PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party suffers huge losses in May primaries

gabosaurus
05-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Their 15 minutes of fame is almost up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/21/the-tea-party-isnt-just-losing-its-losing-badly/

fj1200
05-22-2014, 04:12 PM
^False premise. You assume that they need to win elections to move the window.

tailfins
05-22-2014, 04:27 PM
I saw an IN DEPTH analysis calling this more of a merger than a take over. The non TEA Party candidates have incorporated TEA party issues. The TEA Party continues on as a subsidiary of the GOP. They don't need to field candiates of existing elected officals advance their cause.

fj1200
05-22-2014, 04:29 PM
The Libertarians would kill for Tea Party type of irrelevance.

aboutime
05-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Their 15 minutes of fame is almost up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/21/the-tea-party-isnt-just-losing-its-losing-badly/

Gabby. Good to see you falling for that typical, liberal, 'WISHFUL THINKING' idea from the DNC and Debby Wasshername Schultz.

In fact. You remind me of someone else who believed the same kinds of things. And his name was NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN.

I know you are smart enough to know who HE was. At least you brag that you are.

gabosaurus
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
I saw an IN DEPTH analysis calling this more of a merger than a take over. The non TEA Party candidates have incorporated TEA party issues. The TEA Party continues on as a subsidiary of the GOP. They don't need to field candiates of existing elected officals advance their cause.

The Tea Party has ALWAYS been a subsidiary of the GOP. But the GOP is not going to incorporate any of their more radical ideas because it would be political suicide.

Trigg
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
The Tea Party has ALWAYS been a subsidiary of the GOP. But the GOP is not going to incorporate any of their more radical ideas because it would be political suicide.

I disagree, the tea party came about because of the disgust felt toward the RINO's. The GOP elite would have been very happy, had the tea party never existed.

Politicians tend to think the citizens on the East and West coasts represent the entire population. The middle of the country is kind of written off as unimportant. The tea party came about because SOME people actually want things to get better. We WANT a balanced budget, we WANT border security, we WANT to stop being the police force of the world. These are NOT radical ideas/

aboutime
05-22-2014, 05:56 PM
I disagree, the tea party came about because of the disgust felt toward the RINO's. The GOP elite would have been very happy, had the tea party never existed.

Politicians tend to think the citizens on the East and West coasts represent the entire population. The middle of the country is kind of written off as unimportant. The tea party came about because SOME people actually want things to get better. We WANT a balanced budget, we WANT border security, we WANT to stop being the police force of the world. These are NOT radical ideas/

Trigg. As most all of us are aware, based on past experience with liberal thinking that pretends to know everything ahead of time. Gabby is merely echoing the DNC Wishful Thinking Rant they have all been brainwashed into following. Like Nancy Pelosi has said many times...after losing some specific votes, or elections "WE STILL WON"...despite getting CREAMED.
So. Just let people like Gabby enjoy their Misery, hidden by false happiness that they are winning.
Of course they (liberals) must insist the TEA PARTY is falling apart, or failing. That's the only way they know to keep the UNDER-Educated among them...happy.