PDA

View Full Version : Observing Memorial Day

gabosaurus
05-25-2014, 09:39 PM
A large round of thanks for all DP members who served. I was wondering how you will be observing Memorial Day.
We always take my daughter to the parade. They we are going to a private ceremony, where my daughter will play piano and read a poem she wrote. She doesn't want me to print the entire poem here, but here is a section of it. Please bear in mind that this was written by a 7th grade student.
My daughter is quite proud of you guys. :salute:

The young and brave, they marched to war
To help protect our land
They left their families and their friends
Together they would band
Our enemies they stand no chance
When soldiers take a stand
Our troops will battle anywhere
That liberty needs a hand

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CJFmRA7ousE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-25-2014, 11:58 PM
A large round of thanks for all DP members who served. I was wondering how you will be observing Memorial Day.
We always take my daughter to the parade. They we are going to a private ceremony, where my daughter will play piano and read a poem she wrote. She doesn't want me to print the entire poem here, but here is a section of it. Please bear in mind that this was written by a 7th grade student.
My daughter is quite proud of you guys. :salute:

The young and brave, they marched to war
To help protect our land
They left their families and their friends
Together they would band
Our enemies they stand no chance
When soldiers take a stand
Our troops will battle anywhere
That liberty needs a hand

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CJFmRA7ousE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Actually that is quitter good and shows budding talent. Perhaps you should encourage your daughter to continue to write poetry. As it expands the mind, heart and soul so richly IMHO.-Tyr

Abbey Marie
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Nice work, Gabby's daughter, and your observance of Memorial Day seems just right.

jimnyc
05-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Was MIA the past few days, just wanted to say Thanks to all of our military members here, and those who cannot be here. :salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Actually that is quitter good and shows budding talent. Perhaps you should encourage your daughter to continue to write poetry. As it expands the mind, heart and soul so richly IMHO.-Tyr

Sorry, a typo in my previous post, the mistaken words-- "quitter good" --- should be--QUITE GOOD instead. Just now returned to read and saw it.

here is the correct message..

Actually that is quite good and shows budding talent. Perhaps you should encourage your daughter to continue to write poetry. As it expands the mind, heart and soul so richly IMHO-Tyr

I apologize for the mistake....