PDA

View Full Version : Rush: The Royal Family is the largest welfare recipient in the UK

tailfins
05-28-2014, 11:53 AM
That was Limbaugh's reply to this attack on capitalism by Prince Charles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2641584/Prince-Charles-says-capitalism-change-save-environment.html

NightTrain
05-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Prince Charles is urging everyone to consider global climate change in their business & personal lifestyles.

I know next to nothing about the Royal Family, so maybe Drummond can shed some light on this...

Does Charles ride an eco-friendly bicycle around or does he get around in a chauffeured Rolls limo?

Does he live in a small solar-powered bungalow or a Royal Mansion?

When he flies somewhere, is it commercially or in a private jet?

When he goes boating, is it on a yacht or is it on a rowboat, kayak or sailboat?

fj1200
05-28-2014, 02:31 PM
The Prince chats to International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde at the event in London yesterday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2641584/Prince-Charles-says-capitalism-change-save-environment.html

It all makes sense now. Nevertheless, the crown is a few centuries late on advocating for "inclusive capitalism."

Drummond
05-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Prince Charles is urging everyone to consider global climate change in their business & personal lifestyles.

I know next to nothing about the Royal Family, so maybe Drummond can shed some light on this...

Does Charles ride an eco-friendly bicycle around or does he get around in a chauffeured Rolls limo?

Does he live in a small solar-powered bungalow or a Royal Mansion?

When he flies somewhere, is it commercially or in a private jet?

When he goes boating, is it on a yacht or is it on a rowboat, kayak or sailboat?

No prizes for guessing which of these are correct ..

But -- let's be fair. Charles has been noticed taking a bus ride on an eco-friendly London double-decker bus. Once ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348387/Prince-Charles-Camilla-hop-bus-test-eco-friendly-double-decker.html

I also don't entirely rule out an eco-friendly spin-off effect resulting from Charles's famed chats with plants. There may be a plant, somewhere, at some time, which was pleased to have a chat with Charles ....

NightTrain
05-28-2014, 03:52 PM
No prizes for guessing which of these are correct ..

But -- let's be fair. Charles has been noticed taking a bus ride on an eco-friendly London double-decker bus. Once ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348387/Prince-Charles-Camilla-hop-bus-test-eco-friendly-double-decker.html

Yeah, that's what I guessed. The hypocrites promoting this global climate change crap are very amusing to me - they don't even try to hide it. Al Gore and his dire predictions of imminent doom while buzzing around the planet in his private jet & living in his mansion have made for great entertainment.

I also don't entirely rule out an eco-friendly spin-off effect resulting from Charles's famed chats with plants. There may be a plant, somewhere, at some time, which was pleased to have a chat with Charles ....

:laugh:

Now that sounds hilarious... I'd better look that up.

Noir
05-29-2014, 04:20 AM
I don't see what that 'reply' has at all to do with Charles' comments =/

Personally i don't have much time for the royal family, but regardless of politics its obvious that 'being green' is something Charles believes in, from developing green housing through the princes trust, founding and supporting 'green' charities etc.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't see what that 'reply' has at all to do with Charles' comments =/

Personally i don't have much time for the royal family, but regardless of politics its obvious that 'being green' is something Charles believes in, from developing green housing through the princes trust, founding and supporting 'green' charities etc.

I am sure the point was that it appears to be a "Do as I say, not as I do" situation.

Much like our Hollywood "royalty".

Noir
05-30-2014, 04:27 AM
I am sure the point was that it appears to be a "Do as I say, not as I do" situation. Much like our Hollywood "royalty".

Reminds me of a quote "When I was poor and I complained about inequality people said I was bitter, now I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite...I'm beginning to think they just don't want inequality on the agenda"

Charles is in the position he is in by accident of birth, and given the duties he must fulfil in his role, and the security undertaken etc then that leaves anyone free to brand him a hypocrite. But to do that while ignoring all that he choses to do, fund and support with what little free will he has, is a cheap way out.

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Reminds me of a quote "When I was poor and I complained about inequality people said I was bitter, now I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite...I'm beginning to think they just don't want inequality on the agenda"

Charles is in the position he is in by accident of birth, and given the duties he must fulfil in his role, and the security undertaken etc then that leaves anyone free to brand him a hypocrite. But to do that while ignoring all that he choses to do, fund and support with what little free will he has, is a cheap way out.

He doesn't continue to live a lavish life by "accident". He can choose to go green and do the EXACT same things that he thinks others can do, if he chooses. One shouldn't attempt an undertaking that they aren't willing to give into themselves, IMO. Of course one can, and might even have noble intentions, but promoting "green" while being so extremely wasteful - makes it almost a waste of time to try and now promote that idea to others. Same as I crack up when Al Gore tries that shit, while his waste and carbon footprint is in ranges that most wouldn't reach in a year, or lifetime.