PDA

View Full Version : New York Rangers

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 09:20 AM
20 years since Mark Messier brought home the Stanley Cup, and after their win last night, they now go to the Stanley Cup Finals once again! This is the only "local" team I have ever liked. I remember running all over in 94 to buy the hats and shirts after they knocked out Vancouver to take it all.

I know Noir is a hockey fan, but from another world. Anyone else like hockey?

gabosaurus
05-30-2014, 10:26 AM
I can't say I am a huge hockey fan, but I enjoy watching the Ducks. Good to see the Rangers in the Cup finals for the first time in 20 years.
What I enjoy about the NHL is the parity. It's not like the NBA, which is fairly predictable (Heat vs Spurs or Thunder? yawn.. )
When you look at the NHL regular season final standings, the top six finishers didn't make the Conference finals.

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 10:59 AM
I can't say I am a huge hockey fan, but I enjoy watching the Ducks. Good to see the Rangers in the Cup finals for the first time in 20 years.
What I enjoy about the NHL is the parity. It's not like the NBA, which is fairly predictable (Heat vs Spurs or Thunder? yawn.. )
When you look at the NHL regular season final standings, the top six finishers didn't make the Conference finals.

Yes, and repeats aren't as likely. Teams can continue to be good year in and year out, but winning so many 7 game series in a row to take the cup is no easy task - hence as you pointed out that the top teams are out. The Rangers may not have finished 1st in the regular season, but the now won the conference, and IMO have the best goalie in the NHL who is peaking in the playoffs and just played another shutout last night to win the series - Henrik Lundvquist!

gabosaurus
05-30-2014, 12:20 PM
I never paid much attention to hockey until the Ducks made their run to the Stanley Cup finals a few years back. I got to see a few games in person and have been hooked ever since.

aboutime
05-30-2014, 12:50 PM
20 years since Mark Messier brought home the Stanley Cup, and after their win last night, they now go to the Stanley Cup Finals once again! This is the only "local" team I have ever liked. I remember running all over in 94 to buy the hats and shirts after they knocked out Vancouver to take it all.

I know Noir is a hockey fan, but from another world. Anyone else like hockey?

BROAD STREET BULLIES from the 70's. http://icansayit.com/images/flyers.jpg. The days of Bobby Clarke,
Dave (the hammer) Schultz, and Bernie Perante.
And who can forget KATE SMITH singing GOD BLESS AMERICA...before EACH of their Wins?

gabosaurus
05-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Wow, the Kings gave up two goals in the last eight minutes to lose 4-3 to the Blackhawks. Now they face a 7th game in Chicago. Which will likely be bad news.
Could be a Blackhawks vs. Rangers Stanley Cup final.

Voted4Reagan
05-31-2014, 06:56 AM
http://ztona.org/wp-content/uploads/new_york_islanders_logo7.png

jimnyc
05-31-2014, 07:19 AM
Islanders? LOL Last time I went to a Rangers game was in Nassau and the Rangers won 5-0. I almost got beat up with my jersey on going back to my car! True story!!

I was pulling for LA, for a East/West finals, but Chicago would be cool too, having to face the reigning champs.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2014, 10:05 AM
I never paid much attention to hockey until the Ducks made their run to the Stanley Cup finals a few years back. I got to see a few games in person and have been hooked ever since.

It's so much fun in person. On TV, a big snore, IMO.

jimnyc
06-10-2014, 07:47 AM
I think I jinxed them! They were up by 2 goals in game one and ended up losing in OT. They were up by 2 goals in game 2 and ended up losing in OT. They plain out sucked in game 3 and lost 3-0. They would now have to win 4 in a row to win the Cup. :(

stevecanuck
06-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Long suffering Flames fan here. The only time they won the cup ('89) I was on a seismic boat in the Gulf of Suez and didn't find out they won until 2 weeks later. Then in '04 I went to Tampa for game 7 only to see them lose. Sigh.

jimnyc
06-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Long suffering Flames fan here. The only time they won the cup ('89) I was on a seismic boat in the Gulf of Suez and didn't find out they won until 2 weeks later. Then in '04 I went to Tampa for game 7 only to see them lose. Sigh.

I had to hear chants of "1940" most of my life, which was the last time the Rangers won the cup. Then they finally win it all in 1994. Now it's another 20 years gone by already. If they repeat the last process, it won't be until 2048 that they win again! LOL

stevecanuck
06-10-2014, 08:34 AM
I had to hear chants of "1940" most of my life, which was the last time the Rangers won the cup. Then they finally win it all in 1994. Now it's another 20 years gone by already. If they repeat the last process, it won't be until 2048 that they win again! LOL

We chant 1967 when the Leafs are in town.

jimnyc
06-10-2014, 08:35 AM
We chant 1967 when the Leafs are in town.

7 more years for them and the tie the Rangers 54 years of futility! :lol:

Gaffer
06-10-2014, 08:45 AM
All I can say is be glad your not a Cubs fan.

Yeah I know this is a hockey thread. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
06-10-2014, 09:16 AM
All I can say is be glad your not a Cubs fan.

Yeah I know this is a hockey thread. :rolleyes:

Well that's true, the Cubbies are the benchmark for futility in all of sports! You have my sympathies. :)