PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda terrorists at Guantanamo treated better than our vets

jimnyc
05-23-2014, 11:49 AM
President Obama finally addressed the nation Wednesday about the growing scandal at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. After meeting with VA Secretary Eric Shinseki he pledged to hold folks accountable.

Thanks, Mr. President.

By now most American have heard about the VA’s infamous patient “secret wait lists” which reportedly contributed to the deaths of up to 40 veterans in the Phoenix area alone. Those patriots were American heroes who served our country proudly. Yet they were left to die waiting to see a doctor.

--While the Gitmo ratio is 1.5 to 1, for America’s 9 million veterans receiving VA health care and 267,930 VA employees, the ratio is 35 to 1.

Here’s another secret the White House doesn’t want you to know about the VA. Al Qaeda detainees get better medical treatment than our veterans.

Say what?

Yes, it’s true. I know because I served as a Pentagon spokesman from 2005-2009 and visited Guantanamo Bay Naval Base over 30 times during those years.

Despite the fact that Al Qaeda terrorists carried out the Sept. 11 terror attacks, killing 3,000 people in America, the admitted co-conspirators and their roughly 150 fellow jihadists at Gitmo have approximately 100 doctors, nurses and health care personnel assigned to them.

Doctors and medical personnel are at their beck and call. Got a cold, a fever, a toothache, a tumor, chest or back pain, mental health issues, PTSD? No problem, come right on in. Military doctors are waiting to see you.

The VA and Gitmo eligible patient-to-health care provider ratios speak volumes.

While the Gitmo ratio is 1.5 to 1, for America’s 9 million veterans receiving VA health care and 267,930 VA employees, the ratio is 35 to 1.

But beyond the Gitmo numbers, the situation at the VA is also a bright, shining example of misguided priorities and terrible mismanagement.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/05/22/al-qaeda-terrorists-at-guantanamo-treated-better-than-our-vets/

jimnyc
05-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Here is what is on the PDF file that is linked to in the website for the prior post:

Detainee Medical Care

The Joint Medical Group (JMG) provides safe, humane, legal and transparent healthcare to detainees. The medical care provided to detainees at Guantanamo is consistent with what U.S. service members receive. JMG providers administer care to all detainees regardless of disciplinary status, level of cooperation or legal status. JMG operations are completely independent of Joint Detention Group operations.

---

http://i.imgur.com/aGYGXcD.jpg

http://www.jtfgtmo.southcom.mil/xWEBSITE/fact_sheets/medical.pdf

Drummond
05-23-2014, 01:59 PM
I hope this isn't why Obama went back on his pledge to close Gitmo !!!

aboutime
05-23-2014, 03:18 PM
I hope this isn't why Obama went back on his pledge to close Gitmo !!!

Sir Drummond. Not a surprise to me, or other Veterans. Most present day, and previous, retired veterans have little, if any, confidence in Obama. In fact. Larger numbers of American veterans today knew...from the get-go, that Obama wasn't someone AMERICANS in uniform could trust to be their leader. Obama has demonstrated that since he took office...while, at the very same time. He and his Mrs. have pretended THEY LOVE VETERANS, and OUR FORCES IN UNIFORM.

Trouble is. And Obama will never understand this. Veterans and People still serving have a keen sense of reality when it comes to anyone who claims to be their CIC, or wannabe leader.

Much like the Clinton's. The Liar factor in Democrat Politics is more pronounced in how those in Uniform...who served in their behalf while the Clinton's were in office.
Disrespect, Hatred, Anger, and literal Patronizing of everyone in Uniform was the RULE, rather than the EXCEPTION.
I know, and can say it because I personally witnessed the Clinton's disrespect aboard the U.S.S. America...during the HAITIAN crisis in the late 90's.
In fact. There are many members of the military who were also there to see just how LOUSY the Clinton's were to EVERYONE in uniform. Books have been written to back it up.
So. Anyone who thinks OBAMA and his Pride-less Mrs. actually Love the Military. Probably voted for Obama more than TWICE. The NUT didn't fall far from the ACORN tree. If you get my drift.