PDA

View Full Version : A sensible plan to defend our borders

gabosaurus
06-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I saw this mentioned on another web site and was struck by how sensible it is. And how little support it has gotten among those factions who supposedly believe that we are being "over run" by illegal aliens.

The concept is simple: Withdraw our troops from the Middle East and use them to augment the existing Border Patrol. We wouldn't even need an expensive fence. And we could be using U.S. troops to defend OUR country. As opposed to someone else's.
And not just against illegals. We would be defended against drug smugglers and terrorists who enter the country from Mexico.

nevadamedic
06-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Actually it would be the nation Guard that does that. Some states have already sent their National Guard units to the boarder, Nevada is one of them/ they even sent administrative staff down there so the agents wouldn't be stuck in the office and could get out on the boarder. We need to have aircraft constantly patroling the boarders. Also there should be shoot to kill orders given to anyone patroling the boarder. i think once a few of them got killed the others would think twice about coming over. Also there are a ton of people who want to volunteer to patrol the boarders. Why not create a reserve program like Police Agencies across the country have?

gabosaurus
06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
You want us to kill people trying to cross the border? It's not really a capital crime. You are merely one of those people who enjoy death and dying. Which is why you want to Iraq conflict to continue. So you can thrill at the prospect of more people dying.

nevadamedic
06-19-2007, 05:11 PM
You want us to kill people trying to cross the border? It's not really a capital crime. You are merely one of those people who enjoy death and dying. Which is why you want to Iraq conflict to continue. So you can thrill at the prospect of more people dying.

It is what it is. It will detour people from coming over. It should be considered a capitol offense, these people are smuggling in drugs, weapons and terrorists which causes a major problem for our citizens. You have to remember that the majority of illegal drugs come over or under the boarder to Mexico.

stephanie
06-19-2007, 05:11 PM

:rolleyes:

nevadamedic
06-19-2007, 05:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Steph, you must be busy watching your Michael Moore collection. :laugh2:

stephanie
06-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Steph, you must be busy watching your Michael Moore collection. :laugh2:

:slap:

I'd rather pull my fingernails out one by one....:coffee:

Don't egg me on..I'll HAVE to post.."THE PICTURE".

Kathianne
06-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Yep, 'we' want every Iraqi slaughtered, that's been evidenced since day 1. Right. Seriously, have you seen the missives from our troops to save young and old from diseases or injuries? Have you seen the outpouring of help given over the past 4 years? Iraqis have and their take is a whole lot better than yours and your compadres.

manu1959
06-19-2007, 05:39 PM

let me see if i have this right...you want to station the military at the border but don't want to stop anyone from running the border...

can i break into your house then?

Gaffer
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
She wants to put the troops along the border, but they can't use force. What happens when those illegals start shooting at our troops? Should we pull them back to Colorado?