

By Valerie Richardson
The Washington Times
Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Obama administration’s crackdown on Western land use has sparked a furor over the Forest Service’s decision to fence off a creek used by thirsty cattle in drought-stricken Otero County, New Mexico.

The Otero County Commission is scheduled to meet Monday to discuss whether to order the sheriff to open the gates against the wishes of Forest Service officials, who have argued that the fence is needed to protect the Agua Chiquita riparian area and habitat for the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse.

fj1200
05-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Illegal aliens walking across the border, driving drunk, killing people etc., no big deal.

Do you suggest the Forest Services folks go protect the border?

Gaffer
05-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Do you suggest the Forest Services folks go protect the border?

Maybe they could fence off the area where the illegals are coming in. I'm sure there are rodents and other critters the illegals are endangering. :poke:

NightTrain
05-15-2014, 02:04 AM
I knew this was the kind of bizarre things we'd be seeing under the Dear Leader.

fj1200
05-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Maybe they could fence off the area where the illegals are coming in. I'm sure there are rodents and other critters the illegals are endangering. :poke:

That idea has some possibilities.

I knew this was the kind of bizarre things we'd be seeing under the Dear Leader.

This sort of thing isn't related to BO screwing everything else up.

NightTrain
05-15-2014, 09:42 AM
This sort of thing isn't related to BO screwing everything else up.

I liked the Presidential notion of "The Buck Stops Here."

fj1200
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I liked the Presidential notion of "The Buck Stops Here."

I honestly hope any POTUS is utterly unaware of the plight of a mouse, either for or against.

NightTrain
05-15-2014, 03:14 PM
I honestly hope any POTUS is utterly unaware of the plight of a mouse, either for or against.

Hard to say if he is... but I'd put $100 to a doughnut that if the Sierra Club asked him about it that he'd come up with something.

It's his EPA, BLM and NPS - it's on him to reign in his nutjobs worrying about mice, tortoises and shrubs that need cuddling.

Yeah Nope
05-15-2014, 03:25 PM

He seems pretty much unaware of anything beyond his own corrupt ideology.

fj1200
05-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Hard to say if he is... but I'd put $100 to a doughnut that if the Sierra Club asked him about it that he'd come up with something.

It's his EPA, BLM and NPS - it's on him to reign in his nutjobs worrying about mice, tortoises and shrubs that need cuddling.

But the ESA is established law, presuming that's their basis. And I'll take that action.

NightTrain
05-15-2014, 04:14 PM
But the ESA is established law, presuming that's their basis. And I'll take that action.

With the amount of pandering that goes on between environmental hippie groups and the democrats, that doughnut is as good as mine.

I assume you mean Endangered Species Act?

After learning about the EPA putting those tortoises on that list during the Bundy incident and then finding out that the EPA were killing them off themselves, I think there may be some very large flaws in that entire program.

All bullshit aside, really who gives a damn about the New Mexico jumping mouse? And how the hell can they possibly even count those mice? It sounds a lot like a made up excuse just like the Bundy/Tortoise thing for the Feds to create an issue to lock up land & water resources to further one of their projects or just an outright land grab.

NightTrain
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Oh, and my mailing address is : P.O. Box 874952, Wasilla, AK 99687.

I like the chocolate covered ones with those multi-covered sprinkles on it.

DragonStryk72
05-15-2014, 06:44 PM

But by God, we're not going to let those cattle drink from a stream where a mouse lives!

We are the GOVERNMENT!!!

-------------------------------------

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/11/the-feds-next-land-fight-new-mexico-ranchers-anger/#ixzz31YJuqOVc

Feds rile ranchers by fencing off water for cattle — to protect a jumping mouse!

Forest Service says it’s mouse habitat

By Valerie Richardson
The Washington Times
Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Obama administration’s crackdown on Western land use has sparked a furor over the Forest Service’s decision to fence off a creek used by thirsty cattle in drought-stricken Otero County, New Mexico.

The Otero County Commission is scheduled to meet Monday to discuss whether to order the sheriff to open the gates against the wishes of Forest Service officials, who have argued that the fence is needed to protect the Agua Chiquita riparian area and habitat for the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse.

Weird, you'd think the mice would just jump out of the way.

fj1200
05-16-2014, 07:18 AM
With the amount of pandering that goes on between environmental hippie groups and the democrats, that doughnut is as good as mine.

I assume you mean Endangered Species Act?

After learning about the EPA putting those tortoises on that list during the Bundy incident and then finding out that the EPA were killing them off themselves, I think there may be some very large flaws in that entire program.

All bullshit aside, really who gives a damn about the New Mexico jumping mouse? And how the hell can they possibly even count those mice? It sounds a lot like a made up excuse just like the Bundy/Tortoise thing for the Feds to create an issue to lock up land & water resources to further one of their projects or just an outright land grab.

Yes, that ESA. And the problem is any Federal program has years of momentum behind it making what they did as the normal course, as in it takes no Executive intervention for it to occur. And the bet was BO, not the Dems. :slap: Maybe I'll wait for one of those silly on-line Q&A's he does and submit the question... A Benji in my pocket methinks. :dance:

Oh, and my mailing address is : P.O. Box 874952, Wasilla, AK 99687.

I like the chocolate covered ones with those multi-covered sprinkles on it.

I'll gladly buy you a doughnut though but you'll either have to come get it or wait until 2019. ;) Would you like me to buy it now and put it aside? Bad idea that, I'll just eat it and it's 11 brothers along with it. :cool:

DragonStryk72
05-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Yes, that ESA. And the problem is any Federal program has years of momentum behind it making what they did as the normal course, as in it takes no Executive intervention for it to occur. And the bet was BO, not the Dems. :slap: Maybe I'll wait for one of those silly on-line Q&A's he does and submit the question... A Benji in my pocket methinks. :dance:

I'll gladly buy you a doughnut though but you'll either have to come get it or wait until 2019. ;) Would you like me to buy it now and put it aside? Bad idea that, I'll just eat it and it's 11 brothers along with it. :cool:

Yeah, it basically started off good, but since no restrictions are really placed on it (Like say, you can't protect one animal to the point that other animals are going to die off because of it), the ESA has gotten way out of hand. I mean, basically, one instance of an endangered species, and progress dead halts. You can't even move most of them legally so that you can use the land. It's just suddenly forbidden territory.

And then, of course, politicians learned they could use it as a truncheon, and the real games began.