PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Sues Over Jail Uniform’s Violation of Muslim Doctrine

Jeff
05-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Only in America do we even give stuff like this a second thought, this guy was tried and convicted, he should have no rights. If he was so concerned about what he wears he shouldn't of broke the law. If he is that upset over what he can wear let him put what ever he wants on to walk to the firing range and be done with him !!!

Here is one of those shameful only in America stories: A convicted terrorist serving 20 years in a high-security Indiana facility is suing the Federal Bureau of Prisons because the mandatory jail uniform violates Muslim wardrobe rules.
Can anyone imagine this occurring in any other country? The unbelievable story comes out of the Terre Haute Federal Penitentiary (http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/thp/) in western Indiana. The facility houses 1,514 male offenders, including a convict dubbed the American Taliban. His name is John Walker Lindh and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks he was captured in Afghanistan for aiding the Taliban against United States troops.

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673%3ATopic%3A2808853&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

namvet
05-28-2014, 08:41 AM
what he bitchin' about. he gets better medical care than our vets

NightTrain
05-28-2014, 11:59 AM
I say dress that fucker up like OBL and send him in to play with the skinheads in their cell block.

He gets what he wants, we get what we want.

aboutime
05-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Only in America do we even give stuff like this a second thought, this guy was tried and convicted, he should have no rights. If he was so concerned about what he wears he shouldn't of broke the law. If he is that upset over what he can wear let him put what ever he wants on to walk to the firing range and be done with him !!!

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673%3ATopic%3A2808853&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

There is a really easy, rather simple solution to this TERRORIST's demands.

TAKE AWAY ALL OF HIS CLOTHING.

Let him please ALLAH like he pleases himself.

jafar00
05-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Naturally a tea party website will not present anything from actual Islam to counter the nonsense they wrote. If this is really what they guy thinks, that Islam forbids a man to wear pants below the ankles (and that it is obligatory to pray in a group), it really shows up how Taliban cannon fodder are really misinformed about their religion. Even a basic Islamic education is enough to know these things are not obligatory and in the case of prison pants which cannot be dragged with pride, not even a recommended action.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will not look at whoever dragged his garment out of pride.” Abű Bakr said to him: “O Messenger of Allah, my waistcloth slips down if I do not pay attention to it.” He said: “You are not one of those who do it out of pride.” [Related in full in Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5784) and partially in Sahîh Muslim (2085)]

I hold the view that the rulings against wearing clothes below the ankles (isbâl) does not apply to pants. The prohibition applies to articles of clothing like robes (thawb) and waistcloths (izâr) that go around both feet together, since it is these types of clothing that, by their nature, drag upon the ground.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever drags his garment (jarra thawbahu) out of pride…”

Pants, by their nature, are not dragged upon the ground in this matter. Therefore, the very idea of isbâl is not applicable to pants.

Those who apply the ruling to the pants consider the generality of the term “garment” (thawb). In one narration, one narrator (Shu`bah) asked his sheikh among the narrators: “Did he mention the waistcloth?” The sheikh replied: “He did not specify either a waistcloth or a shirt.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5791)]

The issue at hand is whether the word garment (thawb) is to be understood as being specified by the verb “drag” (jarra) that is connected with it. The verb jarra means “to tow, to pull or drag along.” Therefore, I hold that the ruling applies to the action of wearing garments that are dragged along behind.

Those who disagree and apply the ruling of isbâl to pants do not specify the noun “garment” by the context of the verb.

And Allah knows best.
http://en.islamtoday.net/quesshow-26-3655.htm

aboutime
05-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Naturally a tea party website will not present anything from actual Islam to counter the nonsense they wrote. If this is really what they guy thinks, that Islam forbids a man to wear pants below the ankles (and that it is obligatory to pray in a group), it really shows up how Taliban cannon fodder are really misinformed about their religion. Even a basic Islamic education is enough to know these things are not obligatory and in the case of prison pants which cannot be dragged with pride, not even a recommended action.

jafar. Unfortunately. I lost count of the number of posts you have made here...designed to DEFEND, PROTECT, and Make EXCUSES for people like criminals being held in GITMO.

You are almost certainly equal in number to the number of LIES Obama has told...thinking NOBODY would notice.

NightTrain
05-29-2014, 03:54 PM

More about that, from a non-tea party source :

Here’s a snippet from the complaint filed by Lindh’s attorneys at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU): “Yahya Lindh is Muslim and it is a clear tenet of Islam that Muslim men are prohibited from wearing pants below their ankles. Despite this, it is a formal policy of the Director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons that ‘Islamic inmates may not hem or wear their pants above the ankle.’ This policy imposes a substantial, and unjustified, burden on the religious exercise of Mr. Lindh and all Muslim prisoners with the Federal Bureau of Prisons and violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.”

The actual tenet of Islam involves the length of a robe, but is also applied to pants. Mohammed claimed that having a long robe was arrogant and those who wore them would go to hell. That means if your pants are too long, you go to hell as well. The prophet Allah said that “the dress that is under the ankle is in the Hellfire.” That means convicted terrorists, who tried to murder Americans, can sue to wear the shorter pants, so as to avoid Islamic hell.

This brings to mind a separate case demanding “Islamically permissible” food for all prison inmates in the U.S. The federal government already provides Muslim prison inmates with special meals prepared according to Islamic law, but only a few states do it and a U.S.-based terrorist front group demanded a change earlier this year. The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which pretends to be a Muslim civil rights group, actually ordered Florida prison officials to offer Muslim inmates halal meals, which would cost taxpayers in the Sunshine State a lot more than the regular jailhouse cuisine. It would fall under religious accommodation. It’s fair to say that this one will also end up in court.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/05/terrorist-sues-jail-uniforms-violation-muslim-doctrine/

Sure would have been easier and cheaper to just execute John Lindh. He's got nothing but time on his hands to file lawsuits in order to keep himself entertained and to frustrate his jailers.

aboutime
05-29-2014, 04:03 PM
ATTENTION: Please take note, and Please vote on whether the following could, or should, become the newest Muslim Uniform standard in GITMO???

Thank you! EXAMPLE: http://icansayit.com/images/bra.jpg

Jeff
05-29-2014, 04:08 PM

I just don't understand why countries, the news media and anyone that has to deal with these animals ( either writing about them or living with them," that is if they can survive with these murdering animals " ) don't just contact you first jafar, it seems like it would save everyone a good bit of work, I mean after all you are the only authority on the subject :rolleyes:

jafar00
05-29-2014, 11:19 PM
jafar. Unfortunately. I lost count of the number of posts you have made here...designed to DEFEND, PROTECT, and Make EXCUSES for people like criminals being held in GITMO.

You are almost certainly equal in number to the number of LIES Obama has told...thinking NOBODY would notice.

Would you kindly point out where I actually defended him?

More about that, from a non-tea party source :

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/05/terrorist-sues-jail-uniforms-violation-muslim-doctrine/

Sure would have been easier and cheaper to just execute John Lindh. He's got nothing but time on his hands to file lawsuits in order to keep himself entertained and to frustrate his jailers.

The article quotes from Lindh himself. It is his own opinion vs a fatwa from a Sheikh of high regard with a list of credentials longer than your arm.

Lindh has shown that his knowledge of Islam is limited. He allowed himself to get involved with the Taliban did he not? I would rather take information about Islam from a noted Sheikh, than a fool locked up in prison.

NightTrain
05-29-2014, 11:32 PM
I never claimed he was smart; in my opinion he's rather the opposite.

The U.S. Judges sided with him with the other issues like praying 5 times per day with other muslims and that sort of thing.

I don't think anyone has explained to him that he's in prison and it's designed to take away freedoms and privileges - and he sure as hell should not be treated any differently than the other inmates regardless of his religion. He should pray in his cell alone like any other convict.

aboutime
05-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Would you kindly point out where I actually defended him?

The article quotes from Lindh himself. It is his own opinion vs a fatwa from a Sheikh of high regard with a list of credentials longer than your arm.

Lindh has shown that his knowledge of Islam is limited. He allowed himself to get involved with the Taliban did he not? I would rather take information about Islam from a noted Sheikh, than a fool locked up in prison.

You claim to have all of the answers. Using your propaganda to defend yourself on this topic, failed long ago. I have no reason to explain anything to you. You are what you are. Defending it doesn't work.