PDA

View Full Version : DUCK DYNASTY Star: 'If We Don't Turn To God, We¹re Going To Lose The USA'

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 11:10 AM
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Republicans are poised for successful midterm elections, but many of the party’s most conservative activists are looking ahead to something bigger.

“We need to save this country in 2016,” Republican National Chairman Reince Priebus told the opening session of the 2014 Republican Leadership Conference on Thursday.

The annual event has grown into an opportunity for rising GOP stars to address some of the most conservative rank-and-file party faithful who influence the presidential nomination process.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal kicked of the list of White House hopefuls, delighting delegates by skewering President Barack Obama as “the most ideologically liberal” and “most incompetent president of our lifetimes.” Delegates will hear Friday and Saturday from tea party hero Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, 2012 presidential candidates Rick Santorum and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and others.

Jindal previewed what his presidential campaign pitch might look like, should he run, explaining his statewide private school tuition voucher program, privatization of the state’s public hospital system and a series of tax cuts as examples of a conservative renaissance in his state.

Jindal noted that the Obama administration sued unsuccessfully to block the tuition program, a move the governor called “cynical, immoral, hypocritical.” He also used some barbs at Obama to take indirect swipes at some of his potential White House rivals like Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin made a surprise appearance, helping introduce Phil Robertson, patriarch of cable television’s “Duck Dynasty.” Robertson has become a cultural icon for many conservative because of his outspoken Christian faith and commentary on sexuality, including opposition to same-sex marriage.

He mostly stayed clear of partisan politics. He blasted separation of church and state and called abortion a “blight” on society. He drew applause and shouts of “Amen” in calling for a national Christian revival and describing himself as a “Christocrat.”

“If we don’t turn to God at a pretty rapid clip,” he said, “we’re going to lose the United States of America.”

Neither Rubio nor Paul is scheduled to speak at the three-day gathering. Two of Jindal’s fellow governors — Chris Christie of New Jersey and Scott Walker of Wisconsin — also are skipping it.

The conference comes as Republicans campaign to win complete control of Capitol Hill for the final two years of Obama’s tenure. The GOP is favored to retain its House majority and has a strong chance of winning a Senate majority to control all of Capitol Hill for the final two years of Obama’s term.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/29/republicans-gather-in-new-orleans-to-hear-2016-hopefuls/

Noir
05-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe that's what god wants, who knows.

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Maybe that's what god wants, who knows.

I suppose that's a possibility. Perhaps he would like all of the heathens to see what the best country on Earth would be like without Him. :) Aunt Esther spoke similarly about this to Fred:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5qzRSU2NWmE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

gabosaurus
05-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I believe Americans need to determine their own destiny. I doubt God wants a nanny state.

Noir
05-30-2014, 12:19 PM
I suppose that's a possibility. Perhaps he would like all of the heathens to see what the best country on Earth would be like without Him. :) Aunt Esther spoke similarly about this to Fred: <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5qzRSU2NWmE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

Maybe he could use this free time to spend some more of his day with the believers in counties that have a much higher statistical rate of belief in him, but whom he has decided are not worthy of being the best country on earth, or clean water.

aboutime
05-30-2014, 12:54 PM
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Republicans are poised for successful midterm elections, but many of the party’s most conservative activists are looking ahead to something bigger.

“We need to save this country in 2016,” Republican National Chairman Reince Priebus told the opening session of the 2014 Republican Leadership Conference on Thursday.

The annual event has grown into an opportunity for rising GOP stars to address some of the most conservative rank-and-file party faithful who influence the presidential nomination process.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal kicked of the list of White House hopefuls, delighting delegates by skewering President Barack Obama as “the most ideologically liberal” and “most incompetent president of our lifetimes.” Delegates will hear Friday and Saturday from tea party hero Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, 2012 presidential candidates Rick Santorum and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and others.

Jindal previewed what his presidential campaign pitch might look like, should he run, explaining his statewide private school tuition voucher program, privatization of the state’s public hospital system and a series of tax cuts as examples of a conservative renaissance in his state.

Jindal noted that the Obama administration sued unsuccessfully to block the tuition program, a move the governor called “cynical, immoral, hypocritical.” He also used some barbs at Obama to take indirect swipes at some of his potential White House rivals like Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin made a surprise appearance, helping introduce Phil Robertson, patriarch of cable television’s “Duck Dynasty.” Robertson has become a cultural icon for many conservative because of his outspoken Christian faith and commentary on sexuality, including opposition to same-sex marriage.

He mostly stayed clear of partisan politics. He blasted separation of church and state and called abortion a “blight” on society. He drew applause and shouts of “Amen” in calling for a national Christian revival and describing himself as a “Christocrat.”

“If we don’t turn to God at a pretty rapid clip,” he said, “we’re going to lose the United States of America.”

Neither Rubio nor Paul is scheduled to speak at the three-day gathering. Two of Jindal’s fellow governors — Chris Christie of New Jersey and Scott Walker of Wisconsin — also are skipping it.

The conference comes as Republicans campaign to win complete control of Capitol Hill for the final two years of Obama’s tenure. The GOP is favored to retain its House majority and has a strong chance of winning a Senate majority to control all of Capitol Hill for the final two years of Obama’s term.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/29/republicans-gather-in-new-orleans-to-hear-2016-hopefuls/

Jimnyc. The great thing about this topic is. WE, as AMERICANS have the 1st amendment right to SAY, and THINK as we do.

And personally. I could care less whether anyone else agree's, or disagree's with MY PRIVATE Faith, or Beliefs.

If everyone minds their own business on this. I'll mind mine!

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Maybe he could use this free time to spend some more of his day with the believers in counties that have a much higher statistical rate of belief in him, but whom he has decided are not worthy of being the best country on earth, or clean water.

God made US and our great land - but the people are what has made it the greatest country in the world. God made every other place the same as well. It's the people who decide what the outcome is.

aboutime
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
God made US and our great land - but the people are what has made it the greatest country in the world. God made every other place the same as well. It's the people who decide what the outcome is.

jimnyc. As the song says "They can't take that away from me!"

For many years, while I was still in uniform, and visiting almost every Continent, with many nations. NOT ONCE, did I ever remember feeling a sudden need to Never Come Home to THIS NATION.

For countless Millions around the World who happily call us names like "THE GREAT SATAN". Not once can I say I met anyone over those many years...who didn't wish they could come, and live in America.

A great example of this takes place EVERY DAY...on our Southern border, where thousands come...either legally, or illegally to "THE GREAT SATAN".

Personally. No matter how old I get, or tired of hearing the whining from the SPOILED, Mistreated, Poor Americans...part of the richest Poor on Earth, complain about how terrible living here in the U.S.A. is.
There are very few who are ILLEGALLY trying to ESCAPE from America.
Anyone ever wonder...WHY??

Jeff
05-30-2014, 03:57 PM
I believe Americans need to determine their own destiny. I doubt God wants a nanny state.

I agree God doesn't want to see a Nanny state only Liberals want that.

I hear all the time that we shouldn't mix God into things, well all one has to do is look back a few years and see how well things are going now that we threw God out of our schools, Court rooms ect... Just the fact Obama is in office should be all the Proof one needs.

gabosaurus
05-30-2014, 10:47 PM
I hear all the time that we shouldn't mix God into things, well all one has to do is look back a few years and see how well things are going now that we threw God out of our schools, Court rooms ect... Just the fact Obama is in office should be all the Proof one needs.

I thought the same thing when Dubya was in office. :cool:

Noir
05-31-2014, 04:18 AM

You mean like the people in Finland, Sweden etc? Whose countries are often judged to be the happiest, least criminal, best standard of living countries etc, while having a minority theist population?

Not saying they're perfect by any means, but surly by the 'see how you do without god' test, these countries should be in dire straits, no?

Jeff
05-31-2014, 06:11 AM

I bet you did :eek:

Of course you also think Obama is doing a good job :laugh: and when asked what Obama has done good your answer is Dubya bad :laugh: yes we can all take that serious.

jimnyc
05-31-2014, 07:14 AM
You mean like the people in Finland, Sweden etc? Whose countries are often judged to be the happiest, least criminal, best standard of living countries etc, while having a minority theist population?

Not saying they're perfect by any means, but surly by the 'see how you do without god' test, these countries should be in dire straits, no?

Nice countries, no doubt about it. Too bad they aren't even remotely as awesome as the USA. More people migrate to the USA than any other country in the world, they aren't sitting in rafts to end up in Finland or Sweden. Oh, but they have awesome hockey teams there too!! :)

Jeff
05-31-2014, 02:37 PM
A video with Phil and Hannity, Phil explains his points.

(The Blaze) – “Duck Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson, who recently doubled down on his views on homosexuality, clearly isn’t afraid to wade into contentious territory.
In a speech he delivered Thursday, Robertson did just that, telling the GOP to “get Godly” and decrying some of the White House’s recent actions as “downright embarrassing.”
At the heart of Robertson’s message — a half-hour speech that was delivered at the Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana — was the notion that Republicans need to get back on track by reconnecting with the Lord.
- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/evil-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson-blasts-white-house-43200/#sthash.iduxnmSs.dpuf

http://www.teaparty.org/evil-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson-blasts-white-house-43200/

aboutime
05-31-2014, 03:21 PM

Not possible gabby. Most of us know...from experience with you. You are incapable of Thinking.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Give the Finns or Swedes a country the size of ours to handle, and see how well they do.

jimnyc
06-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Give the Finns or Swedes a country the size of ours to handle, and see how well they do.

God gave them great land, and it would appear they take great care of it. Kudos to them! But then they went and denied Jesus. So all of their hard work will leave them in hell in the afterlife! :laugh2:

jimnyc
06-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Btw, I say the above because the combined Catholics in both of those countries is like .1% or something like that, hence Noir pointing them out.