PDA

View Full Version : Israel's "Kitty Corner Shot" technology

NightTrain
05-18-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing that it's a whole lot more dangerous to be a cat around any palestinian these days.

Came across this on the interwebs on Cracked... pretty damned ingenious by the Israelis!

So you make it out of the building and are now walking through an urban war zone, gunshots echoing in the distance. You reach a corner leading into an alley. Being the cautious soldier that you are, you hunker down, ready for anything that might spring out. You see movement and take aim ...
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6090&stc=1

Whew, it's just a cat. You let down your guard. Wait ... why isn't it moving? Why does it have that dead look in its eyes? And then you hear a BANG. You have been killed by the Kitty Corner Shot.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6091&stc=1

The trick is that the front part of the gun bends sideways, with a sighting system that doesn't require you to lean out with it. So if you're shooting from behind a corner, all the enemy sees is a cat. An innocent, dead-eyed, freakishly long-legged, sometimes floating-above-the-ground cat. As ridiculous as this sounds, the logic behind it is pretty solid -- when you're in the battlefield, one second can make the difference between life and death. The split second your enemy spends looking at that cat doll, wondering what the holy fuck is going on, can make that difference.

We know what you're thinking: By that logic, you could strap a Joan Rivers mask to the front of the gun, and it would still get the enemy's attention. This is true, but you also need to use something that the other soldier won't instinctively want to open fire on.

And if you think no soldier would carry a weapon like this for fear of looking like a pansy -- well, the kitty corner shot was actually created by the Israeli Special Forces during one of their operations (according to this segment on future weapons by the Discovery Channel). These are the same guys who make The Expendables look like The Golden Girls.

Also, this thing is actually pretty creepy when you consider that every time you shoot it, part of the cat's face gets blown off, disfiguring it beyond recognition.

The genius of this weapon is that there is no way to adapt to it. You can't just go around blowing away every kitten that comes along. Just look at this adorable little guy ...
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6092&stc=1

Bang! You're dead.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18883_6-new-weapons-that-are-making-war-look-like-cartoon.html

jafar00
05-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Now they can make the children come closer so they can get a better shot. What an advancement in weaponry.

NightTrain
05-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Now they can make the children come closer so they can get a better shot. What an advancement in weaponry.

Instead of pretending that the Jews get their jollies by killing children, why don't you do something useful?

For instance, this thread has MANY questions you have yet to respond to : http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?45609-66-years-ago-today

In fact, this will all tie in nicely with your bullshit propaganda that you love so much.

jafar00
05-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Instead of pretending that the Jews get their jollies by killing children, why don't you do something useful?

For instance, this thread has MANY questions you have yet to respond to : http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?45609-66-years-ago-today

In fact, this will all tie in nicely with your bullshit propaganda that you love so much.

Israel is out of control and you know it. Stop trying to change the subject.

NightTrain
05-18-2014, 11:11 PM

That thread is entirely about Israel.

Answer the questions instead of hiding.

NightTrain
05-19-2014, 12:02 AM

I know nothing of the sort.

In fact, any honest and informed person would say they've shown remarkable restraint over the years.

You can bet your last falafel that if I were in charge, Israel would no longer have any more problems with those displaced Syrians, Lebanese, Egyptians and Jordanians.

But I'll wait for you to answer the many questions posed to you about Israel and the 'palestinians' and wait for your educated, honest and thoughtful responses that you're known for.

Oh yeah, Jafar, that thread was : http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?45609-66-years-ago-today

Just in case you forgot.

jimnyc
05-19-2014, 06:41 AM

For every child you can find and claim that was "purposely" used or killed by Israel, I could do 10 by Hamas. Yet you only try and condemn one doing so in an unsolicited manner. I think EITHER side should be condemned if they are caught with irrefutable evidence killing a child or using one as a pawn in war. Oddly though, I don't see you condemning the advancement in weaponry from Hamas - when they strap bombs on children, or use them as human shields right after they shoot rockets into Israel, and blindly no less.

Drummond
05-19-2014, 02:33 PM
For every child you can find and claim that was "purposely" used or killed by Israel, I could do 10 by Hamas. Yet you only try and condemn one doing so in an unsolicited manner. I think EITHER side should be condemned if they are caught with irrefutable evidence killing a child or using one as a pawn in war. Oddly though, I don't see you condemning the advancement in weaponry from Hamas - when they strap bombs on children, or use them as human shields right after they shoot rockets into Israel, and blindly no less.

The tragedy is (.. or could very well be ..) that Israeli security forces might, in extreme circumstances, be forced to open fire on the very children you have in mind .. those with bombs strapped to them. Hamas, 'nice people' that they are, might force that choice on an Israeli who needs to protect innocent citizens from the deadly potential the child would have.

I hope that Jafar wouldn't blame the Israeli from acting to protect innocents from such a threat .. if he had to.

jafar00
05-19-2014, 04:09 PM
For every child you can find and claim that was "purposely" used or killed by Israel, I could do 10 by Hamas.

Eh? The balance of death tolls leans firmly towards Israel. They have killed way more Palestinians in cold blood.

NightTrain
05-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Eh? The balance of death tolls leans firmly towards Israel. They have killed way more Palestinians in cold blood.

You're full of shit.

Prove it.

NightTrain
05-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Jafar, you disappoint me with your cowardice.

Anyhoo, here's something that will cheer up everyone in the Middle East, and even you Jafar! Israel is at the top of the list to get our new Sniper Bomb:

Apparently it's no longer okay to just flatten a whole city because there might be a few soldiers holed up there. So, you're a savvy terrorist group, and you've set your base up in a building nestled between an orphanage and a kitten factory.

Unfortunately for you, the U.S. Air Force has been testing what are called "Focused Lethality Munitions," or sniper bombs. They are being designed to drop out of bombers, fighter aircraft or even drones, use GPS to guide them to their target, and then kill everyone inside the building without so much as rattling the windows of nearby structures. No word on whether a pleasant female voice announces "you have arrived at your destination" before blowing everything to hell.

The sniper bomb's warhead consists of a "multiphase-blast explosive fill" made of DIME (Dense Inert Metal Explosive). The number of letters it takes just to name the blow-uppy parts is testament to how scary this thing is. Instead of a normal explosive wrapped in a crunchy shell of steel, it is held together by a carbon composite that murders everything in the room without harming the structure of the building.

The next week, the landlord can just rent that gently-used building to somebody else.

CSM
05-20-2014, 06:16 AM
Jafar, you disappoint me with your cowardice.

Anyhoo, here's something that will cheer up everyone in the Middle East, and even you Jafar! Israel is at the top of the list to get our new Sniper Bomb:

Apparently it's no longer okay to just flatten a whole city because there might be a few soldiers holed up there. So, you're a savvy terrorist group, and you've set your base up in a building nestled between an orphanage and a kitten factory.

Unfortunately for you, the U.S. Air Force has been testing what are called "Focused Lethality Munitions," or sniper bombs. They are being designed to drop out of bombers, fighter aircraft or even drones, use GPS to guide them to their target, and then kill everyone inside the building without so much as rattling the windows of nearby structures. No word on whether a pleasant female voice announces "you have arrived at your destination" before blowing everything to hell.

The sniper bomb's warhead consists of a "multiphase-blast explosive fill" made of DIME (Dense Inert Metal Explosive). The number of letters it takes just to name the blow-uppy parts is testament to how scary this thing is. Instead of a normal explosive wrapped in a crunchy shell of steel, it is held together by a carbon composite that murders everything in the room without harming the structure of the building.

The next week, the landlord can just rent that gently-used building to somebody else.

After painting the walls of course.

jimnyc
05-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Israel is out of control? LOL And I suppose the entire world is somehow in on it? LOL The respect for Israel is 50,000,000,000 more than for the terrorists running Palestine and ruining any chance of peace. While you condemn Israel every time, you don't like to acknowledge that those in charge over in Palestine would rather see dead Jewish people and Jew blood flowing instead of ever negotiating for any type of peace. Won't even go to the table. Sad and deranged and sick individuals.

Drummond
05-20-2014, 02:29 PM
The Palestinians are 'teaming up' more completely with Hamas than ever before. Hamas has a core objective in its Charter requiring Hamas to be dedicated to Israel's extermination.

Israel has no such agenda where Palestinians are concerned (.. nor Gaza). If they DID have, they could make good on it any time they chose.

So there's one key difference, right there. And yet, to Jafar, it's ISRAEL which should get the lion's share of 'blame game' culpability ???