PDA

View Full Version : My necklace broke

jimnyc
05-18-2014, 12:55 PM
We stopped for gas one last time yesterday. Then I used the facilities. I felt my necklace come apart and I pulled up my shirt to see what was up. Just then I noticed it was fully apart, and one of the charms fell off, hit the floor just one time, and bounced into a drain pipe and I heard *bloop* as it went further down into the water. This charm was of a little boy, with the letter J on there for my son, with a small diamond next to the letter. I suppose I could have pleaded with a worker there to help retrieve it, but don't even know if it would have been possible as the drain was into the ground and fairly inaccessible even if the small drain cover were removed.

I had a cross on there too which was missing. I went back to where I had just pumped the gas and found it lying on the cement there, no damage at all. So that was a bit of a relief.

And at least I didn't lost the real kid. (he wasn't with me)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-18-2014, 01:06 PM
We stopped for gas one last time yesterday. Then I used the facilities. I felt my necklace come apart and I pulled up my shirt to see what was up. Just then I noticed it was fully apart, and one of the charms fell off, hit the floor just one time, and bounced into a drain pipe and I heard *bloop* as it went further down into the water. This charm was of a little boy, with the letter J on there for my son, with a small diamond next to the letter. I suppose I could have pleaded with a worker there to help retrieve it, but don't even know if it would have been possible as the drain was into the ground and fairly inaccessible even if the small drain cover were removed.

I had a cross on there too which was missing. I went back to where I had just pumped the gas and found it lying on the cement there, no damage at all. So that was a bit of a relief.

And at least I didn't lost the real kid. (he wasn't with me)

Sorry to hear that. When married to my first wife I got into a fight outside the club, when they pulled me off the guy I struggled to keep stomping him. As I did somehow they guys pulling me away pulled on my arms and hands so hard that my custom made wedding ring slung off into the snow. I didn't discover that until next morning. Drove early morn to the club and searched for about two hours but no luck.. Even went back about week later when all snow had melt way , never found it but somebody did and made a pretty profit from it..
Suxs big time and my wife(first wife) did not give me any grief over it. Which greatly lessened the loss..-Tyr